707 HORSEPOWER!!!!! Historic.

Str8Shooter

To all of my fellow gearheads (if there are any on this board), the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 Hellcat has made history.  It was announced yesterday that it produces 707 horsepower stock, with no modifications.

It has more power than the Camaro ZL1 and the Mustang GT500.

It is the most powerful muscle car ever made.  It is the fastest muscle car ever made.....

....and now everybody knows one of my greatest weaknesses.  Dodge is not making this easy for me.

-Str8shooter

I am not a fan of General Motors or Dodge cars.  I'd like to put it up against a Tesla electric car to see which goes zero to sixty miles per hour faster.

The Dodge soundly beats the Tesla S in 0-60 (4.2s vs 3.5s for the Dodge) and in top speed (130mph vs 200+mph).  That being said, the Tesla S is still very fast and puts out impressive times. 

I'm guessing it will be 24 Hwy, 14 City, driving like a ultra-super-environmentally conscious person.  The second the right foot goes to idiot mode, probably 8mpg. 

Haha and which kind of driver would you be most times in a car like that?

Haha and which kind of driver would you be most times in a car like that?

When I drive my car (470hp) I am usually 80% normal and 20% idiot which nets me 16-18mpg.  Some people might argue that any idiot percentage makes me a 100% idiot by default.  I say to that, yes, but I am a safe idiot.

To all of my fellow gearheads (if there are any on this board), the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 Hellcat has made history.  It was announced yesterday that it produces 707 horsepower stock, with no modifications.

It has more power than the Camaro ZL1 and the Mustang GT500.

It is the most powerful muscle car ever made.  It is the fastest muscle car ever made.....

....and now everybody knows one of my greatest weaknesses.  Dodge is not making this easy for me.

-Str8shooter

impressive.

There is a new 6-speed manual that's a modified Viper transmission.  I raced about 2 dozen laps in an SRT8 with a paddle shift slushbox and they shift so quick now it's crazy, especially in manual mode.  I love manual transmissions (I have an old stick shift turbo minivan), but if I were to get a Hellcat it would be an automatic.

Check out how quick it shifts while burning out (this is the automatic transmission):

http://youtu.be/4fU7rM6qaMc

(Somebody please tell me how to embed a video here, I can't figure it out.)

Whoa, did he ^^^ shift through three gears while burning out?  That just AWESOME!!!  That's some amazingly fast shifting.  But I'm old school, I like to throw the shifter around.  But I'm waiting for the day I can afford to buy and maintain two cars because I'm gonna cherry out my 96 Mustang, just because.

I wasn't a big Dodge fan until I rented a Charger to drive to Vegas.  Even with a 6 it was a blast to drive.  Now I'm sold!

Whoa, did he ^^^ shift through three gears while burning out?  That just AWESOME!!!  That's some amazingly fast shifting.  But I'm old school, I like to throw the shifter around.  But I'm waiting for the day I can afford to buy and maintain two cars because I'm gonna cherry out my 96 Mustang, just because.

I wasn't a big Dodge fan until I rented a Charger to drive to Vegas.  Even with a 6 it was a blast to drive.  Now I'm sold!

He hit 6th gear at the end if the burnout.  This Challenger has the 8 speed automatic.

(Somebody please tell me how to embed a video here, I can't figure it out.)

You mean, like this?

Just type the url in between video /video tags (enclose in brackets).