Taxi

Dr T

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you don't mind me getting in since I don't know many of ya'll in the cab. Also, Dr. T will you be asking trivia questions for money like that show Cash Cab?

I know you well enough Fugazi - your wife's relatives (is that who it was?) know my sister in law's aunt..... we're practically cousins! :D Jump on in!

Hey ceeboo, TheLutheran wanted to join us, but NOT without you or PrisonChaplain....I wonder why ya'll are afraid of taking a ride with us...:P

It's the brainwashing. They are afraid of the brain washing....... or maybe it is getting hooked on the brownies. Heck, that's why I am a Mormon! At the end of the day, it is all about the refreshments, you know?

Fail.

No Kona, I'm sorry that "Fail" did not paint the Mona Lisa. Please step out of the Taxi. Ok, since I didn't explain how this works I'll give u all a second chance. First tell me where u all are going then I'll ask u a series of questions. For each question u answer correctly u accumulate money. The first questions are relatively easy and they successively get harder as we go. U get three wrong answers and the ride is over and u all need to get out and walk and u get no money. If u are able to answer the questions without 3 wrong then when we get to your destination you get to keep the cash and go on you merry way. Good luck to you all. :)

Welcome to my "love Taxi" CM :) Kona almost made u all walk but maybe he didn't understand. Fugazi wants to answer Leonardo da Vinci as the artist that painted the Mona Lisa. Since I didn't hear anyone else speak up I guess you're all in agreement or at least will accept that answer...Ding ding ding! Fugazi gave the correct answer! That is $ 0.01 for your first answer. (hahahahahaha since I have to pay u guys are not going to make a lot of money on this Taxi ride. I mean, I already to pay for the gas, up-keep, clean the Taxi! Man, what do u all expect?) Ok, the first questions are really worth $10. Well done Fugazi.

The second question is:

True or False, Van Gogh only sold one painting while he was alive.

Ok, ding, ding, ding! Ceeboo, you are correct. True. Van Gogh only sold one painting while alive. U r up to $20. Ok, here is a bonus question as a follow up to the last question. U can all get out now and all pay me $20 each or u can risk it all, yes ALL-all $20 (hahahahahaha) to answer this question. If u get this answer correct you will double the money you've earned so far.

Here is the question: How much did Irises, (one of Van Gogh's paintings) cost in 1987 before being sold three years later (for more) to the Getty in CA?

a. $49.99 plus shipping and handling

b. It was donated by Van Gogh's family

c. $49 M plus 10% to the auction house!

d. $27.5 M