Trump: America First Energy Plan

anatess2

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

I do not think Johnson can win. Like it or not the libertarian party is still very small politically. He earned 1.2 million votes compared to 60 million for Romney and 65 million for Obama. 

Yes, it is a protest vote. 

Does it support Hillary? It'll take votes away from both Trump and Hillary. 

It's a totally fair question my friend.   

Thanks!    I was just looking at Fox news just now, and the Libertarian candidate in Orlando was actually stripping in front of the press.  They had to digitize the footage.  James Weeks, I guess is his name.  What timing!

Ha!  Anyway I appreciate your answer!

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Takawi said:

Thanks!    I was just looking at Fox news just now, and the Libertarian candidate in Orlando was actually stripping in front of the press.  They had to digitize the footage.  James Weeks, I guess is his name.  What timing!

Ha!  Anyway I appreciate your answer!

Anytime my friend. Welcome to the forums 

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Takawi said:

Thank you.  I'm learning a lot, way more than when I was simply lurking.

That's the best way to learn. Interact, ask questions, debate, etc. 

12 hours ago, yjacket said:

If I didn't, then why am I still being attacked weeks later?? Out of spite?

Who's attacking you?  You made a claim that you "destroyed" on opponent.  I was just saying we remember things differently.

On this thread you were the one who made the first post that got personal:

On 5/29/2016 at 9:33 PM, yjacket said:

I'll get accused of being a Trump supporter, but ...

But please, tell me I'm a Trump supporter even though I'll be voting for Gary Johnson . . . .  

Prior to that no one said anything about you or your support for trump.  They only said things about Trump.  But when you started the argumentative phase by making the challenge "Please tell me I'm a Trump supporter" and then cry foul when someone did so, is to deny cause and effect.

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Who's attacking you?  You made a claim that you "destroyed" on opponent.  I was just saying we remember things differently.

On this thread you were the one who made the first post that got personal:

Prior to that no one said anything about you or your support for trump.  They only said things about Trump.  But when you started the argumentative phase by making the challenge "Please tell me I'm a Trump supporter" and then cry foul when someone did so, is to deny cause and effect.

Thank you Carb for proving my point exactly. I wasn't directing my comments at you but at JAG, but you can certainly add to the mix. That's fine that we remember things differently, I've got no problem with that.  I've been told multiple times on other threads I'm a Trump supporter.  Anytime someone defends Trump just a bit, JAG comes out of the woodworks and proclaims that someone is a Trump supporter (or is really a Trump supporter, but doesn't want to say so). This has happened multiple times, so pardon me if I'm just a little bit sick of it. JAG has a habit of making assumptions about me as to what I'm posting as to my true intentions and quite frankly I'm tired of it.

First off, I did not go on the offensive first. Let's actually look at the timeline.

Attack #1.

" In that context, it's fascinating to me that even though you claim to support Johnson, and even though we are in a forum where you have a particularly good chance of winning proselytes to Johnson's cause:  If my search of the forum is accurate, you've mentioned Trump 29 times and Gary Johnson only once--for first time ever--in this thread.  If you defended Johnson with the zeal that you've defended Trump, half of us would probably be on board with you by now. "

Then I responded with the destroyed comment. And MG actually came to my defense a little bit before I responded again (thank you MG). The bold portion actually contradicts to some extent later comments that JAG made about how we all know he can't win.  And then attacks that well the Libertarian nominee isn't really Libertarian (if JAG was actually deeply involved in libertarianism this might make some sense but he's not). You'll notice there is a pattern here of JAG making assumptions about people that they aren't really xyz. 

Attack #2.

"  Yjacket was caught, on these forums, making a number of misrepresentations about the "evidence" of Cruz having an illicit relationship with Amanda Carpenter and falsely suggesting Carpenter was the source of the story about Carson dropping out of the primary even after being shown proof to the contrary.  "

Instead of just linking, JAG has to insert his absolutely false commentary. Then I responded.

Attack #3,

" We are apparently in a new form of bizarro-land where you can support Trump in the Republican primary but avoid being categorized as a "Trump supporter" by virtue of your professions of support in the general election for a third-party candidate whose stands you fail to advocate, whose commitment to libertarianism is questionable, and who we all know won't win. "

And I responded again.

I will respond when attacked. Don't insinuate I'm a liar, really a Trump support (in disguise, b/c I love to lie you know). and don't twist the facts into something they are not and then basically call the person who reported the facts not honest and we will be cool.

I will note, that I actually liked it when during political season, current candidates where not to be discussed. In the entire political season, the parent website has published (to my knowledge and I certainly could be wrong though) only one article on political candidates and it was a hit piece on Trump (I wonder if a hit piece on Hillary will be forthcoming?), shoddy reporting and all. That opened Pandora's box. 

I enjoy discussing politics, but when actual candidates get involved in it people lose their heads.

Edited by yjacket

3 hours ago, Eowyn said:

Yoga can also be quite relaxing, and a good run can be very cleansing. 

I've suggested that Mrs. Carb try a chiropractor.  She's having back trouble.  I'm trying to get the whole family into the meditation thing.  They just don't get it.  The kids fight all the time.  Stress her out.  I may suggest yoga.

2 hours ago, zil said:

...especially if it's raining while and where you are running... :P

Zil, you just ruined it for me.  We're looking at another three or four days of solid rain.  We just got the garage dry again and now...

4 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Zil, you just ruined it for me.  We're looking at another three or four days of solid rain.  We just got the garage dry again and now...

I'm so sorry, Carb, that you have to deal with this.  It's a terrible thing to have to deal with flooding inside your house! :(

21 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Folks, let's give a little extra effort to be civil here.  It's not about nailing the other guy to the wall with their own words, it's about sharing ideas and discussing the merits.  

(I've specifically stayed out of this thread, because I doubt my ability to do what I just asked y'all to do.  I get it.)

19 hours ago, Eowyn said:

I hear chamomile tea is quite nice and has some effect in calming the nerves.

5 hours ago, Eowyn said:

Yoga can also be quite relaxing, and a good run can be very cleansing. 

I thought I'd provide a post you can comment on. Thanks @Vort!!

1 hour ago, mordorbund said:

I thought I'd provide a post you can comment on. Thanks @Vort!!

Do you know how freaking long it took me to expunge that song from the daily culture in this house? And you had to start it again. Pass the chamomile. 

4 hours ago, Eowyn said:

Do you know how freaking long it took me to expunge that song from the daily culture in this house? And you had to start it again. Pass the chamomile. 

Wow.  Good thing my computer doesn't have speakers.