Hi! I'm Kevin. I'm an Apostate.

EarthyAngel

Hi Kevin... this is a great site and will continue that way only if people respect one an others beliefs. Everyone can choose their own way of mixing but flaming and other over actions that are against the rules of the site will be taken care of by mods squard. Most here want a calm discusition... you are welcome to keep the rules.:D

Enjoy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kevin,

I wonder if anyone would hate you off the bat...

I found something similar, you looked for 20 years for an all- encompassing religion, like me........

just that my search ended where yours began..

I suppose everyone has that question sometime...

keep looking.............

nice to have you here..

You were "strong"?

You were also rude.

Elphaba

Let me rephrase.

I have been having some reading comprehension problems crop up recently, which make it difficult for me to follow text formatted in certain ways. Particularly, I need text to be broken up into sensible "chunks".

The format of that post by "dazed_and_confused" was extraordinarily difficult for me to process. I had to re-read each phrase over several times. It took me several times longer to get through than if it had contained some standard sentence and paragraph formatting.

I could have easily given up on it, choosing not to read it at all. If I had left it without comment at all, no one would have ever known.

Instead, I chose to honor the poster's intention of sharing a part of his own life's experiences with me. So yes, I was "strong" in that I had to steel my nerve to the task of getting through it all, rather than giving up.

So, your accusation of being "rude" falls on deaf ears here, because I felt I was being particularly considerate by even attempting to read that post.

Thanks,

Kevin

The only problems I have encountered here are when posters will misinterpret what another poster is saying. Like your problem with reading one of the posts. No one knew you had a problem as you explained, but you were jumped on right away.

We all need to remember that what we are trying to say in written words does not always come across the way it was intended.

I welcome your input here.

If we choose to be offended, we will be. Our problem, not your's.;)

The only problems I have encountered here are when posters will misinterpret what another poster is saying. Like your problem with reading one of the posts. No one knew you had a problem as you explained, but you were jumped on right away.

We all need to remember that what we are trying to say in written words does not always come across the way it was intended.

\

Thanks for your welcome.

Unfortunately, it becomes my problem when someone doesn't like what I've said, and interprets their dislike as me violating the rules. Then I'll get smacked by the moderators.

Thanks,

K

Like your problem with reading one of the posts. No one knew you had a problem as you explained, but you were jumped on right away.

Since your comments refer to me, I'd like to take a moment to respond.

AE was not “jumped” on at all. He wrote a rude post, and I immediately responded, telling him so. There was nothing wrong with that, because it was the truth, given the information he had provided up to that moment.

If he had taken the time, in that post, to explain his readability problem, (which was his responsibility, not mine), then of course it would have put everything in its proper context. But he did not, and thus the misunderstanding.

Elphaba

I don't think that I could totally agree with this. I love the idea of giving someone the benefit of the doubt.....but sometimes such jumping is warranted. What I mean is that each poster is responsible for their posts.

If he had taken the time, in that post, to explain his readability problem,

I thought I did... just not to the excruciating (and, in my mind, a bit embarrassing) detail that you seem to have needed.

I said it was difficult to get through the post, did I not?

Rudeness is really kinda subjective, don't you think? Which is most rude...

A-- Me saying I was strong in getting through a post I had difficulty with, or

B-- you jumping on me, which forced me into a situation of having to reveal what might very well be a reading disability?

Benefit of the doubt is a good thing.