Spread too thin?

KScience

Our ward has lost its missionaries last week; the Elders moved out and there was no one to take their place.  The Bishop was shocked when the Elders told him the news, as was the Stake President who had no knowledge of this.  A conversation with the Mission President brought to light that there are 4 wards in the mission without fill time missionaries. This is despite the recent reorganisation of the missions in England due to falling missionary numbers.

So as a ward we are going to have to up our game on the missionary front and maybe some creative thinking on our part will be in order. Does anyone have any similar experiences or ideas they would care to share? Baring in mind we have a ward of where average attendance is about 35 adult members and a good day is about 50.

I was also wondering how prevalent this was? Is this something that we will need to factor into the future; have we become complacent about the blessing of having full time missionaries in a ward?

11 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

It's very common for a set of wards to share missionaries, even if that means they primarily only attend one ward.

It's always good to be focused on missionary work, but I wouldn't go and beat yourself up black-and-blue about this.

We don't have a share situation as far as the ward mission leader or the bishop know - I just happened to be in the middle of this conversation and it expanded to a number of members in the ward. We are not beating ourselves up but I think that this has been good motivation for us to look at ourselves and how we can be better member missionaries. There were a couple of conversations on Sunday about how we can best fill the void; especially with regard to carrying on with teaching investigators.

2 hours ago, KScience said:

Our ward has lost its missionaries last week; the Elders moved out and there was no one to take their place.  The Bishop was shocked when the Elders told him the news, as was the Stake President who had no knowledge of this.  A conversation with the Mission President brought to light that there are 4 wards in the mission without fill time missionaries. This is despite the recent reorganisation of the missions in England due to falling missionary numbers.

So as a ward we are going to have to up our game on the missionary front and maybe some creative thinking on our part will be in order. Does anyone have any similar experiences or ideas they would care to share? Baring in mind we have a ward of where average attendance is about 35 adult members and a good day is about 50.

I was also wondering how prevalent this was? Is this something that we will need to factor into the future; have we become complacent about the blessing of having full time missionaries in a ward?

In Germany, the number is also declining.the holy spirit can no longer be seen.where is the red butten ?

I served my mission 50 years ago here in the USA (North Western States).  It was very common that I would travel to a ward or branch that had not had missionaries for a year or more.  But this was a time of great growth.  As missionaries in my mission we had to carefully schedule our time for teaching - not so much for looking for someone to teach.  My two best friends were in Germany and they faced different problems.  On average I saw more baptisms in my area each week than my friends experienced both together for their entire missions.  I use to wonder why my mission did not have more missionaries and were my friends were - less.

The Traveler

In the Philippines, the church is growing by leaps and bounds and they can't send missionaries there fast enough.  So, a friend of ours is serving his mission in a mission area, 100km from end to end on the coastal highway and goes over the mountain to the other side of the island.  And the only way you can go through those unpaved mountain roads is on your mountain bike unless you can hitch a ride on the back of a carabao.

Anyway, wards/branches are encouraged not to rely solely on full-time missionaries.  Each ward/branch have their ward mission programs.  For those whose wards do not have full-time missionaries, it is best to strengthen that ward mission calling.

12 hours ago, KScience said:

Do the people in your ward like each other?