Celebrating our questionable musical tastes

Vort

And as long as we're talking about Def Leppard (which, let's face it, liking pretty much any of their songs demonstrates questionable musical taste):

Can some kindly mod please change my thread title from "music" to "musical", as I had intended but somehow got wrong?

So are we supposed to post here the music we like that is of questionable taste, or are we supposed to post examples of "if you like this, you have questionable taste in music", or....?

I have no examples of the former, because I only like good music; but I'm pretty sure I can come up with a few examples of the latter - I mean, there are whole decades to choose from... :P

Guest MormonGator
21 minutes ago, Vort said:

And as long as we're talking about Def Leppard (which, let's face it, liking pretty much any of their songs demonstrates questionable musical taste):

You said that Vort. Sure, that's exactly what I was thinking, but I'm glad you said it. :D

Guest MormonGator

Rick Allen is not the thunder god. There is only one God of Thunder, and that is Gene Simmons. 

Thought I do have huge respect for Allen. He's a better drummer with one arm than many others would be with three. 

9 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Rick Allen is not the thunder god. There is only one God of Thunder, and that is Gene Simmons. 

Thought I do have huge respect for Allen. He's a better drummer with one arm than many others would be with three. 

I'd give my left arm to play in Def Leppard.

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Vort said:

I'd give my left arm to play in Def Leppard.

I'd give both to play in Megadeth. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense, but still. 

16 minutes ago, Vort said:

So you're a Def Leppard fan too, huh?

What has nine arms and sucks

Too funny!   I really like listening to cheesy 80s party hits like agadoo or the music man, i pretend its for the kids but i enjoyed listening to them at uni truth be told.. So bad i feel like i should hang my head in shame.   

Edited by An Investigator
Forgot to add.. How do I change my user name? Do I have to create a new account

Guest MormonGator

Talking about questionable taste though, I am going to make a grave confession that will surely cause me to lose friends, the respect of everyone, and maybe even get myself banned: 

Kiss Army since the early 90's. 

23 minutes ago, zil said:

So are we supposed to post here the music we like that is of questionable taste, or are we supposed to post examples of "if you like this, you have questionable taste in music", or....?

I have no examples of the former, because I only like good music; but I'm pretty sure I can come up with a few examples of the latter - I mean, there are whole decades to choose from... :P

The intent of the thread was more of a "guilty pleasures" type thing, but if you want to point and laugh mockingly at the bad musical(ish) taste of others, knock yourself out. I think we would need a few hundred threads to hold all such examples, though.

12 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Talking about questionable taste though, I am going to make a grave confession that will surely cause me to lose friends, the respect of everyone, and maybe even get myself banned: 

Kiss Army since the early 90's. 

I never liked Kiss, even (or especially) at their peak, but I did develop a rather worrisome taste for Alice Cooper.

18 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I agree! I went to fancy dress at work dressed as a pregnant Gene Simmons.. Half the office didn't know who I was and I felt old lol 

9 minutes ago, Vort said:

The intent of the thread was more of a "guilty pleasures" type thing, but if you want to point and laugh mockingly at the bad musical(ish) taste of others, knock yourself out. I think we would need a few hundred threads to hold all such examples, though.

I hope it was clear I was joking.  It seems to me everyone likes their own music and dislikes something about other people's tastes in music.  Now I'm pondering scrolling through my MP3 player to see what "guilty pleasures" might be in there.

Guest MormonGator
9 minutes ago, Vort said:

I never liked Kiss, even (or especially) at their peak, but I did develop a rather worrisome taste for Alice Cooper.

Oh I love Alice Cooper. All hail the Godfather of glam rock. Huge fan of his. Great guy too. Did you know he was raised as a Bickertonite?

9 minutes ago, An Investigator said:

I agree! I went to fancy dress at work dressed as a pregnant Gene Simmons.. Half the office didn't know who I was and I felt old lol 

THANK YOU! He's not even my favorite member of the band. I've always strongly preferred the Starchild. 

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, zil said:

It seems to me everyone likes their own music and dislikes something about other people's tastes in music.  

I'd like to think I have a fairly diverse taste in music (I'm sure lots of us say that) but I totally agree Zil. I love metal and punk but I also listen to Johnny Cash, 50's rockabilly and musicals. 

That said, I do point and laugh at people who like the Dave Matthews Band. 

12 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Oh I love Alice Cooper. All hail the Godfather of glam rock. Huge fan of his. Great guy too. Did you know he was raised as a Bickertonite?

THANK YOU! He's not even my favorite member of the band. I've always strongly preferred the Starchild. 

Have you seen the Kiss Film?  I've seen Alice Cooper live supporting Motley Crue 

10 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Did you know he was raised as a Bickertonite?

You have got to be kidding me. That's...amazing? Disturbing? I don't know, but it's something.

I was never a Kiss fan, but I do kind of like Gene Simmons. Highly intelligent and pretty funny.

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, An Investigator said:

Have you seen the Kiss Film?  I've seen Alice Cooper live supporting Motley Crue 

I've seen several Kiss movies. Even I thought Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park was absolutely horrible. 

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Vort said:

You have got to be kidding me. That's...amazing? Disturbing? I don't know, but it's something.

Nope. He's a Christian and fairly conservative.