How do I gain a testimony of:

Fether

13 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

rabbit hole ... (whatever that's really meant to mean)

used to refer to a bizarre, confusing, or nonsensical situation or environment, typically one from which it is difficult to extricate oneself.

46 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

What does "trying to provoke" mean?

I am deliberately trying to point out that your approach here is going down a rabbit hole. You are adding words to my questions which leads nowhere.

I suppose that's meant to "provoke" you to think further about it.

Right. And implying that I'm not a saint but a hurtful jerk who's failing to stand up for the right isn't hurtful or unbecoming a saint in any way.

We could go in circles all day if you like I suppose.

You get to imply nasty things about me but can't handle anything you take as a nasty implication about you? Except, of course, my "Mr. Rabbit Hole" comment was meant to be humorous based on a previous exchange, and meant to imply your thoughts weren't necessarily leading to logical useful conclusion, which isn't so nasty after all, but legitimate discourse sans chip-on-the-shoulder-snowflakery, whereas you are outright telling me what a horrible person I am?

I'll grant the snarky pointing to all the question marks was a bit...snarky. But really --- I asked a question and you responded by asking if I was calling you a liar. I was, granted, poking some fun. It was meant to be fun. That you are taking it so badly --- not my expectation. Perhaps that was naive of me.

This is the answer to the only thing I was asking.

I don't know that I agree, but maybe. It's hard to say. The Savior learned and understood all our sins, trials, pains, etc., without directly experiencing them. I mean He didn't literally have to sin to understand the pain of our sinning.

Hard to say.

I don't. What I think the rabbit hole was, in this case (whatever that's really meant to mean), was injecting the idea of "never" into my questions, which twisted the meaning of what I was asking. It was the taking of offense at my questions as if I were calling you a liar. That's the rabbit hole.

Today is not that day.  That you have an example of something that does not require experience does not mean that all things apply.  That is a rabbit hole with your effort to apply that to all possible things.  My honest thought is that you are not being honest (following a spirit of truth) and applying false logic.  You may not believe in keeping the Sabbath Holy or paying tithing in order to learn certain spiritual truths but I do and so did Christ; that said - "If you continue in my word then are you my disciple indeed. And you shall KNOW the truth and the truth shall make you free."   Do you really believe Jesus is taking you down a rabbit hole?

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

On 4/12/2018 at 10:16 AM, Traveler said:

Today is not that day.  That you have an example of something that does not require experience does not mean that all things apply.  That is a rabbit hole with your effort to apply that to all possible things.  My honest thought is that you are not being honest (following a spirit of truth) and applying false logic.  You may not believe in keeping the Sabbath Holy or paying tithing in order to learn certain spiritual truths but I do and so did Christ; that said - "If you continue in my word then are you my disciple indeed. And you shall KNOW the truth and the truth shall make you free."   Do you really believe Jesus is taking you down a rabbit hole?

Second time I've been called a liar in as many days.

Image result for whatever