Women Rule!

MorningStar

I know for a fact that men cannot do the same jobs a women can do as well as a woman... if that makes sense...i reread it and it does. i think.

My husband was divorced and ran the home for 5 years before i came along, and he did it (with his mothers help) but not as good as i do it!

then again, i dont think i'll ever be as good a carpenter as him...

bunnzy... I think you hit it right on...

There are certain things each of us... male and female... have a special knack for... it's just that women have more :lol:

I must admit, I get a little impatient when men, i.e., priesthood, are supposed to do certain jobs like Ward Clerk with all that record keeping and detail... when I was in our RS presidency, we were updating the ward roster and of course the men were in charge... you've never seen such a mess... not that they didn't take the responsibility serious... just that they were not as quick or efficient as we sisters, particularly those of us who had a background in office mgmt, etc.

It brought to mind Pres Hinckley's comment to the news reporter when asked about the women of the Church, and Pres Hinckley said (paraphrase here) something to the effect that they... the men... just get out of our way. That's the way I felt in that project... just get out of our way and let us do it!

The Garden Girl

When G-d made Adam, he said...needs a help mate, when he made Eve, he said...no help needed. :P

LOL, Yediyd, very very good. God gave man woman for a very good reason. God also created woman from man's side, to walk with him. God knew that man needed a constant companion to keep him where he needed to be. j/k

When G-d made Adam, he said...needs a help mate, when he made Eve, he said...no help needed. :P

The really sad thing is that some women these days actually believe that women are better off without men totally.

And my husband, insecure as he is, believes it sometimes too. I have to be really careful to let him know how much I appreciate what he does for me and the family. Unfortunately, I've not perfected the 'Keep Your Mouth Shut' principle about things that don't matter but that bother me. :(

Jane

• 1 month later...
Guest AutumnBreez

Our nurturing abilities along with our needs at home to be fullfilled are consuming yet rewarding, also going to work outside of home is way enough!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not phathom the idea of all this plus priesthood responsibilities even if we could have them too. Being a good wife/ mother/and other responsibilities (in the church) are plenty thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need each other, no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest karlita007

Women are awesome! I'm glad to see this thread haha!

Our society can be very belittling to women and push them in directions they don't always want to go. It's nice that the LDS Church emphasizes the importance of women, womanhood, and motherhood. Relief Society has always seemed like the perfect name for a group that uses love and care to relieve each other from daily pressures!

• 1 month later...

Women are awesome! I'm glad to see this thread haha!

Our society can be very belittling to women and push them in directions they don't always want to go. It's nice that the LDS Church emphasizes the importance of women, womanhood, and motherhood. Relief Society has always seemed like the perfect name for a group that uses love and care to relieve each other from daily pressures!

I agree! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...