Things You Wouldn't Know Without Movies

pam

I thought these rang sooooo true.

It is always possible to park directly outside any building you are visiting.

-A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.

-If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you bump into will know all the steps.

-Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communication systems of any invading alien civilization.

-It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

-When a person is knocked unconscious by a blow to the head, they will never suffer a concussion or brain damage.

-No one involved in a car chase, hijacking, explosion, volcanic eruption or alien invasion will ever go into shock.

-Police Departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total opposite.

-When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.

-You can always find a chainsaw when you need one.

-Any lock can be picked by a credit card or a paper clip in seconds, unless it''''s the door to a burning building with a child trapped inside.

-An electric fence, powerful enough to kill a dinosaur will cause no lasting damage to an eight-year-old child.

-Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you personally at that precise moment you turn the television on.

And to add a few others:

Nobody in the future needs to go to the bathroom -- ever seen a bathroom on a sci-fi spacecraft?

Two blonds in the woods after their boyfriends mysteriously disappear will always strip off and go skinnydipping even when they know a psychotic murderere has escaped from prison.

Gay men never play gay men in TV shows.

Nobody ever gets shot in the private regions in war movies.

All '80s movies have a burning trash can in a night scene in a movie.

You never have a psychotic, satan worshipping, demon possessed, etc. rabbi in an American produced TV program. Plenty of priests and ministers though.

Guest Yediyd

Fiannen I knew if you added anything there would be SOMETHING about someone getting naked. :P

LOL!!!! Very astute observation! I thought I was the only person here who felt like this man has a fetish about all things sexual.

Hey, one other funny thing I forgot. Ever notice how in movies and TV programs when a villian repents and goes right he or she dies in the end (and like on all those old Bonanza shows dies in the arms of the good guy explaining how good is best? Wait, that was also in Star Wars).

<div class='quotemain'> Fiannen I knew if you added anything there would be SOMETHING about someone getting naked. :P

LOL!!!! Very astute observation! I thought I was the only person here who felt like this man has a fetish about all things sexual.

In psychology one might ask why would you take notice of that? :D

Guest Yediyd
Hey, one other funny thing I forgot. Ever notice how in movies and TV programs when a villian repents and goes right he or she dies in the end (and like on all those old Bonanza shows dies in the arms of the good guy explaining how good is best? Wait, that was also in Star Wars).

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'> Fiannen I knew if you added anything there would be SOMETHING about someone getting naked. :P

In psychology one might ask why would you take notice of that? :D

I'm not big on all that psycho mumbo jumbo....I think that most psychotherapist go into that Field because they are confused about their OWN messed up lives! Most psychotherapist that I have met are nuttier than ME!!!!!

I trust the lds therapist that my Bishop set me up with seeing as he is also the Stake President...but for the most part...I have little respect for the kookie ideas that most psychologist have...ESPECAILLY when the y fixate on the sexual stuff and blaming your parrents for not hugging you enough as a child!!!

PLEASE!!!!!

Life is about choices...I am proof of that...I had a bad childhood, but I didn't use it as an excuse to make foolish choices such as things that would get me arrested....I see so much of this in society and then the criminal gets a fancy lawer who blames the person's childhood for his actions!!!!

COP OUT!!!! PSYCO MUMBO JUMBO!!!!!

BTW, since you like to analyze such things...what do you make of the fact that therapist...is spelled: the rapist?

...interesting.

...Nobody in the future needs to go to the bathroom -- ever seen a bathroom on a sci-fi spacecraft?

Not off the top of my head, no...but, in a few episodes in Star Trek Enterprise "bathroom topics" are mentioned. Trip had to tell a 4th grade class what happens with the 'waste' after people go to the bathroom and Sim mentioned how he couldn't imagine living the rest of his life in a shuttle craft - "peeing in a bottle" for the rest of his life (which was only going to be for a couple days). Any Trekkie, knows what I'm talking about. ;)

Not true. Rupert Everett, a gay actor; played a gay character twice. In a movie called Another Country and also in My Best Friend's Wedding. Also, Sean Hayes from Will and Grace. Isn't he a gay actor who was playing a gay character? :hmmm:

I couldn't help myself, I had to share. :)

M.

<div class='quotemain'>

...Nobody in the future needs to go to the bathroom -- ever seen a bathroom on a sci-fi spacecraft?

Not off the top of my head, no...but, in a few episodes in Star Trek Enterprise "bathroom topics" are mentioned. Trip had to tell a 4th grade class what happens with the 'waste' after people go to the bathroom and Sim mentioned how he couldn't imagine living the rest of his life in a shuttle craft - "peeing in a bottle" for the rest of his life (which was only going to be for a couple days). Any Trekkie, knows what I'm talking about. ;)

Not true. Rupert Everett, a gay actor; played a gay character twice. In a movie called Another Country and also in My Best Friend's Wedding. Also, Sean Hayes from Will and Grace. Isn't he a gay actor who was playing a gay character? :hmmm:

I couldn't help myself, I had to share. :)

M.

Maureen,

He also played a gay man in "The Next Best Thing" with Madonna.

He's yummy.

Elphaba