Making the world a better place

Sunday21

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

https://mylittlepony.hasbro.com/en-us/parents

Great idea. Parent-teacher night with an interview with your kids best friend.

9 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

@NeuroTypical and @zil will like that link.

So, beyond seeing the toys and probably TV commercials (but not hearing the latter, since I like the Mute button), I know nothing about this whole MLP thing.  So, now I'm kind of obligated to follow the link, since NT is kind enough to give a home to one of my pens.  Naturally, I go to the first place anyone should go - "Meet the Characters" and I'm laughing. :) (Not mockingly, but amusedly.)  Spoiler Alert!  Equestria, Canterlot (ha!), Ponyville, anypony, everypony, The Carousel Boutique, Granny Smith (of the Apple family) :rolleyes: - and it appears NT didn't pick my pony (assuming it's not lost in a box) without giving it some thought.

But where are the boy ponies?  I see, girl toy, but seriously, do most girls really prefer their toy people / animals to all be female?  That just seems weird to me.  Apparently I preferred boy toys... :itwasntme:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2018-01-14 at 6:54 AM, Sunday21 said:

I just realized that I use the ‘Tell them who they are’ approach with over-entitled and under motivated university students and it really works! 

To loafing student: You are professional!

To student missing classes: You care about your future! You are a planner!

Balling them out is pointless. You just become one more external negative force. Trying to light a fire and put the fire within them - that works!

Edited by Sunday21

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Thanks for sharing this @Sunday21. The world is actually becoming a much better place for a lot of reasons, but people refuse to see it. I think it's because it contradicts with their own pessimism and generally negative outlook of life. 

40 minutes ago, MormonGator said:
3 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Thanks for sharing this @Sunday21. The world is actually becoming a much better place for a lot of reasons, but people refuse to see it. I think it's because it contradicts with their own pessimism and generally negative outlook of life. 

Not entirely. Part of it might be that many of those news items are not at all what they are represented as being. When people are lied to constantly, they tend to get cynical. That's hardly surprising. Being cynical is bad, but being a gullible fool who is always easily (mis)led is worse.

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Vort said:

Not entirely. Part of it might be that many of those news items are not at all what they are represented as being. When people are lied to constantly, they tend to get cynical. That's hardly surprising. Being cynical is bad, but being a gullible fool who is always easily (mis)led is worse.

"The only thing worse than believing everything you read is believing none of it."-I forgot who said this, but it's a famous saying. 

In my experience, we're only cynical about the news stories that challenge our already held views. If it challenges what I believe-fake news! If it supports what I believe-Yay! Real news! 

Sad. That's not the way the world works. 

Edited by MormonGator

• 3 months later...