How Close R The Last Days?

lilered

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh heh, I think I slipped into a brain hiccup. This happens a lot between my wife and me. I end up saying the same thing without knowing it sometimes. My apologies. ^_^

No worries. Know that I know you do this on occassion, and that you realize you do this on occassion, I'll try to ignore it.

Just "getting to know your quirks" I guess.

Do you mean 2011?

1987 a child prophet was born [or soon to be born] to usher in the millennium. 2011? Too soon.

I believe we may well have living on the earth now, or very soon, the boy or babe who will be the prophet of the church when the Savior comes. Those who will sit in the Quorum of Twelve Apostles are here. There are many in our homes and communities who will have apostolic callings. We must keep them clean, sweet, and pure in an oh, so wicked world. There will be greater hosts of unseen beings in the temple. Prophets of old, as well as those in this dispensation, will visit the temples. Those who attend well feel their strength and companionship. We will not be alone in our temples. [by Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone]

The seventh seal has already been opened. The course of the seventh seal is already unfolding. I will even go so far to say that the Millenium (time of peace) is also already unfolding -- the people with a Zion heart are being forged as we speak whether we know it or not; however the tares have not been burned yet.

As far as the day that this happens:

D&C 101 22-29 " . . . stand in holy places; And prepare for the revelation which is to come, when the veil of the covering of my temple, in my tabernacle, which hideth the earth shall be taken off, and all flesh shall see me together. And every corruptible thing . . . shall be consumed; and also that of element shall melt with fervent heat; and all things shall become new, that my knowledge and glory may dwell upon the earth. And in that day the enmity of man . . . shall cease from before my face. And in that day whatsoever any man shall ask, it shall be given unto him. And in that day Satan shall not have power to tempt any man. And there shall be no sorrow because there is no death."

One thing we learn from this verse is that the Savior isn't going to "come" in the sense that he has a long distance to travel to get to us -- but that the veil that keeps mortals from viewing Real Life is going to be taken off and the glory will be let in, and some things will be able to receive the glory, and some things won't.

I personally am looking for one particular matter to take place and that is the Temple in the American Zion to be begin being built (yes, that would be Jackson County, Missouri). Until that happens, I need to continue to repent and prepare, but the Savior's glorious Advent isn't going to happen yet. On the other hand, that Temple could be announced as soon as in a few days at this coming General Conference, if God intended that, hey?

I also am personally convinced that many if not MANY Saints will visited by the Savior in the temples before the glorious advent; and I think we cannot forget the Savior on the Mount of Olives manifestation, and the Savior at the Adam-ondi-Ahman conference.

I am not arguing for a long period of time with this necessarily. As I implied, any and all of these matters could take place within, say, a year's period of time (or less). But when I become aware of the moment the Savior has appeared to save Israel at the Mount of Olives, then I can adjust my understanding as to how close the glorious Advent is.

In the spirit of fun for guessing a time, I would say that the glorious Advent will take place in 30 years or less from today.

Some of us need to return home first prior to the Millrnium starts. LOL

Not that you are saying so here, but I am under the impression you don't think you have much longer left here on earth, Hemi.

Have I got it wrong?

If I have it right, why do you say this?

Hi,

Remember, in the Sat 10:00 A.M. GC session of 2001, Pres. Hinckley declared unequivocally that the prophecy in Joel 2 and the moon shall turn to blood, young men dream dreams, old men see vision etc. has been fulfilled. I believe him.

Those who claim we have 25 years can be right but I can't imagine HF can stand the brutal torturing of his children for much longer. Remember, one of the reasons that the flood came was because God's children had practically no chance to 'make it'. They were swallowed up in the world's wickedness. I wonder how long the Lord can stand this today.

The Second Coming is not an event in the sense that in one day he will be coming and the next he will be here and that will be it. There will many parts as the worlds is cleansed, purged, and prepared for the wedding feast. For example, the Church has said, the PANDEMIC is coming - get your 90 day supply for the quarantine that is also coming (or social distancing another name for quarantine). It is not if it is WHEN.

So 2011 very well could play a crucial part and the dualism of the prophets may and probably will suprise us. I don't know if 1987 started the clock ticking. On the other hand you opinion(s) have just as much chance of being valid as mine. Let's all be careful of conjecture, pure speculation, and self-indulgent prognostications MYSELF included. It is going to be a great ride, especially for the 144,000.

Keep the faith,

Abraham

Hi,

Remember, in the Sat 10:00 A.M. GC session of 2001, Pres. Hinckley declared unequivocally that the prophecy in Joel 2 and the moon shall turn to blood, young men dream dreams, old men see vision etc. has been fulfilled. I believe him.

Those who claim we have 25 years can be right but I can't imagine HF can stand the brutal torturing of his children for much longer. Remember, one of the reasons that the flood came was because God's children had practically no chance to 'make it'. They were swallowed up in the world's wickedness. I wonder how long the Lord can stand this today.

The Second Coming is not an event in the sense that in one day he will be coming and the next he will be here and that will be it. There will many parts as the worlds is cleansed, purged, and prepared for the wedding feast. For example, the Church has said, the PANDEMIC is coming - get your 90 day supply for the quarantine that is also coming (or social distancing another name for quarantine). It is not if it is WHEN.

So 2011 very well could play a crucial part and the dualism of the prophets may and probably will suprise us. I don't know if 1987 started the clock ticking. On the other hand you opinion(s) have just as much chance of being valid as mine. Let's all be careful of conjecture, pure speculation, and self-indulgent prognostications MYSELF included. It is going to be a great ride, especially for the 144,000.

Keep the faith,

Abraham

Indeed!!

I went and found the talk. Here is an excerpt. I am embarrassed to admit -- I totally missed it. I was inactive at the time, but I still made it a point to watch General Conference, even when I was inactive:

The era in which we live is the fulness of times spoken of in the scriptures, when God has brought together all of the elements of previous dispensations. From the day that He and His Beloved Son manifested themselves to the boy Joseph, there has been a tremendous cascade of enlightenment poured out upon the world. The hearts of men have turned to their fathers in fulfillment of the words of Malachi. The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

"And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

"And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call" (Joel 2:28–32).

There has been more of scientific discovery during these years than during all of the previous history of mankind. Transportation, communication, medicine, public hygiene, the unlocking of the atom, the miracle of the computer, with all of its ramifications, have blossomed forth, particularly in our own era. During my own lifetime, I have witnessed miracle after wondrous miracle come to pass. We take it for granted.

Hi,

Keep the faith,

Abraham

Interesting...

144,000 - according to Joseph Smith are High-Priests who shall set aside for temple work. HOC Vol 6:365 However, there is a missing tribe that is not accounted. ;)

Elder Featherstone speech and was touched by President Benson during a following conference. Now, if there is such a child, at this point, he would need to serve a mission. Where would you send this child for his mission?

The 144K will be a very special translated-type group sent to accomplish a number of things. They will be like Enoch as they gather in the elect. Besides temple work they will travel the world and do Father's bidding.

Also, the meeting as I am sure you were referring to in Adam-ondi-Ahman will have a lot more people than 144K. When the keys will be given/returned to Adam there will be in my opinion a lot more there for logistical support. The twelve temple complex will be nearby and will serve the tribes accordingly.

Remember Neal A. Maxwell jokingly saying that someday we will need a little red wagon to carry our scriptures to Church. Then we will have an aha moment every day.

One thing you can know for sure, if someone tells you he is one of the chosen (144K) or has his/her calling and election you can be sure s/he has not. ;)

Until next time,

Abraham

I have decided I am one of the saints that is saying "the Lord delayeth his coming." God does not have to wait for a righteous people. He is going to move forward, with or without us. I don't know when he is coming or even have a guess. I do wish it was now so that my children wouldn't have to see the gross wickedness that is here. One of the prophets was asked if it was the last days. He replied, "yes, years and years of them." Can't remember which on right now, but I believe it was one that lived before I was born. (major pregnancy brain right now.) There is still much to happen. From what I have studied, it seems to me that Jesus is going to be hanging out on earth a bit before he comes in his final glory to destroy the wicked. As for the meeting in missouri, I plan on being on the relief society commity for refreshments.:D

The 144K will be a very special translated-type group sent to accomplish a number of things. They will be like Enoch as they gather in the elect. Besides temple work they will travel the world and do Father's bidding.

Also, the meeting as I am sure you were referring to in Adam-ondi-Ahman will have a lot more people than 144K. When the keys will be given/returned to Adam there will be in my opinion a lot more there for logistical support. The twelve temple complex will be nearby and will serve the tribes accordingly.

Remember Neal A. Maxwell jokingly saying that someday we will need a little red wagon to carry our scriptures to Church. Then we will have an aha moment every day.

One thing you can know for sure, if someone tells you he is one of the chosen (144K) or has his/her calling and election you can be sure s/he has not. ;)

Until next time,

Abraham

Ok...I concur with some of your remarks. Looking at many references related back to what Joseph Smith left them at the Temple Stand, 12 May 1844.

I am going on in my progress for eternal life. It is not only necessary that you should be baptized for your dead, but you will have to go through all the ordinances for them, the same as you have gone through to save yourselves. There will be 144,000 saviors on Mount Zion, and with them an innumerable host that no man can number. Oh, I beseech you to go forward, go forward and make your calling and your election sure; and if any man preach any other Gospel than that which I have preached, he shall be cursed; and some of you who now hear me shall see it, and know that I testify the truth concerning them. (HC 6:365. Joseph Smith)

In President Wilford Woodruff journal, it is recorded that it has already began in selecting these special and unique High-Priests among the tribes of Israel:

7. At this time Joseph Smith was not willing to discuss the temple ordinances of conferral of the fulness of the priesthood, of marriage for time and eternity, or of sealing children to parents; nevertheless, he indicated that the conferral of the fulness of the priesthood was a "sealingon top of the head", of which the phrase "sealed in their foreheads" was symbolic. Furthermore, Joseph Smith here taught that it was through the ordinance of conferral of the fulness of the priesthood that men could be qualified to be a part of the special missionary force of the last days which would number 144,000 high priests (D&C 77:8-11, 14). When Cornelius P. Lott and his wife received these ordinances on 4 February 1844, the Prophet indicated that "the selection of the persons to form that number had already commenced." He had already conferred these blessings on at least 17 men (History of the Church, 6:196 and Wilford Woodruff Diary, under date given).

Abraham, as you already may know but more for others that do not, here is the reference to the 144,000:

11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel--twelve thousand out of every tribe?

A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.(D&C 77:11)

What is life without at least one cited reference by our friend Elder McConkie:

Our Blessed Lord will come at the appointed time. The great conference at Adam-ondi-Ahman will assemble to worship the King on schedule. There will be an exact moment when his foot first touches the Mount of Olives. He will stand on Mount Zion with the 144,000 high priests at a given point in time. Armageddon will spread its fire and horror and death when and as decreed in the divine timetable. The tares will be burned and the vineyard cleansed of corruption when the Lord Jesus returns. And there will be a day and an hour and a split second that marks the beginning of the Millennium. The seventh of the thousand-year periods can only commence at one single instant in time. As we have seen, many of the events incident to the Second Coming will take place during the close of the sixth seal and others after the opening of the seventh seal. And yet the formal beginning of the Millennium will take place at a fixed and determined and set moment. It cannot be hastened by righteousness nor delayed by wickedness. The old earth will die, and the new heaven and the new earth will be born at as exact an instant as is the case with the birth or death of any form of life. We speak thus so there will be no confusion or misunderstanding when we also say that the full glory and wonder of the millennial day will unfold gradually; that there will be wicked men on earth after the Millennium has commenced; and that the final glory and triumph of Israel will take place gradually after the Millennium itself has been ushered in. Let us now see what the holy word has to say relative to these things. (Bruce R. McConkie, The Millennial Messiah: The Second Coming of the Son of Man, p.649)

And my dear friend and diffinitely book-worm expertise: Elder Lund:

2. The Prophet clearly indicates that the twelve thousand sealed from each of the twelve tribes is not just a symbolic representation of the forces of righteousness, as some scholars maintain. They are a great missionary force of the sixth seal (see D&C 77:10). Joseph Smith shows us that they are ordained high priests chosen from among every nation to carry forth the gospel and bring as many as will come to the true Church (see D&C 77:11). In another revelation the Prophet indicated that these 144,000 would also stand on Mt. Zion with the Savior (see D&C 133:18 and compare with Rev. 14:1-5).

The Prophet also said, shortly before his death, "I attended prayer-meeting with the quorum in the assembly room, and made some remarks respecting the hundred and forty-four thousand mentioned by John the Revelator, showing that the selection of persons to form that number had already commenced."32 This statement would seem to indicate that this great body of missionaries may be composed of mortals and immortals together.

(Gerald N. Lund, Selected Writings of Gerald N. Lund: Gospel Scholars Series , p.91-92)

I have decided I am one of the saints that is saying "the Lord delayeth his coming." God does not have to wait for a righteous people. He is going to move forward, with or without us. I don't know when he is coming or even have a guess. I do wish it was now so that my children wouldn't have to see the gross wickedness that is here. One of the prophets was asked if it was the last days. He replied, "yes, years and years of them." Can't remember which on right now, but I believe it was one that lived before I was born. (major pregnancy brain right now.) There is still much to happen. From what I have studied, it seems to me that Jesus is going to be hanging out on earth a bit before he comes in his final glory to destroy the wicked. As for the meeting in missouri, I plan on being on the relief society commity for refreshments.:D

Maybe it was not in good taste that I stood on Adam's old altar. :P