Okay It's January 2, 2008 Feeling A Little Heavier?

StrawberryFields

Did anyone add a little Holiday Weight?

One of the hardest things to do it to get started on this.

Here is a link that I found to be realistic advice.

10 Steps to the Body You Want

The shortest path is through your brain. Here are the tools you need.

By Pamela M. Peeke, MD, MPH, Prevention

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/best-bod...5362&page=1

PUT THE FUDGE DOWN AND WALK AWAY!!! :lol:

I'm refusing to get weighed until after this Xmas holiday and until I've restarted helping my son with his weekly newspaper delivery round..

I put on a pair of jeans with a belt that I cannot undo yesterday, they're too big, so I can pull them on and off without unfastening the stuck belt buckle, but after sitting for a while I felt a little tight around the middle, so had to take them off and put on a pair of elasticated pants so that I could eat my New Year dinner!!

Great ideas in that article..I might email it to some of my friends and relatives...as long as they're not offended by receiving it of course! :)

Hidden

Great article Berry!!

I enjoyed the ten steps.

I could relate to the one..."I was doing fine until"...

I had started a health program that involved exercise and healthy eating.

Had lost 8 kilograms and was walking for 45 minutes a day....I was powering along.

Then my mother passed away...and...well....the wheels kinda fell off if you know what I mean.

Regained the 8 kilograms and then some.

So this year I want to get back on track.

Today my husband and I are embarking on a body cleanse.

It takes eight days in total.

It involves a 3-day pre-cleanse of stepping down from regular eating.

From there it's a 5-day liquids only fast with supplements that clear and cleanse the digestive system.

After that you slowly reintroduce regular eating over a 3-day period.

Kinda like a spring clean for the body.

We are doing it together for moral support.

So, fingers crossed that we can tough it out.

My hubby doesn't need to lose weight.

But I do, so I'm hoping it will be a good kick start.

Overall though we are using it to start the year cleansed and refreshed.

From there we will set some lifestyle goals for better health.

Good health to everyone!!!

Onyx

I had always heard "eat with the seasons" to stay fit. Now days we can get all foods any season that we want them. Will I gain weight eating watermelon in December? I love eggnog smoothies in the summer.

I tend to lose ten pounds during the holidays cause of all the running around. I gain it back in February from weather boredom!!!

Best Diet Advice: Don't Double Meal !!! (that's like eating dinner and then having a bowl of chili later...or taking your lunch to work and eating lunch at a restaurant with a friend and then eating your homemade lunch later)

Emulsifiers in foods can cause high cholesterol and weight gain.

i didnt gain 1 lb. but then, i was lapbanded nov 9, and have lost 35 lbs

wow 35 pounds! :)

I had always heard "eat with the seasons" to stay fit. Now days we can get all foods any season that we want them. Will I gain weight eating watermelon in December? I love eggnog smoothies in the summer.

I tend to lose ten pounds during the holidays cause of all the running around. I gain it back in February from weather boredom!!!

Best Diet Advice: Don't Double Meal !!! (that's like eating dinner and then having a bowl of chili later...or taking your lunch to work and eating lunch at a restaurant with a friend and then eating your homemade lunch later)

Emulsifiers in foods can cause high cholesterol and weight gain.

DOUBLE MEAL! I have seen my son do this now I have a name for it. :D

Great article, SF! Those same ten steps can be applied to any goal, not just weight loss. I especially like the one about journalizing, and forgiving yourself for mis-steps!

Thanks, I too thought it was quite good. This is the time of year we all might look back and see how we can improve. :D

Everyone should learn something new this year that they have never given thought about knowing.

No-No's

Cannot be something covered in a "How To" magazine.

Cannot be something covered in a "make-over" video.

Cannot be something that you already enjoy but never achieved.

<strike>Cannot be anything on the list of Words of Wisdom. </strike> Oops...sorry....disregard this one.

Cannot be bungie jumping, skydiving, ...etc any one time heart stoppers.

Would you like to learn to pluck duck feathers and make your own pillow/down coat?

If you already do that for a living, would you like to learn how to make an imitation seal seaman tuffy jacket?

Would you like to learn underwater weight walking or water cycling?

If in the US, Would you like to learn how to pull over and stop on the left side of the road when stopped by the Police?

Would you like to learn which truck drivers use a radar detector before your next road trip. (you never want to pull out in front of them who have one.)

Would you like to learn plastic surgery so you can sculpt professionally?

Would you like to learn how to turn your wood burning stove into an ice machine?