I’m Terrified of the Second Coming

I can't remember a time when I haven't been at least a little scared of the Second Coming. As a kid, I remember learning that there would be, prior to the Savior's Second Coming, an abundance of crime, natural disasters, famines, and wars. I remember just thinking, "Uh, no thanks. That sounds like the worst." Like, excuse me, but where can I opt out of that? I sometimes think, "Oh, I don't want to be around for that; hopefully I'll be dead," and then I get freaked out because I don't want to die and I'd actually like to see the Savior when He comes again. Ugh. Vicious cycle. But lately, I'm not quite so terrified. I mean, I'm not going to lie to you and say I'm not nervous about the signs of the Second Coming at all. I'm not suddenly like, "Oh, earthquakes? Famine? No biggie. Only wimps are scared of that stuff!" But I've come to realize that the reality is this: any scary thing that happens won't...

View the full article

I don't remember ever feeling this way. On a personal level, I have faith that my ridiculously imperfect efforts to gain the Lord's grace will nevertheless be sufficient. And if I don't survive the judgments preceding the Second Coming of the Lord, I might as well be dead and in spirit prison as living in my debauchery here on earth.

I personally can barely wait! I am not particularly evil and thus will likely end up working for a boss who I can admire steadfastly. I look forward to working for a boss on whom I can rely. I hope for Sunday’s off! I imagine that there might be: field trips, training days, maybe the odd work-breakfast! I used to work for an org that loved working-breakfasts! I would like to work for an org that bothers to capture the data that it needs to make decisions! 👼 

I think this attitude completely misses the promises specifically regarding the end times:

Verily I say unto you all: Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;

And that the gathering together upon the land of Zion, and upon her stakes, may be for a defense, and for a refuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be poured out without mixture upon the whole earth.

-- D&C 115:5, 6

2 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Perhaps I could take lessons? Something on line? Reverse On-Line Seminary? 

Broadcast TV offers free lessons every night. Cable TV does, too, though I don't know that the lessons of of higher enough quality that it's worth the cost.