How easy is it ????

HizWife625

I have chosen not to read the BOM due to my past posting on the scriptures of prophets...... God warned me about that and I trust that His wisdom is sustaining.

God tells us to beware of false prophets. He didn't say there would never be any more prophets.

If you have made a decision not to read the Book of Mormon then further discussion is pointless as you cannot have an opinion on something you have not studied.

On the other hand I think you will find that most Mormons are open minded enough to read other people's literature even if they don't agree with the teachings. How could we discuss in ignorance?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deuteronomy 8:19

19 Then it shall be, if you by any means forget the LORD your God, and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish

Judges 2:12

12 and they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt; and they followed other gods from among the gods of the people who were all around them, and they bowed down to them; and they provoked the LORD to anger

The Bible clearly teaches against polytheism. There is only one true God. Deuteronomy 6:4 tells us, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." Psalms 96:5 declares, "For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens." ."

Notice Psalm 82:6, "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler."

How do the women become goddesses ?

When and how do I get to see Jesus face to face?

1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;

68 Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.

How do I get to heaven?

Obedience to revealed truth, combined with God's grace.

Have you met with our missionaries?

What does it take to know Jesus Christ and have Him as my Lord ?

Obedience to revealed truth, combined with God's grace.

HIZWIFE: At this point you can be part of the same gospel. It is not the gospel of Joseph Smith. It is not the gospel of the LDS. It is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are just messengers, after the Savior accepts us into that role. You have to remember, we are self governed and perhaps at time, are bit overbearing. I for one am very protected of those who seeking their way back to the Truth. So, my overbearance may have its moments but well meaningful.

It is not the goal of every LDS member to become GOD/GODESS. It is the goal for us to be with our Lord and Savior. We want to glorify Him that He may glorify His FATHER, our FATHER. It becomes personal when someone asked that question - you are seeking godhood. Ugh! No. I am seeking the same kingdom with my Savior. The glory of the FATHER is us. HIS progeny. When we become like HIM and be HIM into the eternities, HE will glory with HIS grandchildren as I do with my grandchildren.

Paul taught there only three glories and he was correct. The only one he left out was those of no glory, meaning Sons/Daughers of Perdition. We enter the kingdom where the FATHER will place us - being comfortable with those around us. It is done by our faith, our works, obedience to HIS commandments, convants we make with HIM upon this mortal life. Not all Saints will make it to the highest level of the Celestial kingdom. Now, to answer such a question, to know in this mortality, one who will inherit that highest level, comes by Jesus Christ Himself, with the Holy Ghost confirming to that man/woman of the sealing. This is pure knowledge.

Now, you need to read the Book of Mormon, to see if this is truly another testament of Jesus Christ, as I did when I was searching the truth. This way, you will have formed a perfect opinion of such and can stand the 'weather of the storm' when answering another person question.

We need prophets? Is no different why we need a president, or governor, or some one in-charge for the church and be responsible for that organization. Was the earlier church organization same as today? Yes and no. Remeber, we are living in the fullness of times and receive such understandind for such. Peter was the prophet of the church and they did have twelve apostles. As they also had bishops, seventies, and pastors.

Hemi:

Thanks for the info..

With regards to your statement " Not all Saints will make it to the highest level of the Celestial kingdom.".

This is a bit judgemental to me......One person out does the other in their works here on earth...... That defies grace.

So if you do more, or are a better person than me, you get to go higher and I am stuck in the lower.

How do you explain what Jesus told the theif on the cross ? The theif was one of the worst sinners.....But even Paul says he was the greatest sinner.....But at the cross, Jesus told the thief he would be with Him........

I for one think Moses was the greatest sinner....He broke all 10 commandments.... Ok, we can all laugh at that one....It came from my 8 yr old....

Deuteronomy 8:19

19 Then it shall be, if you by any means forget the LORD your God, and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish

Judges 2:12

12 and they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt; and they followed other gods from among the gods of the people who were all around them, and they bowed down to them; and they provoked the LORD to anger

The Bible clearly teaches against polytheism. There is only one true God. Deuteronomy 6:4 tells us, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." Psalms 96:5 declares, "For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens." ."

Notice Psalm 82:6, "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler."

How do the women become goddesses ?

Have you read the previous posts on this topic? We are children of the Most High. The Bible tells us that. And just like our children can grow up to become adults like us, we can grow up to become adults like our Father. He will always be our Father and our God. Just like my Dad will always be my Dad even though I'm an adult. No way are we ever going to start worshipping each other.

The false gods we are warned against worshipping cover things like the golden calf which the children of Israel made in the wilderness or other idols when "they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt; and they followed other gods from among the gods of the people who were all around them" - in this day and age there are many false gods from the new age pagan revival to the idolatry of musicians and footballers.

I have five blonde daughters and they can clearly out text and type me. LOL

To answer your question, it brings tears to my eyes noting this will happen with many saints. "Many are called but few are chosen..." The FATHER chooses HIS children and not by us choosing HIM. Most will forget this statement. There are conditions placed on that level we must clearly meet for a wise purpose.

Now, the only guantee we have is Grace from GOD. Through HIS beloved Son's atonement, we have the assurance. But, to that level of glory, that remains elusive for many.

Hemi:

??????..........If God is choosing who is saved, doesn’t that undermine our free will to chose and believe in Christ?

The Bible says that we have the free will choice – all we have to do is believe in Jesus Christ and we will be saved (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10).

The Bible never describes God rejecting anyone who believes in Him or turning away anyone who was seeking Him (Deuteronomy 4:29). Somehow, in the mystery of God, predestination works hand in hand with a person being drawn by God (John 6:44) and believing unto salvation (Romans 1:16). God predestines who will be saved, and we must choose Christ in order to be saved. Both facts are equally true. Romans 11:33 proclaims, “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and His paths beyond tracing out!”

And if we, the saints, choose to be saved, then we will, no matter what, reign with Christ when He returns......Remember, those who choose not to accept Him and be saved, are not saints. Thus, they will die and go to hell. There is no in between...Reign with God or die and get crispy in the lake of fire.

Remember, God cannot disown Himself.....The saints are one with Him..... Now, when we get into reading John, he speaks of those who claim to know Christ, but are not of us, meaning they, until the return of Christ, talk a good talk, but in the end, they never personally knew Christ.....No those same tears are heavy when I ready about that.....Yes there are fake "saints" but Christ will know that....Not me not you.....For it is only Christ who knows the heart......

We are saved through the merits of the Savior and the Atonement. This is the given. Now, we have the same free choice of choosing such in this life and the next. It will be rare in not seeing anyone not being saved outside the sons/daughters of perdition. Wallace Goddard, BYU Professor sees it at 99.999999999 will be saved in gloryfied kingdom. What is left, even GOD cannot save. It is there own will and what they choose to be their own fate.

I assumed, you are referring to my last comment on GOD's choosing those children to receive the highest level?

What about the tribulation saints? When the anti-christ comes?

Where in the bible does it support your previous post? (. Now, we have the same free choice of choosing such in this life and the next.

If were GOD, what would you do for those who have not heard the gospel during that timeframe?

Now, something that rings the same bell, is the bible complete?

When Christ returns, every knee will bow......They will then have been exposed to Christ.....That is their last chance......Which, explains the Tribulations Saints........

oh geezzzeeee...... I forgot your other question...gotta go back and look..... be right back --- uugggh. :o ( blonde dye kicking in ) :rolleyes:

Who followed and loved Christ?

I belief what HizWife's question about "Who crucified Christ?" was to point out that, in her opinion, any Jewish belief in multiple levels of Heaven is false, since they were willing to cruicify the Messiah they'd been waiting thousands of years for.

ETA: But maybe I'm just in a muddle from trying to catch up. :lol: