Weird stories that boggle the mind...

Maureen

A few days ago I read a news story about a two vehicle collision just south of the city I live in, which involved 5 naked people in one of the cars. It's more or less winter here. On the day of this collision it was -8C outside. The story involves kidnapping, resisting arrest, possibly hallucinogenic tea and of course nakedness. It's crazy. I keep looking up the story to find out if there are updates. It's mystery and craziness practically in my backyard. I shake my head and laugh every time I think about these people who thought to head out on a winter morning with no clothes on. ?

https://globalnews.ca/news/3855460/alberta-family-abducted-by-naked-kidnappers-frightened-and-baffled/

M.

Edited by Maureen

The headline: "Alberta family abducted by naked kidnappers frightened and baffled"

And here @Sunday21 is worried about the guns in the US. Maybe she should be more worried about the naked kidnappers in Canada... :P

When one of the female accused showed up at the family’s home in Leduc County south of Edmonton on Monday morning, clothed and acting frantic, they thought there must be an emergency.

But the family said with her were four other people who were naked and the family was forced outside and into a BMW. The man was allegedly put in the trunk and his daughter and her baby in the car with the others.

How do naked people force you to do do anything?  (Assuming you're clothed, or at least shod, and have reasonable aim...)  Maybe whatever they were on gave them abnormal strength too... :huh:

The father of the girls, ages 13 and 15, has said his daughters and their mother were having breakfast Monday morning with another couple when they decided to have some tea recently brought back from a trip overseas.

One more reason to keep the Word of Wisdom - so you don't have to explain to the bishop why you got naked, kidnapped the neighbors, rammed some stranger's truck, and then resisted arrest...  :lol:

12 hours ago, Maureen said:

A few days ago I read a news story about a two vehicle collision just south of the city I live in, which involved 5 naked people in one of the cars. It's more or less winter here. On the day of this collision it was -8C outside. The story involves kidnapping, resisting arrest, possibly hallucinogenic tea and of course nakedness. It's crazy. I keep looking up the story to find out if there are updates. It's mystery and craziness practically in my backyard. I shake my head and laugh every time I think about these people who thought to head out on a winter morning with no clothes on. ?

https://globalnews.ca/news/3855460/alberta-family-abducted-by-naked-kidnappers-frightened-and-baffled/

M.

In Alberta, in November? What a congregation!

No concealed carry!

Edited by Sunday21

4 hours ago, zil said:

How do naked people force you to do do anything?  (Assuming you're clothed, or at least shod, and have reasonable aim...)  Maybe whatever they were on gave them abnormal strength too...

I wondered this, too. My hypothesis is that, owing to the Canadians stereotypical hyper-politeness, when a naked kidnapper shows up on your doorstep and politely asks you to come with them , you naturally politely comply. The big hole in this hypothesis is that it doesn't seem to have applied to my missionary service in Canada. Why would someone politely comply with a kidnapping, but not a baptismal invitation? Needs more thought...

Edited by MrShorty

8 hours ago, zil said:

How do naked people force you to do do anything?  (Assuming you're clothed, or at least shod, and have reasonable aim...)  Maybe whatever they were on gave them abnormal strength too... :huh:

Naked in cold weather absolutely screams PCP or something very closely related; they literally feel nothing except intense hot flashes and anger.  Thus they tend to be naked, violent and very difficult to stop short of actually immobilizing them.  (It mimics extreme strength as well, because what normally tells us we're trying too hard to do something is pain, which they're not feeling at all.)

4 hours ago, MrShorty said:

I wondered this, too. My hypothesis is that, owing to the Canadians stereotypical hyper-politeness, when a naked kidnapper shows up on your doorstep and politely asks you to come with them , you naturally politely comply. The big hole in this hypothesis is that it doesn't seem to have applied to my missionary service in Canada. Why would someone politely comply with a kidnapping, but not a baptismal invitation? Needs more thought...

I politely responded to a baptismal invitation!

2 hours ago, NightSG said:

Naked in cold weather absolutely screams PCP or something very closely related; they literally feel nothing except intense hot flashes and anger.  Thus they tend to be naked, violent and very difficult to stop short of actually immobilizing them.  (It mimics extreme strength as well, because what normally tells us we're trying too hard to do something is pain, which they're not feeling at all.)

That's a very credible explanation of what may have happened.

M.

18 hours ago, MrShorty said:

The big hole in this hypothesis is that it doesn't seem to have applied to my missionary service in Canada. Why would someone politely comply with a kidnapping, but not a baptismal invitation? Needs more thought...

You weren't naked.

2 hours ago, MrShorty said:

Darn mission rules would not allow such a thing (t-shirt and jeans was not even allowed)! How much difference would it have made? Perhaps someone at the mission department ought to study this as a possible gimmick for improving missionary success?

I imagine that the success of the proposed rule change would depend on.. the missionary...and the intended pool of converts...and the weather!

On 11/11/2017 at 6:45 PM, MrShorty said:

• 1 year later...

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm putting this story here.

Yesterday I was watching the Wimbledon Men's Doubles game. It was between France and Columbia. I was cheering for Columbia because one of the French players had already won 4 Grand Slams so it was the other mens' turn. Early in the game the French player Mahut got hit with the ball just above his eye. Play was stopped for about 10 minutes so he could be looked after. He was fine and play went on. In the 5th set the same player gets hit again, this time in the collarbone and then the very next play he gets hit again, but this time in the groin. I know it's not nice but I couldn't help myself I started to laugh and the first thing that came to my mind was Scott Sterling from Studio C. It was just so crazy that this same player got hit with the ball 3 times during the match.

M.