For the musos and techies

askandanswer

Its a term that I heard most frequently when my son and his friends were in Years 11 and 12 a year or two back when they were talking about other friends who were studying music.  However, I also hear it from others at church from time to time when they are talking about musically inclined people.

So this is CGI? So its not real? hmm, that;s disappointing and deflating.

This one looks like the real thing. 

Atom-powered Intel Industrial Controllers replicate the CGI video musical fantasy "Pipe Dream" released by Animusic in 2001. The music is triggered on an Atom-powered music synthesizer when a ball hits one of the frosted plastic "instruments." I

8 hours ago, askandanswer said:

This one looks like the real thing. 

Atom-powered Intel Industrial Controllers replicate the CGI video musical fantasy "Pipe Dream" released by Animusic in 2001. The music is triggered on an Atom-powered music synthesizer when a ball hits one of the frosted plastic "instruments." I

Sorry to disappoint you.  But that is also fake.  Not CGI.  But the music is not perfectly sync'd with the machinery and the balls.  If you slow it down and look closely, you'll find some sounds that don't quite coordinate.

The music is independent.  The machinery was preprogrammed to move and light up so it looked like it works.  It doesn't.  But it is still quite a show.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Sorry to disappoint you.  But that is also fake.  Not CGI.  But the music is not perfectly sync'd with the machinery and the balls.  If you slow it down and look closely, you'll find some sounds that don't quite coordinate.

The music is independent.  The machinery was preprogrammed to move and light up so it looked like it works.  It doesn't.  But it is still quite a show.

Disappointed sigh. The world is full of trickery :( 

11 hours ago, askandanswer said:

Its a term that I heard most frequently when my son and his friends were in Years 11 and 12 a year or two back when they were talking about other friends who were studying music.  However, I also hear it from others at church from time to time when they are talking about musically inclined people.

Can confirm.  Musos are people with a musical obsession.  But it's used like "geek" (by nerds) - meant to have a negative connotation... you know like, geeks are wanna-be-nerds but don't have the IQ for it.  Musos are wanna be musical geniuses and would talk endlessly about some indie music to sound cool while critiquing your "normie" collection on your mp3... but then people like my son who are real musicians can tell they're just blowing smoke out of their bums.