Air strikes launched in Syria

Guest MormonGator

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Conservatism in the US is "support of the established order" - the thing in quotes is called the Constitution.  But because the US Constitution is a document that limits government then being a Conservative in the US is actually closer to being a classic Liberal than a classic Conservative.  Yes, @Grunt disagrees with me on this - I still have a lot to teach him :D.

Hey now!  I'm pretty libertarian.  Free State Project and all that.

43 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Yes.  Being libertarian is actually a classic liberal principle.  It is only allied with conservative in the good old US of A.  Well, and the Philippines supposed to be except our Constitution keeps on changing.

Edited by anatess2

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Yes.  Being libertarian is actually a classic liberal principle.  It is only allied with conservative in the good old US of A.  Well, and the Philippines supposed to be except our Constitution keeps on changing.

I know very few liberals who lean libertarian.  They only agree with us on weed and marriage.

Guest MormonGator
49 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I used to be involved in that up north. I even had the pleasure to met Carla Gericke once at a protest once. 

22 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I know very few liberals who lean libertarian.  They only agree with us on weed and marriage.

Yeah.  American liberals are not liberals.  You don't liberate yourself from the government by using more government.  It's like modern feminists are not feminists and antifa is not anti fascist... 

12 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I once took the quiz on the 'isidewith' website.  It came out saying that I am a Far Right Radical Conservative Libertarian.  I take pride in that title, but they sure seemed to like mixing together a whole lot of classifications.

I don't know many liberals who agree on marriage.  Most liberals I know take the leftist position of marriage for everyone, where most libertarians I know take the position that government should have no role in a marriage, which is also my position.  The result on a personal level is the same; those who want to be married can be married.  The primary difference is that the libertarian perspective allows for someone who disagrees that the marriage is valid to not personally recognize it.  Hence, a business would be free to not consider homosexual marriage valid for insurance enrollment purposes if they wanted to.  The liberal/leftist position requires all people to accept homosexual marriage as valid by law.  I prefer the idea of the government just staying out of marriage all together, including for tax purposes, and to my knowledge, that is a libertarian position.

On a side note.  Just looked up the Free State Project.  Seems like a good idea to me.

30 minutes ago, Vort said:

He can't even balloon out his cheeks, because the air leaks from the safety pin holes.

Oh, yeah?  Watch me!

portrait-of-a-funny-and-crazy-man-picture-id830356388?k=6&m=830356388&s=612x612&w=0&h=w1yH-vckr9w9LNWRnjvLss1xrMJgj_qw4ytPyLSOcq4= 
(
Actor portrayal of actual ability.  Your experience may vary.)

Edited by person0

On 4/15/2018 at 8:23 PM, askandanswer said:

Carb, i thought you'd retired from the military a while ago. Were these your missiles or did you just borrow them from your neighbour?

image.png.18c6edf6740ecacba7b871236fc1ac35.png

I didn't "retire" from the military.  I'm not sure if you can call my military service actual "service."  I actually served the military more as a civilian than I ever did when I was sworn in.

But to answer your question, I just cooked some stuff up from The Anarchist's Cookbook.

On 4/16/2018 at 1:43 PM, zil said:

Yes, this is how I always perceived you, person0 - very radical.  Your radical nature just oozes from you.

Do you remember when "radical" meant something really good?

1 minute ago, zil said:

Puh-lease!  Yer gittin all grammatical there, dood, that's totally not rad.

Well, I WAS raised in So. Cal.  Ya know... radical, tubular, gnarly, bodacious, tasty...  Yup.  Good times.  Good times... or should I say Fast Times???

28 minutes ago, zil said:

Upstate NY: wicked, killer, bad, awesome.  Word?

Interesting.  Those are words that are much later than my generation.  I thought we were about the same age.  But these words betray a younger vocabulary. 

Hmmm. It may be my family influence.  I'm the youngest in my family.  So, I grew up with my older siblings' vocabulary.  But truthfully, those words I gave were from "my" generation. 

I didn't think NY and CA were THAT far apart in the cultural divide.  Go figure.