Can you handle the heat?

I like my food super spicy hot, but like with everyone, I have my limits. My BIL is a spicy hot enthusiast and likes to be challenged to try spicier and hotter whenever he can. I'm not like that, I will go as hot as my tongue can handle and my taste buds appreciate, after that I don't consider it a good eat.

I like my food super spicy hot, but like with everyone, I have my limits. My BIL is a spicy hot enthusiast and likes to be challenged to try spicier and hotter whenever he can. I'm not like that, I will go as hot as my tongue can handle and my taste buds appreciate, after that I don't consider it a good eat.

I rarely eat a burger without piling on jalapenos, and my favorite chicken strip dipping sauce is mango habanero, but WingStop actually has some Cajun Extra Spicy wings that left me with blisters in my mouth from choking down two of them.

I like wasabi because it's like a flash fire.  HOT in my mouth for less than a minute, then completely gone.  

I like a little spice, but my digestive system just can't handle a lot of spice.

Although, Dravin likes to claim my spice level is inconsistent....because I like the stir fry we make to be spicy....

Spices are good but can be troublesome to stupid chefs.

A while back I read that cinnamon has great health benefits.  One web site pretty much claimed that cinnamon can cure anything except death.

Late one night I was in bed eating a big bowl of oatmeal.  It was probably my dinner that night.  I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to put cinnamon on the oatmeal, so I sneaked back into the darkened kitchen, opened the cupboard, and took out the little plastic jar of brown powder.  I put a lot on the oatmeal, maybe 2 tablespoons.  

Brought it back to bed and put a big spoonful into my mouth.  I immediately gagged so hard that oatmeal started dribbling down my chin and falling onto my pajamas and my blanket.  That "brown powder" I thought was cinnamon was not.  It was turmeric.

All the labels in my kitchen face forward now.

• 4 weeks later...