Poll for LDS converts

Maya

What were you before you were babtised to LDS??  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What were you before you were babtised to LDS??

• Catholic
    • Protestant (other than, see under)
    • Lutheran
    • Pentecostal
    • Evanceilcal
    • Southern Babtist
    • Anglican
    • Jehowah`s Witness
    • Orthodox (eastern catholic)
    • RLDS
    • Buddhist
    • Hindu
    • Atheist
    • Jewish
    • Islam
    • other

I will take a different tact to this poll. Since I am a 5th generation LDS instead of saying what I was, I will say what I would be if there was no LDS religion. I would be Buddhist for the following reasons (not necessary complete):

1. Buddhism does not have or ever had fundamental problems with the basic truths of science.

2. Buddhism does not create problems over the fundamental beliefs of non-believers.

3. Buddhism has historically brought peace as it has spread into violent cultures where as Christianity has brought violence as it has spread into peaceful cultures.

4. The Buddhist concept of being “aware” of who you are and where you are in respect to other things – both sentient and non-sentient is very appealing to me.

The Traveler

I was born-again evangelical Christian.

Just out of curiosity...do you still consider yourself a "born-again Christian?" Your obviously no longer "evangelical," but there seems to be a variety of responses to this matter of being "born again," amongst your church members.

ummm, I would say I'm 'born again' in the sense that joining the church and coming to Christ gave me a new shot at life... I feel like a totally new person, so I was born again in that sense.

The Christianity I used to subscribe to, however, was so bent on being 'born again bought by the blood of Jesus' that I guess any kind of born again connotation leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

But yes, I totally see what you're saying. In the New Testament it states that we must be born again in Christ in order to truly be his followers, so I think that our type of born again would simply mean full conversion - the desire to do good and live according to Christ's standard.

THIS FROM THE BARNA GROUP:

34% of adult LDS surveyed say they've made a personal commitment to Christ that is important in their life, and also that when they die they know they will go to heaven because they confessed their sins and accepted Christ as their Savior.

30% of Episcopalians said so, and 25% of Catholics.

I would have to say that I believed in Christ although I did not frequented any specific church. We never attended church while growing up although we read the bible at home. So, "Miscellaneous Christian" ?

In my mid twenties, once I made it to the States, I visited many different churches but none for more than 4-5 times. I would have a conversation with the pastor or religious leader about their believes and doctrines. After that, invariably, I would stop going and move on searching for another one. It took me about 7 years.

I would like to know what you were before you were babtised to LDS??

First, Baptist is spelled with a "p", not a "b". (Common mistake).

As a youth I was taken to meetings of the "Primitive Baptist", (fundimentalists), then attended Southern Baptists as an adult. In my mid-thirties I became aware of the existence of the LDS Church.

My wife and I studied and prayed about it for two years. Then in the 1960s we joined and have been very grateful ever since for the missionaries who put so much of their effort toward helping us through our investigation and conversion.

The Lord certainly knew what He was doing when the organized the missionary sytem like it is.

Better wear your Rosary Ceeboo.....I've been praying about you:lol::lol::D

:lol::lol:

My dear friend bytor,

Splendid response :)

Ceeboo has no Rosary, Ceeboo wears the Cross :)

I do appreciate the prayers my friend ( God knows, Ceeboo can use all he can get ):)

Peace,

Ceeboo