Does Pre-mortal Life observe our world before coming into it?

Nazareth

...except that it was. I rather suspect it greatly resembled our lives today.

Except, theoretically, the need for food, shelter, medicine, etc., which means no need for employment. I assume we also didn't need to shave or cut our hair, trim the nails, blow our noses...I assume. I wonder if we had to clean ourselves? Can a spirit get dirty? Is there spirit sweat? And if so, is there spirit water or some sort of cleaning equivalent?

As a great deal of our time is spent dealing with the physical, mortal part of our existence, I'm not sure how much of our pre-existence could resemble our lives today.

All speculation, of course. We really don't know at all.

The difference between our premortal life and earth life is we were spirits only with no body of flesh and bones. It was a most beautiful place were we didn't need to learn faith or how to control our bodies for we didn't have one yet. Thou we went through a lot of learning to prepair us for earth life.Which is a very important phase,probably the most important one. How long we don't know it could of been eons.I don't beleive the time frame matters. How great our Heavenly Father is for He is so organized, for His wisdom, His knowledge,for His love for all of His children for He knew all his children would need to learn and grown and progress and He wants the best for us!!!!!

I think this is going off topic. The question was not if we know that much about the pre-mortal existence but if the spirits in the pre-life see what's going on here on earth before coming to it.

Off prime topic, true, though related. But the only on-topic response that anyone can possible give is, "Um..."

We just don't know. Nothing revealed on this that I'm aware of. Your thought on some angels being known to have been pre-mortal is interesting, but doesn't really answer the question. God may have just given an assignment that was fulfilled. It doesn't tell us that these angels saw our world before they got here.

So, really, semi-off topic is the only way to generate some decent conversation.

Off prime topic, true, though related. But the only on-topic response that anyone can possible give is, "Um..."

We just don't know. Nothing revealed on this that I'm aware of. Your thought on some angels being known to have been pre-mortal is interesting, but doesn't really answer the question. God may have just given an assignment that was fulfilled. It doesn't tell us that these angels saw our world before they got here.

That is true but it's all I've got. :D

D&C 129 talks about visitation of spirits and how to discern whether they are of God or of the devil. We have been told through various church leaders that angels that have visited the earth have been both pre-mortal and post-mortal.

Also D&C 130:5: . . . But there are no angels who minister to this earth but those who do belong or have belonged to it.

Just wondering.

We do know that we where instructed about mortaility.

“In the pre-existence we dwelt in the presence of God our Father. When the time arrived for us to be advanced in the scale of our existence and pass through this mundane probation, councils were held and the spirit children were instructed in matters pertaining to conditions in mortal life, and the reason for such an existence. In the former life we were spirits. In order that we should advance and eventually gain the goal of perfection, it was made known that we would receive tabernacles of flesh and bones and have to pass through mortality where we would be tried and proved to see if we, by trial, would prepare ourselves for exaltation. We were made to realize, in the presence of our glorious Father, who had a tangible body of flesh and bones which shone like the sun, that we were, as spirits, far inferior in our station to him” (Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1:57)

The pre-mortal Christ visited the Earth many times before being born in Bethlehem. I have also read stories of those who were visited by yet unborn children. So personally I think at least some may.

Not sure Christ's visits sets a precedence for what the rest of our pre-mortal experience was. But I've heard such stories too.

That being said, doesn't mean that we are "observed" by them. Which is, I believe, the question. Are my unborn children watching my life? It's a very interesting question.

According to Saturday's Warrior they are. :)

Not sure Christ's visits sets a precedence for what the rest of our pre-mortal experience was. But I've heard such stories too.

That being said, doesn't mean that we are "observed" by them. Which is, I believe, the question. Are my unborn children watching my life? It's a very interesting question.

According to Saturday's Warrior they are. :)

Yes, Christ's visits may not set a presidence but it leads me to consider the fact that some holy spirits may be given the opportunity to visit. And if they visited then I would guess that some might have observed.

I think so too. However, I think this only happens when required to fulfill some Godly purpose.
I agree.

Yes, Christ's visits may not set a presidence but it leads me to consider the fact that some holy spirits may be given the opportunity to visit. And if they visited then I would guess that some might have observed.

You know, now that I think about it, there are several examples of concourses of angels visiting the earth prior to Christ. Prior to Christ means no resurrection yet, so all of them were pre-existence spirits. Still doesn't say for sure if they observed prior to visiting...but.......