Question...please Reply...

JediMatt1000

Hello and Greetings Everyone,

My name is Matt, and I have a special request that I was wondering if you could help me with. I just got my Book of Mormon, and it is a very interesting read.

My request is that I have a special ring, and I was wondering if someone could bless it for me? It would mean a lot to me if someone could bless it. I would really like to hear from you, my e-mail address is [email protected]

I really hope to hear from you soon. Please take care and be well! God Bless!

Sincerely and Respectfully,

-Matt

My name is Matt, and I have a special request that I was wondering if you could help me with. I just got my Book of Mormon, and it is a very interesting read.

My request is that I have a special ring, and I was wondering if someone could bless it for me? It would mean a lot to me if someone could bless it. I would really like to hear from you, my e-mail address is [email protected]

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Bless your ring? No problem....is it gold? Solid gold? Does it have diamonds in it? Large diamonds? If so then send it to me right away....I'll bless the crud out of it!

Just kidding...those who hold the Priesthood of God do not bless objects such as rings etc. unless it is for a very rare and specific purpose from the Lord Himself. (ie: an apostle blessing a scarf to heal the sick in a far off place) We can ask for a blessing from Father for our homes, for a gravesite, for the Sacrament, for the food we eat etc. or as Priesthood holders we can bless others through the laying on of hands. That's pretty much it....so, unless your "special ring" holds a purpose from God to be blessed....it won't be! Sorry.

Hello Matt!

I'm so glad that you're finding the Book of Mormon to be an interesting read. I hope the Spirit touches you so that you can recognize the truths it contains.

So far as your ring goes...that's not something that we normally do as a Church. Is there a reason why it needs to be blessed?

I'll echo Sioux's sentiments here, and ask the same question: why do you want a ring blessed? What is the purpose in it?

Just kidding...those who hold the Priesthood of God do not bless objects such as rings etc. unless it is for a very rare and specific purpose from the Lord Himself. (ie: an apostle blessing a scarf to heal the sick in a far off place) We can ask for a blessing from Father for our homes, for a gravesite, for the Sacrament, for the food we eat etc. or as Priesthood holders we can bless others through the laying on of hands. That's pretty much it....so, unless your "special ring" holds a purpose from God to be blessed....it won't be! Sorry.

I've heard of LDS blessing cars.

<div class='quotemain'>

I've heard of LDS blessing cars.

Really? I've never heard that! I do know of LDS who ask Father for a safe trip in a car or ask that the car not break down and even ask for Fathers blessing on the group taking the trip...stuff like that....but actually blessing a car I've never heard of.

<div class='quotemain'>

Hello Matt!

I'm so glad that you're finding the Book of Mormon to be an interesting read. I hope the Spirit touches you so that you can recognize the truths it contains.

So far as your ring goes...that's not something that we normally do as a Church. Is there a reason why it needs to be blessed?

I'll echo Sioux's sentiments here, and ask the same question: why do you want a ring blessed? What is the purpose in it?

Maybe it's a gift from Frodo? :dontknow::dontknow:

What kind of car was it? Was it a restored el grande show room classic with a worth of many thousands of dollars? OR was it the family transportation and in need of a lot of mechanic work and driving it was unreliable? Maybe it was a brand new car with a large monthly installment payment. Was the car's name "ole Betsy?"

I would ask for a blessing to find an honest mechanic or to find an affordable new vehicle to buy.

If the ring received a blessing and you did not, chances are your ring might survive a car crash but how about you?

-Matt

First thing I thought was a plan to getting a foot in the door by appealing to "what a great book the BOM is" and making a quick request after that. Then he dropped his/her/whatever e-mail when this is the first post. He might be legit but I'm still dubious.

Let me be the first to congratulate Dr. T on getting his new edition of 'troll-dar'. Just a note, Doc, it takes a little tweaking to get the settings right. While the OP is definitely a blip on the radar screen, and may in fact be a troll, he may also be serious in his request. All in all, though, he is still on the screens of those who are paying attention, and your quick pickup and call out of the possibility are commendable. Good job on your first call, Dr. T!!!! :D:D:D:D

To the OP: if, by chance, you ARE serious in your request, please tell us why you think we would be the ones to ask to bless your ring? Did you think we would all pray for it over the internet? Did the guys (or gals) who gave you the BoM tell you that we LDS commonly just go around blessing inanimate objects for strangers? What was your basis for asking this?

-Matt

I'm suprised someone hasn't done this already, but do a google search on his e-mail addy. It turns up some rather interesting results.

Wife swapping, and Shadow Jedi Training......oh my...

:wow:

Then again maybe he's Dubya..??

Posted Image

man...i can't believe how naive i am! i'll be a little more skeptical next time! grrrrr...what a creep!

Here is another of his request with very little change on the web:

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Matt, and I was wondering if anybody on here could or might be able to help me? I have read Dianetics, and I find it to be a very fascinating read.

Anyhow, my request is that I have a special ring, and I was wondering if anybody on here could or would or might be able to bless it for me? I would really like to hear from you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thank you so much for your time, help, and respect, and I hope to hear from you soon. Please take care and be well!

-Matt

Red Pill

“Scn is a big, fat global scam”

Comments: 1620

Tulsa, OK Reply »

|Flag |#2 12 hrs ago

A special ring that you want someone to bless for you? Hmmmmm....

supersonic boom

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Comments: 1009

Can't say

ISP Location: Shipston On Stour, UK Reply »

|Flag |#3 10 hrs ago

Try a real church with a real priest.

Dianetics is all about how to control people through the mind, burn it.

Red Pill

“Scn is a big, fat global scam”

Comments: 1620

Tulsa, OK Reply »

|Flag |#4 1 hr ago

supersonic boom wrote:

Try a real church with a real priest.

Dianetics is all about how to control people through the mind, burn it.

Now SSB, we should encourage recycling instead. Seriously though Matt, if you're a real person, if you find Dianetics useful thats fine but stay away from the CofS.