Jeopardy Max

Should you be allowed to win more than 5 times in jeopardy.  

1. 1. Should you be allowed to win more than 5 times in jeopardy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest enlightenme

Well, considering they rule WAS only 5 times. I think it is cool to see Ken Jennings winning... and I am sure that they are waiting to see how much longer he will last....

I think is all goood.... :)

Guest enlightenme

Yeah, excuse me while i wring out my socks..... Yeah, I just love walking to work in all this wonderful ...rain... well at least today was nice...... but of couse we are suppose to get moooooreee rain toight and tomorrow.......

Nice scene of the white mud last week eh..... all the cars upto the windows in water ..... not something you see round here on a regular basis ..... Well i must be off now... ttfn.... gotta get up early for chruch tomorrow.... :)

The problem with the guy who has won so many times in a row is that he has experience, wheras the people he's playing against do not. They are more nervous, and know they are competing against somebody who has obviously mastered the game. That's why I've always liked the times where they bring back the winners.

But hey, this guy is cleaning up. Good for him.

Guest enlightenme

He should hit 1 million dollars this week. He is at $930,000 plus right now, and if he keeps on track like he has possible by the end of tuesday........

I thought of Jacob too, especially with the obvious reference to the "Jacob's Ladder Dream" . . . but then I remembered that Jacob meant "supplanter" and then realised it might just be referring to Israel . . . I felt smart for once in my silly little life when I found out I was right! LOL :lol:

Originally posted by Snow@Jul 12 2004, 08:37 PM

Well he's almost at a million.

Today's final Jeopardy was "His name in the Bible means 'strives with God.'"

Like he was going to get it wrong... the other 2 did though, as did I. I said "Jacob" At least I was 50% right.

That's funny...I was yelling 'Jacob' at the screen too. I wondered if they thought we'll throw a Bible question in so the Mormon won't get it. :P:P

The other two weren't even close...

Well he won again tonight.

I was at our Corp offices and walking past someone's cubicle they asked me if I had seen the guy on Jeopardy. I said "the geeky Mormon guy?" Then she sheepishly said that he reminded her of me.

I said, yea, there's a bunch of us like that, it's kind of a thing...

I find it so interesting the support this guy is getting from the mormon world. His winning has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he is mormon, it is simply because he is a smart person. But how most mormons seem to be getting behind him... it's admirable.

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 15 2004, 09:18 AM

I find it so interesting the support this guy is getting from the mormon world. His winning has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he is mormon, it is simply because he is a smart person. But how most mormons seem to be getting behind him... it's admirable.

that is typical of any group. we tend to support those with whom we identify.

Family

ethnicity

religion

high school or college which we attended

well the list could go on and on.

No it isn't. Do you see the White Sepremists cheering for him? Whenever a black person does well do you see a rising of the NAACP? The only reason most people on this board care anything about this guy is because he is mormon and this looks good for your church. I'm not stupid, please don't pretend I am.

I think God is playing Jeopordy through him(hahahahahahahahah....I am so Joking and trust me, my lightning rod is up). That's it, that's how we can settle the truth of Religion, a Jeopordy Showdown between Pres. Hinckley, whatever old fogy they have in as pope now, and the schlepp that is running the circus that is CoC(Crock o' Crap). Course, everyone would call Pres. Hinckley a cheater because all the answers would be coming via inspiration from a perfect being. That is the other thing, Jeopordy wouldn't be that fun beyond the vail. EVERYONE KNOWS THE FREAKIN ANSWERS!!! Keep on truckin Ken, and yes I am all for this guy never losing BECAUSE he is mormon and he has whooped some Catholic *** while he has been on there. If the producers of Jeopordy want to see Ken get beat, bring a Jew on.

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 15 2004, 09:18 AM

Interesting observation. Even more interesting is that I, for example, root for the Utah Jazz. Always - even when playing against Karl Malone and the Lakers. Why? I don't know - I've just always rooted for them. Their roster no longer includes John Stockton or Karl Malone or anybody else from years past (except for that lazy slacker Greg Ostertag) but their my favorite team.

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 15 2004, 02:58 PM

The only reason most people on this board care anything about this guy is because he is mormon and this looks good for your church. I'm not stupid, please don't pretend I am.

Who cares? Is it WRONG to support a MORMON guy??? Heaven forbid we cheer on Steve Young once in a while...sheesh lol

lighten up Trident..you're much more entertaining when you're not so uptight about things...

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 15 2004, 11:58 AM

No it isn't. Do you see the White Sepremists cheering for him? Whenever a black person does well do you see a rising of the NAACP? The only reason most people on this board care anything about this guy is because he is mormon and this looks good for your church. I'm not stupid, please don't pretend I am.
I'm cheering him on because I think he has a lovely brain and he seems like a nice guy. As Snow can attest to "it pays to be a nerd" (or is that geek - I've heard there is a difference). :P

M.

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 15 2004, 11:58 AM

Does anybody even know what Trident's post means?

Maybe the reason the white supremacist aren't cheering for him is because he is not a white supremacist, HELLO.

But now you've gots me ta wundring... how do you know what the white supremacists are cheering for these days?

Originally posted by sgallan@Jul 15 2004, 10:17 AM

He loses today......

porter -

inside information.....

SPOILER

It appears your inside information is incorrect. Add on another $28,000 and he's up to over #1,050,000. Go Ken go...go Ken go!!!!!

M.