New York Doll

tomxsumm

My dad bought it a few years ago, so I saw it a couple times. It was really interesting, a very stark representation of what the church can do in a person's life. My favorite part was probably the end when one of the fellow band members sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". It was a beautiful rendition which really captured the spirit of the song.

I would recommend that movie.

My brother servied in the LA mission and knew one of the guys that helped the guy in the movie join the church. I don't think I knew what the movie was about going into it, so I was kind of shocked and confused. Once I realized it was a Documentary, and what the full story they are trying to tell it was pretty good. Haven't seen it sense no real reason to.

My dad bought it a few years ago, so I saw it a couple times. It was really interesting, a very stark representation of what the church can do in a person's life. My favorite part was probably the end when one of the fellow band members sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". It was a beautiful rendition which really captured the spirit of the song.

I would recommend that movie.

For those that haven't seen the movie the song referred to comes after the credits roll.

Nothing beats a real-life story of how the gospel reaches into peoples lives, no matter where they have been or who they call friends. Extraordinary piece of work.

...and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.

Here are two links to my blog where you can view the videos:

Movie Trailer and Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief rif

First 8 minutes of the movie

LM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was surfing and came across this movie by total accident. I rememberd the Dolls from way back, (yep, I am that old), while watching the movie I saw Arthur and about fell off my couch when it said that he was a member of the Church.

It is funny when you look at old pictures of him and the dolls. The old then and now pictures speak a thousand words about the gospel, and should also speak to all of us that it never too late. I especially enjoyed the part when the two older ladies who worked with Arthur spoke of him.

One thing that came across loud and clear, Arthur "Killer" Cane was a good Latter Day Saint. God bless him. His story is so inspirational.

• 2 months later...

Hi..

Yeah it was a good movie I saw it a couple of times. It was really interesting, a very stark representation of what the church can do in a person's life. My favorite part was probably the end when one of the fellow band members sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". It was a beautiful rendition which really captured the spirit of the song..movie

with regards

------------

karkate

------------