The Cokeville Miracle

pam

I personally know the boy, who is now a man with his own son, that this movie is based upon. He is not LDS but he talked to us about his experience. Very interesting.

It wasn't based on just one person.  There were over 100 kids plus teachers.

It wasn't based on just one person.  There were over 100 kids plus teachers.

Right. I know the boy that claimed he saw Angels. Dunno how many kids claimed the same but he told his parents he saw Angels. He says some of the kids saw other "things". I'll ask him next I see him.

Right. I know the boy that claimed he saw Angels. Dunno how many kids claimed the same but he told his parents he saw Angels. He says some of the kids saw other "things". I'll ask him next I see him.

Many of the kids claimed to have seen angels.  Many of them were even able to point out pictures of ancestors that they said were the angels that came to help them.  While the son of the Sheriff might have been one of the main characters, the movie wasn't based totally on him.  It was based on the experiences of pretty much everyone that was in that classroom.  They hi-lighted the story of the Sheriff's son because the story was also about the Sheriff having lost his faith in God.

We are considering bringing our kids to see this, but have concerns that it may be too much for our youngest. My wife and I will probably go see it first before making a decision whether to bring them.

Out of curiosity, what do those of you who have seen it think? Would you take your 10-year old to see it? Why or why not?

We are considering bringing our kids to see this, but have concerns that it may be too much for our youngest. My wife and I will probably go see it first before making a decision whether to bring them.

Out of curiosity, what do those of you who have seen it think? Would you take your 10-year old to see it? Why or why not?

I believe I'd take my ten-year old to see it.  It isn't really suspenseful or frightening.  Anyway, I didn't think so

I believe I'd take my ten-year old to see it.  It isn't really suspenseful or frightening.  Anyway, I didn't think so

I appreciate the input. We have since noticed that it's rated PG-13 ("for thematic material including violence and peril").

Based on that, and based on what we know of him, we'll let him mature a bit more before he sees it.