How easy is it ????

HizWife625

Matthew 24:23-27 (New International Version)

23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time. 26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man

2 Peter 3:3

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

Jude 1:17-18 (

A call to persevere

17But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires."

In 2 John 9, we read, “Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” In other words, Jesus Christ and His work of redemption is of utmost importance; beware anyone who denies that Jesus is equal with God, who downplays Jesus’ substitutionary death, or who rejects Jesus’ humanity. First John 2:22 says, “Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.”

As Paul warns in Galatians 1:7, “There be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.” No one, not even a great preacher, has the right to change the message that God gave us. “If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed” (Galatians 1:9).

If the purpose of a prophet was to reveal truth from God, why would we need prophets if we have the completed revelation from God in the Bible?

If prophets were the “foundation” of the early church, are we still building the “foundation” today? Can God give someone a message to deliver to someone else? Absolutely! Does God reveal truth to someone in a supernatural way and enable that person to deliver that message to others? Absolutely! But is this the biblical gift of prophecy? No.

Whatever the case, whenever a person claims to be speaking for God (the essence of prophecy) the key is to compare what is said with what the Bible says. If God were to speak through a person today, it would be in 100% complete agreement with what God has already said in the Bible. God does not contradict Himself.

1 John 4:1 instructs us, “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”

1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 declares, “Do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good.” So, whether is it a “word from the Lord” or a supposed prophecy, our response should be the same. Compare what is said to what the Word of God says. If it contradicts the Bible, throw it out. If it agrees with the Bible, pray for wisdom and discernment as to how to apply the message (2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:5).

Using no other source provided by Joseph Smith, test the alleged prophecy against the scriptures; which is the only source of truth....... Jospeh Smith did not teach that of the Holy Trinity, three presons in one, The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost which contradicts the truth in the bible.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly my point on your earlier posting of preaching a gospel that is not of Christ [Math chap 24]. Have you ever consider being prayerful on what you are preaching to this audience by receiving a Holy Ghost confirmation? Did you even consider in reading the BOM and ponder over it, to find out for yourself, whether or not it is true by asking GOD? This comes by humility and faith friend. Most here on this forum have a testimony. Not just thoughts or someone else pastoral speech from the pulpit. Do you really understand or comprehend what a testimony is? I for one am a convert to the church who’s testimony is built on bedrock. What is your testimony built on?

Now, earlier in my questioning to you on why are you doing here on this forum [same to Lostfound], I rather hear the truth than someone posing as a desire learner seeking the truth yet, is nothing more than a Priestcraft. If you don’t know the meaning, it is one who preaches without authority and representation by GOD and the Savior. I found this quite disturbing seeing rampant on this earth..

I will be blunt, noting your true intent as I said, is being one of deceit and not one of learning, is no different than what an Anti-Christ would use. I would caution you and your attempt to thwart salvation of those here with weaker testimonies.

My friend, I for one, a servant of Him do have that authority of GOD. Being called a High-Priest, after the same manner of the Lord and Savior, I would consider what I have said and ponder on what is given here. Repentance is at hand here. Most here are forgiving in nature and willing to share and share alike in knowledge of our beloved Savior and the gospel we received.

If these words are harsh for you, then perhaps you need to sit down and offer a humble bent knee prayer to our FATHER. Lostnfound, I suggest the same also – noting your church members are here trying to proselyte to LDS members.

No Hemi.... I have chosen not to read the BOM due to my past posting on the scriptures of prophets...... God warned me about that and I trust that His wisdom is sustaining.

As man is, God once was, as God is, man may be (Articles of Faith, pg. 430)...... This is what Joseph Smith claims......

and this is what Satan said toe Even in the garden.....Genesis 3:4

4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

THUS THE FALL OF MAN......Thinking we can become like God, or be a god.....

The Holy Spirit lives in me.........

Hemi

As I said in my first posting, I came here to learn of the LDS and your beliefs on entering into heaven.....I am very curious as to the teachings of the LDS vs the teachings of the Bible. I admitted that upfront. I wanted to learn first hand from those following the teachings of Joseph Smith.... I wanted to test his theories against the innerrant word of God. Which I have done.

Now, when those teachings are not in concordance with the truth that the bible teaches, I do have the authority to speak against it and speak the truch that the Holy Spirit has lead me.

Just as your LDS followers do, the attempt to teach and preach thier gospel according to Joseph Smith. And I want to test that against the gospel of who Jesus Christ really is.

That is the difference between those who claimed the truth and those who seek the truth. HUMBLENESS - HOPE - DESIRE TO KNOW. You take the time and read the book before making judgment.

I for one have read the Koran twice. This better serves me when a Muslim is preaching his word unto me and knows whether or not it is in the Koran. Being a former Catholic, your church is nothing more than a splinter from this church. Remember the founder of the church and what happen to him when he noted that the church was not the true church? Do you know your own church history? It is a major problem for many claimed Christians when joining such movements.

Now, you are preaching to the choir friend. When it comes to the Holy Spirit, the third member of the Godhead, I do KNOW Him very well. At this point, I can tell you, He does not rest with you. To receive such a gift, is not given by asking. It is receive by the laying on the hands from one of authority. You need to go back and read Acts again when noting the Gift of the Holy Spirit and how it works. :D

God (Heavenly Father) is an exalted man with a physical body of flesh and bone. LDS founder Joseph Smith said,

If the veil were rent today, and the great God who holds this world in its orbit, and who upholds all worlds and all things by his power, was to make himself visible-I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345).

The fifth LDS President Lorenzo Snow coined the expression,

As man is, God once was, as God is, man may be (Articles of Faith, pg. 430).

In Mormon theology, the god of planet Earth is believed to have once been a man from another planet, who through self-effort and the help of his own father-god, was appointed by a counsel of gods in the heavens to his high position as the god of planet Earth, and now has a physical, resurrected glorified body.

At the center of this theology is the belief that God is literally a procreating father who is married to a Mrs. God, or divine mother.

Do the LDS teach that through the atonement of Christ and by their good deeds and holy living, people can one day become gods themselves, and with their multiplicity of goddess wives, in heaven populate their own planets with what are called spirit children?

The first of these spirit children to be born in heaven was Jesus and the second was the Devil. Mormons believe that Jesus and the Devil are spirit brothers and that we are all born as siblings in heaven.

Brigham Young said in Journal of Discourses, Vol 4, p. 216, In the spirit world their spirits were first begotten and brought forth, and they lived there with their parents for ages before they came here.

The trinity is denied with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost seen as three separate entities.

The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us (Doctrine and Covenants [D&C] 130:22).

Joseph Smith stated,

I wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I have preached on the subject of the Deity, it has been the plurality of Gods (History of the Church 6:474).

In Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p.370 Joseph Smith states,

I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a spirit; and these three constitute three personages and three Gods.

So, before I consider converting to the LDS, would these statements be true? Please correct me anywhere that is not correct.

Hemi

As I said in my first posting, I came here to learn of the LDS and your beliefs on entering into heaven.....I am very curious as to the teachings of the LDS vs the teachings of the Bible. I admitted that upfront. I wanted to learn first hand from those following the teachings of Joseph Smith.... I wanted to test his theories against the innerrant word of God. Which I have done.

Now, when those teachings are not in concordance with the truth that the bible teaches, I do have the authority to speak against it and speak the truch that the Holy Spirit has lead me.

Just as your LDS followers do, the attempt to teach and preach thier gospel according to Joseph Smith. And I want to test that against the gospel of who Jesus Christ really is.

Questioning or preaching? Hmm....

Your are not testing out any theories without first, having the three character objectives first: HOPE, DESIRE TO KNOW, and HUMBLENESS.

You can spend time on bent knees before your creator, you find that the spirit can manifest truths. ;)

Hemi

When I accepted Christ, I was filled with the Holy Spirit....They are one and that is biblical..... There is only one way to Jesus and that is by accepting His saving grace and surrendering my will to Him.....

If I have to receive the laying of hands by man, that is an act......That is placing conditions upon grace at the cross....... The only hands that I need are the nail scarred hands from which His saving blood flowed. He is my authority.

Hemi:

Just as Jesus battled Satan in the garden, so I am with scripture to test against the LDS faith.......I do not belong ot the Cahtolic church. Salvation by grace is not taught in the Catholic church nor is the Bible read...... The foundation of the church was the established "releationship" between Jesus Christ and Peter....It was not a physical church, it was the personal relationship that Peter finally realized and accepted.......

Sure I am testing out theories of the LDS.....If you were to knock on my door, I would let you in....We could talk. You would explain your theory and I would explain mine supported by scriptures. I would pray over your theories and I would receive wisdom from the Holy Spirit.

No, your 3rd GodHead does not rest well in me....I do not know him as he is not part of the Holy Trinity......That is why he does not know me. I know the Father, Son and Holy Ghost for they are one and I am His.....No one can pluck me from His hand.......Remember Jesus said, I am He and He is me...

Someone who's truely seeking to understand someone's beliefs doesn't ask questions they already know the answers to (as all your quotes of Joseph Smith and others show, you've been "studying" Mormonism already). You're asking US questions so you can give us YOUR questions. I don't think you understand any more about Mormonism today than you did yesturday when you started the thread.

Are the quotes from Joseph Smith true and accurate ? Are those his beliefs ?

Either way, yes, it is very important for anyone seeking to join the LDS to know if those statements/beliefs.theories are true?

Jesus, Himself, instructs us to compare every theory against the scriptures.

So before considering the LDS church, I must know the answers.

God (Heavenly Father) is an exalted man with a physical body of flesh and bone. LDS founder Joseph Smith said,

If the veil were rent today, and the great God who holds this world in its orbit, and who upholds all worlds and all things by his power, was to make himself visible-I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345).

The fifth LDS President Lorenzo Snow coined the expression,

As man is, God once was, as God is, man may be (Articles of Faith, pg. 430).

In Mormon theology, the god of planet Earth is believed to have once been a man from another planet, who through self-effort and the help of his own father-god, was appointed by a counsel of gods in the heavens to his high position as the god of planet Earth, and now has a physical, resurrected glorified body.

I see, you can cut-n-paste. We have members do the same and still walk away without knowing the true meaning. :D

However, it is not Mormon theology unless Mormon himself wrote it. :lol:Sorry, seeing it coming from a Baptist, I do know we coin terms without understanding what is being said.

The creator of this earth friend is Jesus Christ. Now see, you learned something that is not from one of your booklets. :cool: So, is it true that Jesus Christ was man on this earth or perhaps something else?

Are you married? As a parent, do you father have family council? Does he make decisions that impacts you and your gtrand children? Does not a CEO have board meetings to make greater decision for its workers? Hmm...not a bright statement to make since we duplicate what was.

At the center of this theology is the belief that God is literally a procreating father who is married to a Mrs. God, or divine mother.

If we are express image of GOD, it does reminds us in Genesis, what is there a need to duplicate a woman for man? Why have parents/ Why have children? Then why is this simple pattern on this earth no different from what is in heaven? Strange for someone to be christian and yet, cannot grasp simple principles. Now, unless you are not a parent, then I can understand. ;)

Do the LDS teach that through the atonement of Christ and by their good deeds and holy living, people can one day become gods themselves, and with their multiplicity of goddess wives, in heaven populate their own planets with what are called spirit children?

You already answered your own question. See how easy that was? However, seek that answer through the website The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Further detail of the Atonement and expectation of those who receive the highest level of the Celestial kingdom.

Then, where is Abraham and Sarah at this time? Or Adam and Eve for that case? Can you answer that one? Not having divine continous revelations or a living prophet, you simply can't.

The first of these spirit children to be born in heaven was Jesus and the second was the Devil. Mormons believe that Jesus and the Devil are spirit brothers and that we are all born as siblings in heaven.

It depends on which vionary prophet wrote who was first, note the difference between Moses versus Abraham regarding this subject. Even Jacob was the firstborn but in actuality, was not. Why?

Brigham Young said in Journal of Discourses, Vol 4, p. 216, In the spirit world their spirits were first begotten and brought forth, and they lived there with their parents for ages before they came here.

Before you decide to cut-n-past this one, Goggle te correct statement first before I will attempt explanation. Nothing worse than someone doing this and goes away looking foolish. Then yoiu need to remind that individual, next time, quote the content and not rewording it.

The Journal of Discourse is on the web friend. :)

The trinity is denied with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost seen as three separate entities.

The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us (Doctrine and Covenants [D&C] 130:22).

Wait, are you a baptist or Catholic? Which one is it? This is Catholic doctrine. Now, you did say that Holy Ghost dwells within you? Does He really? Noting the baptism of Christ by the hands of John, where was the Holy Ghost or even the FATHER? Hmm...:rolleyes:

This one be hashed out since Joseph Smith days and it never seems to amaze me.

Now, if you did desire to see Christ, what would you expect to see? :D

Joseph Smith stated,

I wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I have preached on the subject of the Deity, it has been the plurality of Gods (History of the Church 6:474). In

Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p.370 Joseph Smith states,

I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a spirit; and these three constitute three personages and three Gods.

So, before I consider converting to the LDS, would these statements be true? Please correct me anywhere that is not correct.

Not unusual seeing misquotes and misrepresentation verbiage being offerred. I am not going wast effort seeing the poor quality of pasting.

Now go back and paste the complete article so it can be answered. :cool:

How about reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it for an answer? The quotes you provided are the same that anti-Mormons trot out every time they try and prove us wrong. It hasn't worked in the past and it won't work now. If you want to know, ask sincere questions. Not thinly veiled propaganda from an anti-Mormon site.

Hidden

Are the quotes from Joseph Smith true and accurate ? Are those his beliefs ?

Either way, yes, it is very important for anyone seeking to join the LDS to know if those statements/beliefs.theories are true?

Jesus, Himself, instructs us to compare every theory against the scriptures.

Again, you are preaching to the choir.

Hidden

Good to hear. One in 'WILL' but seperate in bodies.

"...you can worship a dead christ hanging on a cross but for me, I worship a living Christ." Ever heard that phrase before?

Now, you cannot receive the Savior without receiving the Holy Ghost. You cannot receive the Holy Ghost without receiving the FATHER's servants.

I pasted that to ask if those statements were true. I wanted the answeres from someone inside your group.....That's all....... If you wanted to ask me something about my faith or my doctrine being true or false, I would tell you, not condemn you for asking......

I want to know why the LDS men feel they will become gods? I hear this all the time and I would like to know the truth...... IF the men become gods, what do the women become and why?

Why are there 4 kingdoms after this life that you could enter? Which kingdom do you enter and why?

But if you are not willing to answer these questions, ok........ These are issues I face when talking to a few LDS in my own office.....They won't answer them, they get frustrated and they run. I just get left standing there. I ask them to reference scripture and they won't. I test their beliefs against the bible and questioned them, still no answer.

Yes, I have studied Mormonism a bit and have alot of questions that need to be answered. I have studied Joseph Smith and tested his theories against the bible.....most of them do not conincide with what the bible teaches.

Like I questioned before, why, these days, would we need prophets when we have the bible?

Obviously I am not worth entering the LDS faith.

They probably get frustrated because we get asked these exact. same. questions. ad naseum, and the conversations never go in a productive direction. You won't accept our answers, and - because we truely believe we've recieved a Witness from the Spirit as to the truthfulness of the Gospel - we're not about to change our minds. It turns into an unending debate that leads to both sides wanting to tear their hair out.

I pasted that to ask if those statements were true. I wanted the answeres from someone inside your group.....That's all....... If you wanted to ask me something about my faith or my doctrine being true or false, I would tell you, not condemn you for asking......

I want to know why the LDS men feel they will become gods? I hear this all the time and I would like to know the truth...... IF the men become gods, what do the women become and why?

Men AND women because Gods and Goddess, Priests and Priestesses unto the Most High God. (meaning we are still His servents. We never usurp His Authority)

I'll leave it to others to answer the other questions you've posed. I've got a little one in need of attention.

They probably get frustrated because we get asked these exact. same. questions. ad naseum, and the conversations never go in a productive direction. You won't accept our answers, and - because we truely believe we've recieved a Witness from the Spirit as to the truthfulness of the Gospel - we're not about to change our minds. It turns into an unending debate that leads to both sides wanting to tear their hair out.

Very well said Jenamarie. This is exactly the point. We are constantly asked questions that people get from anti-Mormon sites. Instead of going to those sites why not try The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to get the answers from the source instead of some one who prints half truths.