Cable TV

mirkwood

I have DirectTV. The only bad experience I've had with them and it probably isn't even their fault. I'm sure it's the fault of the vendor who promised me things he had no right to promise.

Oh and once there was too much snow on the dish so I didn't get reception. And my dish is on the roof. So it was a bit trying to try and clear the snow. I have a bundled package through Century Link for tv and internet.

I had a bundled package through Century Link with Direct TV for over 6 years. I liked it, we sometimes lost reception, but you couldn't tell when - it could be raining cats and dogs and everything is fine, or it could be a few clouds and we'd lose it. My son loved the NFL package.

I'd still have it if my new house wasn't in the treetops and the condo assn won't let me put a dish on the new roof. They sent 2 guys out here to test for line of sight and, considering where I'd have to put the dish, it just wouldn't work out . We were bummed. We have Mediacom, which is OK. It turns on when I want it and I don't have to worry about the weather. Don't like dealing with the company, tho.

we sometimes lost reception, but you couldn't tell when - it could be raining cats and dogs and everything is fine, or it could be a few clouds and we'd lose it.

I have that too. A couple of times mines has gone out and I've called. I was asked if we were having bad weather. Nope clear day and 75 degrees out. Strange sometimes.

If you use cable for internet, you will have to switch to DSL which is considerably slower.

Why? I have DirecTV, and I have Cable One for internet. There's no problem. The DirecTV receivers' internet functions work just fine, and Cable One has no problems with selling us only internet.

I had dishnetwork and didn't like it. I lost reception if the weather guy ever even talked about rain. I have direct TV now and only during the most strenuous storms does it go out. Sometimes the snow builds up on it and Dravin has to clean it off.

We tried to switch to Comcast (to get their new subscription deal) but the customer service was THE WORST I've ever encountered....and this was BEFORE we became a customer. So, I called direct TV and they were able to cut my bill for a year.

Never had a problem with Dish, had it at two homes. Just got too expensive for 200 channels: 195 of which were IMHO garbage

These days we hook up a laptop via HDMI cable and do Hulu Plus($7.99 a month), Netfilx ($7.99 a month)) and Project Free TV (free) and watch exactly what we want when we want without all the sitting and mindlessly surfing channels.

You do have to have a decent internet connection with no caps on usage - we have Verizon FIOS

I had dishnetwork and didn't like it. I lost reception if the weather guy ever even talked about rain. I have direct TV now and only during the most strenuous storms does it go out. Sometimes the snow builds up on it and Dravin has to clean it off.

We tried to switch to Comcast (to get their new subscription deal) but the customer service was THE WORST I've ever encountered....and this was BEFORE we became a customer. So, I called direct TV and they were able to cut my bill for a year.

Interesting. With my dish have lost signal during bad thunderstorms. Have never lost it from the snow yet. I have never had direct tv. I just know with my programming dish offered me what I wanted.

Always nice to read everyone's opinions.

I have Comcast for Internet (Xfinity) and DirectTV for satellite. Directv had a better sports package offer than dish.

But, after March Madness we're getting rid of paid TV again and just have our Apple TV thing.