Military Needs Civilians

pam

Dear Civilians,

We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and interested in the military. Many civilians are considering joining the military.

For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance with:

1) The next time you see an adult talking during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their butt.

2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest ... kick their butt.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans.

If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second.

Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great.

Then do the patriotic thing and hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their butt.

4) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were.

Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), mysteriously telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia might have been okay if you were still seven.

Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your butt kicked.

5) If you witness someone calling an enlisted Marine "Sir," stand back ... a Marine will kick their butt.

6) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Next time you come a cross a Marine, do not ask them if they were an embassy guard ... do not ask an Army soldier if he or she drives a tank, do not ask a Navy sailor or a Coast Guardsman if he or she drives a boat.

Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Not everyone in the Army is in armor, not everyone in the sea services is on a vessel.

Also, do not ask ANY service member "Did you ever kill anyone?" If they HAVE seen combat and have been forced to take human life, it's something YOU will never understand and THEY certainly don't want to discuss with you.

Such ignorance deserves a butt kicking (children are exempt).

7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem was not a blooper ... it was a disgrace, and was sickeningly disrespectful to anyone who raised their right hand and swore to defend this country.

Laugh, and sooner or later your butt will be kicked.

8) Next time Old Glory prances by during a parade (Or any other event), get on your darn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart.

Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her ..... of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe butt kicking.

9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy.

The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your butt kicked... and the same holds true today for Sean Penn or any of the other so-called "celebrities" who mistake their Hollywood success for importance and are attempting to involve themselves in world politics.

10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran.

We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our Commander in Chief.

The President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of political party... We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those "representatives" meet.

All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out.

The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your butt already.)

11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it!

If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your butt!

12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military.

That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those darn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their butt.

13) Bus Driver, Jarhead, Grunt, Swabbie, Coastie, Skimmer, etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other.

Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them.

Could get your butt kicked.

14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families.

Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of troops from all five service branches overseas wishing they could be with their families too.

Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day.

Without them, our country would get its butt kicked.

Some words edited for appropriateness at LDSTALK.

I do not like this thread. And so I am not misunderstood I will state my opinion.

I do not believe a person that is not willing to serve in the military during a time of combat should be granted the rights of citizenship. I do not think that we should think of the military as being anything other than the free citizens of a free country. When the military is thought of as anything other than free citizens – that country is not free and neither are its citizens.

I would add one other thing – I do not believe that anyone should be required to live under the protection of a military comprised of free citizens. No one should be forced to be free.

The Traveler

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GhostRider

That was AWESOME!!!! As some one who has been in I thought it was well put. We should also do one thing... When you see a service man or woman... Go to them and shake thier hand and tell them thank you for serving our country.

And to all of you that are on the board that did serve...THANK YOU!!!!!

On a side note Elpha.... not everyone in the army is in the Armor Corp....they just wish they could!!! JK....coming from an ex armor crewman!!

Merry christmas all!!!!

On a side note Elpha.... not everyone in the army is in the Armor Corp....they just wish they could!!! JK....coming from an ex armor crewman!Merry christmas all!!!!

Merry Christmas Ex! It looks like you made it to the boards!

As far as your comment “not everyone in the army is in the Armor Corp,” why are you telling me this? I didn’t comment on it, and so I don’t understand what you meant.

I suspect you took the comments from the joke and applied them to me. But I never said anything about it, so I’m not sure. Can you fill me in?

We should also do one thing... When you see a service man or woman... Go to them and shake thier hand and tell them thank you for serving our country. And to all of you that are on the board that did serve...THANK YOU!!!!!

I couldn’t agree with you more. In fact, my feelings for these men and women who serve/have served our country go far beyond “Thanks.” I do not even have words for how I feel about what they have given me in terms of their lives, their bodily injuries, their mental injuries, and those lost parts of them I will never, ever understand. I read about them as often as I can online.

There is so much more they deserve from me, and I don’t know how to articulate it. I watch videos daily, from the benign to the inspiring to the horrific. These soldiers mean so much to me, and I wish I were telepathic so they would know this, because the truth is they don’t know it. They don’t have time to know it. They work too hard to know it. They’re too focused on their missions to know it. So many of them are just kids and therefore too young to know it. Many of them are too scared to know it. Others are too exhausted to know it. Some are too excited with their success to know it.

I don’t do enough to let them know it.

I also wish I could communicate my “pride” in them to them. They deserve to feel an uncommon pride. I sincerely hope, with all my heart, that they do.

Anyway Ex, on to the joke. Telling me that someone is going to get their butt kicked, based on bigotry, is not funny to me. Insisting US citizens behave a certain way or else they’ll get their butt kicked, is not funny to me. It makes us look like stupid yokels, and that is not funny.

I am especially weary of people who think I deserve to get my butt kicked because I am against the war in Iraq. Somehow they equate this with not supporting the troops, and that is insane! I realize this was not specifically in the joke, but I encounter the attitude portrayed in the joke often because I do not support the war.

The bottom line, for some reason, I just am not amused by the high school bully mentality. When a joke has to use bigotry and coercion to be funny, I am more concerned than amused. Why would anyone find these things funny? Why?

Don’t worry. It’s a rhetorical question.

Sorry for the tangent Ex. You hit a nerve.

Oh, and son, thank you for your service! You know your mother loves ya! :wub:

Elphaba

Guest GhostRider

awwww thanks mom!!!!

as for the armor comment look at #6 on the list...When i worked at starbucks we had 3 wives of some of the instructors at the Ranger School that would come in for coffee once a month. i would always give them a discount due to the fact that i know that this was a big time splurge for them. It meant so much to them that they would always come in when the crew i worked with was working. once a month every month. It touched me when thier husbands came in with them and thanked us for makng thier wives day once a month. that was a very touching moment.....sorry..a soft spot for the guys that are in that school

later!!!

me

It is righteous and good that we passionately support those who place their lives on the line for our country. Kudos also to the families that often endure lengthy and anxious separations. Special honor to those families who have paid the price of a lost husband, wife, son, daughter or parent. Likewise, to those who have that loved one return with serious injuries.

Having said all that, our country takes the high road of allowing conscientious objectors to do so legally, and without loss of rights. Further, we've enshrined in our highest law, the right of citizens to disagree with our leaders' decisions--even about war.

So, why I can share the amusement of this obvious tongue-in-cheek post, I can also see some going further, and demanding intolerance and even criminalization of dissent. Hopefully, we will never have to come to that place.