New DC Comic Book Title to Feature a Bungling Jesus

unixknight

So this is apparently a thing.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/01/09/dc-comics-set-to-release-superhero-comic-book-starring-a-bungling-jesus-christ/

Maybe if we just remind them that Islam considers Jesus a prophet and Muslims may be offended, they'll cancel it.

To review: God didn’t create Sun-Man, he only “sees him” on earth. God was mad a Jesus for bungling his first visit to earth that ended in a crucifixion. Jesus was put in prison by God after messing up. God sends Jesus to earth to “learn” from the superhero. God thinks Sun-Man makes a better son for him than Jesus. And now Jesus is furious with how Christians have treated his memory.

Edited by unixknight

Guest MormonGator

I'm a lifelong comic fan, as my FB friends can tell (my background is all old comic books, in honor to the master, Stan Lee). I go to the local comic store once a week and I've read comics for over thirty years. Controversy like this sells comics, and when people go up in arms about it, DC sells more comics. It's inappropriate, cowardly, and blasphemous. And religious people will do exactly what DC wants by attempting to boycott it, thus giving it attention, which leads to sales. 

Sometimes, it is best to just ignore idiots. 

Edited by MormonGator

2 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Wasn’t it also sort of insensitive to make Thor into a comic book hero?

We don’t exactly come into this debate with clean hands . . .

Beat me to it haha

3 hours ago, unixknight said:

So this is apparently a thing.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/01/09/dc-comics-set-to-release-superhero-comic-book-starring-a-bungling-jesus-christ/

Maybe if we just remind them that Islam considers Jesus a prophet and Muslims may be offended, they'll cancel it.

On the bright side... at least they acknowledge that God and Christ are two separate beings 👍