Mock Election! Who should be President? Only LDS.net posters may be nominated!

prisonchaplain

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LDS.Net high school...

Principal: Pam

Assistant principal: JAG

School counsellor: Backroads, Jenamarie, LiterateParakeet

Maths teacher: MOE

Science teacher: Dravin, Traveller

History teacher: Vort

Social studies teacher: Anatess, Soulsearcher, Quin

Religious studies teacher: PC, Anddenex

P.E teacher: skalenfal

Music teacher: Eowyn

I.T teacher: Mahone

Art teacher: Applepansy

Debate teacher: Leah

English teacher: Wingnut, Finrock, Dahlia

Driver ed. teacher: LM

Grounds security: Mirkwood

School nurse: Me I guess

LDS.Net high school...

I think there's only one of those that I would disagree with. Most of these are really great, and spot-on!

I think there's only one of those that I would disagree with. Most of these are really great, and spot-on!

Wingnut,

I had a hard time placing MOE, Vort, and Traveller. I know those guys could be in a few places. Was it any of them? Lol.

LDS.Net high school...

Is there any position left or do I have to schedule an interview with the Principal? :D

Is there any position left or do I have to schedule an interview with the Principal? :D

Suzie, I meant to list you as a school counsellor! Ugh! :) But I think there's a couple positions that only have one teacher, so if you'd rather do music or art, I'm sure Eowyn and Apple wouldn't mind splitting the load! (I'd probably pick one of those two myself, actually.)

It really confusses me. I could understand if half the world did it your way like driving on the wrong side of the road but I don't know any other country that writes dates m/d/yy.

Not a criticism just wonder why it ended up like that?

Technically we have THREE different ways of writing dates.

Just to confuse the issue further.

1) Civilian

Month DD YYYY or

MM DD YYYY

Mar 15 2014

3/15/14

2) Military A

DDMONTHYYYY

15MAR2014

7MAY1996

2JULY2025

3) Military B

YYYYMMDD if we're going for pure numbers

After serving my mission in England I started writing my dates the way you are talking about. Took me a long time to change back. Boy did I get some looks. Lol

My immediate relative petition for migration to the USA was approved this past week, so I will be moving from the UK to Florida at some point in the next five months.

I'm already aware of many differences between the UK and US in culture, language and almost everything else and therefore will adapt accordingly. But despite having visited on multiple occasions, this will be the first time I've ever worked in the US so it's probably going to be something of a shock for the first few months while I attempt to stop appending 'cheers' to the bottom of my e-mails, and learn to pronounce router as 'raut-er' instead of 'root-er'. I do work in IT so this latter one will be kind of important, and I suspect will produce some blank stares if I mess up.

Edited by Mahone

Wingnut,

I had a hard time placing MOE, Vort, and Traveller. I know those guys could be in a few places. Was it any of them? Lol.

Nope. MOE's placement is both perfect and obvious. I think that Vort would be a good history teacher. Traveller I might reassign, though, to philosophy.

I'd vote for any one that made Americans write their dates like the rest of the world!

If it makes you feel any better, MOE would probably teach all the kids metric instead of American units.

You and LiterateParakeet should be the school counselors. Jenamarie can be the dance teacher, and Backroads can be the Home Ec instructor.

I'm already aware of many differences between the UK and US in culture, language and almost everything else and therefore will adapt accordingly. But despite having visited on multiple occasions, this will be the first time I've ever worked in the US so it's probably going to be something of a shock for the first few months while I attempt to stop appending 'cheers' to the bottom of my e-mails, and learn to pronounce router as 'raut-er' instead of 'root-er'. I do work in IT so this latter one will be kind of important, and I suspect will produce some blank stares if I mess up.

Don't stop that! It's charming, and there's no reason not to do it.

My immediate relative petition for migration to the USA was approved this past week, so I will be moving from the UK to Florida at some point in the next five months.

Good luck to you in your new endeavor. You will also have to learn different spelling...you know like color and not colour.