Pushing Back Against the Transgender Bathroom Directive

14 minutes ago, MormonGator said:
32 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

In schools, we also have the issue of showers . . . are teachers (you and others) talking about that?

Great point. The unforeseen consequences for this are huge.  

How could the predictable consequences be "unforeseen"? And I do not believe they could be unintended, either.

Lehi

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

How could the predictable consequences be "unforeseen"? And I do not believe they could be unintended, either.

Lehi

Believe it or not, even liberals don't want women assaulted. Not everyone thinks through the issues. Sometimes they are blinded by their cause or myopic zeal. 

Edited by MormonGator

38 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

In schools, we also have the issue of showers . . . are teachers (you and others) talking about that?

Not in my building, but then again, we're elementary and I rarely get to chat with the jr. high folks.

5 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Believe it or not, even liberals don't want women assaulted. Not everyone thinks through the issues. Sometimes they are blinded by their cause or myopic zeal. 

The fable of "Belling the Cat" comes to mind. We want this cause, but what are we willing to risk for it? That's where we as society fail to think through.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Backroads said:

Not in my building, but then again, we're elementary and I rarely get to chat with the jr. high folks.

I'm sure it's not an issue much where you teach, is it?

9 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Two things apply:

1) We're not talking about John'n'Jane Doe, we're talking about the self-anointed elites in the O'bama administration.

2) While they may not want women assaulted, they're more than willing to accept women being assaulted as a price to achieve their goal: total enslavement of the populace to their will. Part of that is to undermine the sexual (and other) morality of USmericans. Moral people are not likely to accept lordship by other mortals, but immoral people, as you (I believe) must have a powerful government. That's the key.

Why, we wonder, are so few progressives standing up to Hillary Clinton's attacks on her husband's prey, Juanita Broaderick, Kathleen Wiley, and a host of others? They do point out Donald Trump's (for instance) assumed "war on women" (not remotely supported by creditable evidence). It has nothing to do with the attacks, and it isn't that women who make these charges must be believed, it's who their attacker is: if he's progressive, he gets a pass. If he opposes their agenda, he must be destroyed.

They're not above manufacturing "evidence" and charges. We could look at Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill. She lied under oath to the Senate about his pursuing her. Nothing in her charges was creditable except to those who hated Thomas because of his conservatism.

Oregon Senator Bob Packwood, long a champion of "women's issues", touched a woman in an elevator and lost his seat because he was a Republican. His offense was not the groping, it was his party. Nothing he did compares to William "BJ" Clinton's "peccadilloes", but the former's punishment was harsh (and deserved), while Clinton's not-even-a-slap-on-the-wrist mocks the offices he held, the women he destroyed (along with his wife's superb assistance), and the state and country he serviced.

So, yeah, John'n'Jane may not want women assaulted, but there are those who don't care.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

13 hours ago, LeSellers said:

I have taught our own children to read in weeks, not years. Our daughters and daughters-in-law have done it.

We couldn't even get our children to talk in 6 weeks, I can't imagine teaching them to read. ;) 

We use a more gradual approach that takes about 5 to 6 years.  Although it takes a while, they very much enjoy the process and they become very good readers in the end.

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, LeSellers said:

USmericans. 

Shows a lot that you still use that even though several of us have told you that it bothers us. You don't have to do what we say of course, but a little tact and politeness can go a long way. Disappointing. 

18 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Shows a lot that you still use that even though several of us have told you that it bothers us. You don't have to do what we say of course, but a little tact and politeness can go a long way. Disappointing. 

Indeed... when anyone... shows such a clear and blatant disregard for the opinions of others.... they should not be surprised when their own opinions and ideas are ignored and treated with disregard...

Edited by estradling75

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Indeed... when anyone... shows such a clear and blatant disregard for the opinions of others.... they should not be surprised when their own opinions and ideas are ignored and treated with disregard...

Es75-

I do apologize if I offended anyone-I really do. In fairness to myself though if anyone brought it up-and only one guy has, we talked it out and there is no misunderstanding now-I apologize immediately and stop doing it. Even if my jokes go too far I make it clear that is no intent to be obnoxious or hurtful. So if I offended you with my post to LeSellers I do apologize. 

21 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

The generic use of "American" leads to all sorts of problems, like Canadians thinking they're actual people just because they happen to share a continent with some..

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

Es75-

I do apologize if I offended anyone-I really do. In fairness to myself though if anyone brought it up-and only one guy has, we talked it out and there is no misunderstanding now-I apologize immediately and stop doing it. Even if my jokes go too far I make it clear that is no intent to be obnoxious or hurtful. So if I offended you with my post to LeSellers I do apologize. 

My post was an agreement with your post.... not a challenge

Guest MormonGator

2 minutes ago, NightSG said:

The generic use of "American" leads to all sorts of problems, like Canadians thinking they're actual people just because they happen to share a continent with some..

Canadians are people? 

(Kidding everyone, I love Canada) 

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Canadians are people? 

(Kidding everyone, I love Canada) 

Where do you think us Americans get our maple syrup and bacon? ;)

4 minutes ago, NightSG said:

That indeed would...  However using the letters USA clearly defines the subject...  without the issue of alienation....  it even uses less letters so it is more efficient

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Eowyn said:

And our hockey! 

I really do love Canada, for the record. It's just too cold for me to live there. Down in Florida we have a TON of natural born Canadians and the stereotype about them being sweet, helpful, nice and pleasant is just like the LDS stereotype of LDS being sweet, nice, pleasant and helpful. 100% correct and accurate.  

29 minutes ago, NightSG said:

I agree.  I remember when I first got to South America on my mission.  People ask where are you from, I'd say "America" and wow did they get offended, and Latins are about the least politically correct people on the planet.  I just learned to say "norteamericana" or "los estatos unidos".  

Since this is a world-wide forum, I don't find Leseller's use offending at all . . . I think it's a bigger comment on how easy it is to offend people.  We all need to grow thicker skins.

25 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

From moose and squirrel?

24 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

That indeed would...  However using the letters USA clearly defines the subject...  without the issue of alienation....  it even uses less letters so it is more efficient

Ahem... "fewer letters"....  Oh, wait, this wasn't the pedant thread, was it?  Nevermind.

Guest MormonGator

``````

2 minutes ago, yjacket said:

I agree.  I remember when I first got to South America on my mission.  People ask where are you from, I'd say "America" and wow did they get offended, and Latins are about the least politically correct people on the planet.  I just learned to say "norteamericana" or "los estatos unidos".  

Since this is a world-wide forum, I don't find Leseller's use offending at all . . . I think it's a bigger comment on how easy it is to offend people.  We all need to grow thicker skins.

I think what several of us are "offended" by is that he keeps using a term that we find silly/offensive/rude and he still chooses to use it. That doesn't show that we are "thin skinned"  it shows that he doesn't care about our thoughts or views. So like someone else said, why should we care about his?