Help. Are My Girlfriends Parents Crazy?

barnemic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

her parents are behind us now. they admitted they were wrong. thanks anyways haha

Do you really think we're that stupid?

This is yet another another manifestation of your emotonal immturity, and also demonstrates your need to win in the battle.

You've just lied to us. We all know it.

Additionally, your comment "thanks anyways haha," indicates you still think sarcasm makes you look like a look like a man, when in fact it makes you look like a stupid 13-year-old kid.

It is no wonder her parents do not want you to marry their daughter. It becomes clearer with each post you write.

I'm making this suggestion with you're success in mind--you might want to ask your bishop for a referral to LDS Socical Services to see a therapist. I believe you are a good person who truly wants to be a good man. You've indicated such in all of your posts.

However, you don't know how to do this, and people who don't know how can't learn it on their own. They need help from someone who knows how to help them learn it. A therapist would be able to help you with this, but only if you're able to comprehend that you're arrogance and sarcasm are signs of immaturity, and if you want to learn how to be an emotionally mature, respectful, and successful man in your life.

If you do this, then you will be ready to be a husband, because I assure you, right you now are not ready. Your lie just makes it all much clearer. And I suspect there is a very painful reason why you can't be honest with us, and therefore feel the need to lie to us. You need to work on these issues that really have nothing to do with your girlfirend's parents, or anyone else whom you feel holds ou back.

Please think about getting help in figuring out how to put your selfish behavior behind you, and learning how to be a man. I suspect, like I said above, there is a reason you behave with such immaturity, and that the reasons are painful ones.

I wish you all the luck in the world in this endeavor.

Elphaba

OK. Everybody take a deep breath and relax.

First: mikeb - this is not a texting board so please try and use proper words. Also, If this is the way you react to some minor dissagreement, imagine how you'll react when you are married and serious problems arise, like finances, pregnancy, etc.

Second: Elphaba - I know you wrote down what everyone was thinking, and you tried to phrase it in a nice way, but let's give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Calling him a liar might not have been the best idea.

Now back to the "discussion". Although I'm not sure there is anything left to discuss, the problem seems resolved.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

her parents are behind us now. they admitted they were wrong. thanks anyways haha

Wow mikeb,

That was a sudden turnaround. :hmmm:

What caused your girlfriend's parents to change their minds?

Onyx

don't forget the ..haha

nothing is closed until I decide its closed.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!....... :P