Hello

Sam

I've never posted here, but I'll read some of the content time to time. I thought I would just give a big thank you to the regular contributors. Yesterday I was in ward council and a primary leader told me she was getting questions about our last lesson which taught about the "Mark of Cain". I'm sure we all know the controversy of what this mark does or doesn't represent. The easy answer for primary was to suggest teachers simply don't explain what the mark is, because well, we don't really know and the children don't need this clarified. 

Anyway, this got me thinking about it deeper and I found some great material on these forums. I found some very thought provoking ideas that I hadn't considered before. I am no scriptorian, but I think I have a sound understanding of the scriptures. As I seek additional knowledge I've realized this forum, while obviously full of opinions and nothing doctorinal, is still a great resource for those seeking new point of views on old topics.

So, Thank you!

Guest MormonGator
Just now, prisonchaplain said:

You're being set up, @Sam. Bro. @Vort's rants are in a category of the own, and generally do not veer left. :cool:

My good friend @prisonchaplain is partially correct. I was setting up our boy @Vort, though. It's all in good fun. Everyone knows I think @Vort is awesome, regardless of his far right wing political views.  

Well, I exercised a little self control and refrained from pointing out that the mark of Cain was not made with a fountain pen (ballpoint was more likely) - I figured we'd let you adjust a little before going there.

Further, I refrained from an inside joke about whether you knew where your towel was.

And I mightily resisted asking whether you have a son... :itwasntme:

29 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Hope you do my friend. We need some fresh blood around here. @Vorts left wing rants are getting old. 

Groucho is my second-favorite Marx brother, just behind Karl.

(I was going to make some joke about Joseph Smith, Josef Stalin, and Josef Mengele, but I couldn't think of anything funny or even non-offensive. So you got obvious Marx humor instead.)

18 minutes ago, Sam said:

Seems I may have walked into a already solicaly developed society. I hope it's more "City of Enoch" and not "City of Gomorrah" that I'm walking in to. 

Eh...a little of this and a little of that. Keep your wits about you, listen to the Spirit, and you'll be fine. :help: