Meet the future Prime Minister.

FunkyTown

Pierre Elliott Trudeau's son, Justin Trudeau, recently sacked -every single Liberal senator in the Canadian Senate-.

Why? Because he believes that voting along party lines turns the senate in to a rubber stamp and robs the Canadian people of choice and self-determination.

Trudeau to his senators: You're fired! | Pembroke Daily Observer

Here is Justin Trudeau:

Justin-Trudeau-251112.jpg

I know, I know. he's a member of the Liberal party. What you need to understand is Canadian politics is crazy. Liberals are the Conservatives, New Democrats are the Liberals, the Conservatives are the... Uh... Hrm. They aren't really the party of anything, even though they have the current Prime Minister. Sometimes, they're Conservative. sometimes they're not.

Anyway, take a look at his platform:

Justin Trudeau: Platform offers look at future of Liberal party | National Post

He's pro-gun, pro-lowered taxes, believes that green policies should be grassroots(He's set up a tax incentive - You can claim up to $13, 500 in home improvements for things like heating insulation, solar panels and other items that reduce strain on the national power infrastructure) and is pushing for democratic reform to decentralize power.

So what do you think? Could you vote for a liberal? ;)

Justin Trudeau took a labour dispute my mother had pro-bono. I might be a tad pre-disposed to him.

Also, he would straight up dragon punch Jack Layton in to the sun.

yeah he's dead:lol:

and if you want comical over the top punches, look no further then Fist of the North Star

I'd pay a huge amount of money to see Justin Trudeau go all Kenshiro on someone:lol:

Since I am not a Trudeau fan I will add this article.

Sun News : Trudeau's Senate move all shock, no substance

M.

I read that and was interested. Perhaps you can clarify, Maureen? There were two main arguments:

1) What he did isn't going to do anything because they're still liberals.

2) What he did reduces the democratic process because he doesn't get to listen to the caucus arguments.

So, err... Maybe I'm being dense, but how could:

A national party caucus meeting is probably the only place where senators would have heard MPs candidly discussing what their constituents are saying about issues. It was as close as they could get to a democratic touchstone, and a lot more real than what they'd get from the chattering classes at the Rideau Club and the barstool strategists at Hy's.

be true, limiting their contact with information.

And:

The new Elections Act will radically diminish voter fraud, dissuade robocalls that mislead voters and impose jail time for anyone convicted of impersonating an election official.

Those are important reforms.

Justin's hurried Senate announcement has no such impact. The problem has never been that Senators sat in a party caucus. The problem has been that they weren't elected and had no democratic authority to make decisions on behalf of the people of Canada.

- It either has no impact, or it's an evil reduction in democratic process. It can't be both. When someone suggests it is both, that's just partisan hackery at its finest.

Unless the author was thinking that an evil reduction in democratic has no impact? I guess? That could theoretically allow both statements to be true.

But in that case, he's just engaging in silly goosery. If my choices are that the author is either indifferent of the democratic process or a partisan hack, it's not that hard to dismiss the claims.

It means nothing. Those "fired" senators will still vote with the Liberal party, as they always have. The only difference is that they are not officially part of the party. It's grandstanding, that's all.

Anybody with a memory west of Manitoba will not vote for a Trudeau. His dad decimated the oil and gas industry in the 80's and people are still very, very bitter about it.

I don't get all the hate for Harper either. Sure he's not perfect, but he's also guided this country through the Global Financial Crisis and we are a lot better off than some other countries.

And lastly, I don't think he'll beat Harper because I think Harper will retire before the next election.

It means nothing. Those "fired" senators will still vote with the Liberal party, as they always have. The only difference is that they are not officially part of the party. It's grandstanding, that's all.

Anybody with a memory west of Manitoba will not vote for a Trudeau. His dad decimated the oil and gas industry in the 80's and people are still very, very bitter about it.

I don't get all the hate for Harper either. Sure he's not perfect, but he's also guided this country through the Global Financial Crisis and we are a lot better off than some other countries.

And lastly, I don't think he'll beat Harper because I think Harper will retire before the next election.

That and the Liberals haven't exactly done all that well since Paul Martin

if anyone is gonna win it's probably the NDP (with a minority and if they suck, most likely the Conservatives will get back in, I highly doubt the Liberals will pull themselves back up from what befell them in the last election, at least not right away)

That and the Liberals haven't exactly done all that well since Paul Martin

if anyone is gonna win it's probably the NDP (with a minority and if they suck, most likely the Conservatives will get back in, I highly doubt the Liberals will pull themselves back up from what befell them in the last election, at least not right away)

If Jack Layton was still around then I would agree that they might win the next election, but with Mulcair? Not a chance.

I am expecting another lame coalition government with the PC's holding a slight edge in the next election. Then the Liberals and the NDP can go back to doing what they do best. Holding up progress!! :P:p:p

Edited by Canuck Mormon

If Jack Layton was still around then I would agree that they might win the next election, but with Mulcair? Not a chance.

I am expecting another lame coalition government with the PC's holding a slight edge in the next election. Then the Liberals and the NDP can go back to doing what they do best. Holding up progress!! :P:p:p

I donno... I still like the NDP's chances