Strawberryfields - How Did It Go?

Gabelma

Thanks for all of your concern. I feel like people here are like my extended family too. :)

Here is a copy of a post I posted earlier. I hope you don't mind if I re-post it here. We are going to leave the hospital soon and I will go home and hit the bed... Last night was very LONG.

"Just a real quick note as we are anxious to get back to see him this morning

He finally went into surgery 5 hours after we got there.

We were all tired which added to our stress.

They didn't actually start surgery on him until 7 PM. The brain surgeon was finished at 8:30. We didn't see the plastic surgeon until 12.10

We got into see Nick at 12:35 and he was waking up. He told us he loved us through motions. He shook his nurses hand. He communicated with an oxygen make on some asking where his sister was.

He kissed him good by and told him we would see him ASAP in the morning and to get some well deserved rest.

Thanks for ALL of your prayers and well wishes.... I only broke down once after he went into the surgery, I will tell you more later. We feel very blessed"

Hugs, SF

Guest Yediyd

Straw...I think you should cut and paste this thread someplace where your son can see it as he gets stronger. You hang in there...and I too, am very happy to hear that he is doing better and the surgery went well. G-d bless both of you!! All of you, I should say, I'm sure this has been quite a ride for your whole family!

I admire you in a big way, Strawberry!!!

Yed.

Thanks for your support everyone. It means a lot to me. :)

Today I have been trying to get rid of a massive headache. I will share more as my brain begins to clear. We have been very blessed. Nick was home less than 48 hours post surgery. He will still be going into the hospital daily for hyperbaric treatments and weekly blood tests because of the antibiotics he is required to take for 4-6 weeks. The hyperbaric treatments are scheduled for 40 of them 2 hours long..... At least we were able to get out of him having a pic line for the antibiotics. :)

Today I have been trying to get rid of a massive headache. I will share more as my brain begins to clear. We have been very blessed. Nick was home less than 48 hours post surgery. He will still be going into the hospital daily for hyperbaric treatments and weekly blood tests because of the antibiotics he is required to take for 4-6 weeks. The hyperbaric treatments are scheduled for 40 of them 2 hours long..... At least we were able to get out of him having a pic line for the antibiotics. :)

That is awesome news....thanks for sharing....hope and pray everything continues to be positive for you and your family.

Wow.

You're in my thoughts.

Elphaba

I am currently at the hospital while Nick is in for hyperbaric treatment.

It has been amazing the events of this last week. Seriously I am on a high.

First not wanting the plastic surgeon that was going to be assigned to us. I mean I wonder how many people buck the system like I did with that. For 40 mins while in the parking lot last Tuesday with the brain surgeon. He kept telling me we are going ahead with Dr. X on Thursday. I said we don't want Dr. X and we are going to go see Dr. Y tomorrow. On Wednesday we saw Dr. Y and the spirit bore witness to me that Dr. Y was our doctor. The spirit was so strong I started crying right in Dr. Y's office. Then we had to tell our brain surgeon we had chosen another plastic surgeon and we still got resistance from Dr. B (for brain surgeon). We didn't know until about six o'clock on Wednesday night that we were going to surgery with our choice of surgeons on the very next day.

What I especially liked about Dr. Y is that he was against all foreign materials in his head. His plan was to do a craniotomy taking out a large chunk of Nick skull. Then doing a filet cut replacing the outer bone right where it came. They would use the inner part of the bone to create a sculpted bone to replace the plate entirely. Nick is recovering well. His brain is protected with his own bone. He is still very swollen but he isn't black and blue like he has been before.

We have so much to be thankful for...

I am currently at the hospital while Nick is in for hyperbaric treatment.

It has been amazing the events of this last week. Seriously I am on a high.

First not wanting the plastic surgeon that was going to be assigned to us. I mean I wonder how many people buck the system like I did with that. For 40 mins while in the parking lot last Tuesday with the brain surgeon. He kept telling me we are going ahead with Dr. X on Thursday. I said we don't want Dr. X and we are going to go see Dr. Y tomorrow. On Wednesday we saw Dr. Y and the spirit bore witness to me that Dr. Y was our doctor. The spirit was so strong I started crying right in Dr. Y's office. Then we had to tell our brain surgeon we had chosen another plastic surgeon and we still got resistance from Dr. B (for brain surgeon). We didn't know until about six o'clock on Wednesday night that we were going to surgery with our choice of surgeons on the very next day.

What I especially liked about Dr. Y is that he was against all foreign materials in his head. His plan was to do a craniotomy taking out a large chunk of Nick skull. Then doing a filet cut replacing the outer bone right where it came. They would use the inner part of the bone to create a sculpted bone to replace the plate entirely. Nick is recovering well. His brain is protected with his own bone. He is still very swollen but he isn't black and blue like he has been before.

We have so much to be thankful for...

SF,

That's awesome news! I think Dr. Y was the superior choice too! :)