Word of Wisdom Thoughts...

Moksha

Habanero peppers. Habanero peppers in consort with Mexican Insanity Peppers. These seem to be worthy items for inclusion into the word of wisdom. You might even substitute these Hot items for coffee and tea, since a better case could be made for their inclusion.

Would you include other items?

Habanero peppers. Habanero peppers in consort with Mexican Insanity Peppers. These seem to be worthy items for inclusion into the word of wisdom. You might even substitute these Hot items for coffee and tea, since a better case could be made for their inclusion.

Does it bring anything to the mortal body to maintain a perfect health?

Maybe it's just because you're a pansy when it comes to hot peppers. It's okay, so am I.

Men.

I don't know if I've had mexican 'insanity' peppers before, but I love my spicy food... My idea of bliss is eating a really really hot vindaloo in a well air-conditioned restaurant... because you are perspiring like crazy, but the dry cold air from the air-con is absolutely amazing as it soaks it all up before it becomes droplets.... that crazy feeling of really hot and cold at the same time is indescribable.... gah... making me want some now!!!

Don't try to take my spice away!! I live in a hot climate and need my spicy foods to survive!!!!!!

I don't know you well enough to know if you are kidding or joking, Moksha. If you are joking, then I'm laughing. If you are serious, then I hope you never become our Prophet!!

Janice

Monkey Brains (of course while the poor Monkey is still alive)-- Cows stomach lineing (Tripe) and Rocky Mountain Oysters (Well, we know what those are) should all be included in the WOW, although I do enjoy a little Minudo w/tripe on occassion w/squeezed lemon and onions and of course the side of Fava Beans and a fine Kiante wine.

In China they cut snake into sections and serve it while it still wiggles. They also deep fry half of a fish while it is still alive for a few seconds, then serve it while the mouth and gills are moving--get it while it's fresh. I think these could be borderline inclusions of section 89.

It has been said that a Habanjero pepper is a thousand times hotter than a Jalapeno pepper--I don't know if that's true, but sounds reasonable.

I watched a macho teenager (video) once start chewing a whole fresh Habanjero pepper and seconds later he was screaming bloody murder--It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen--I don't know if he survived or not--it didn't say.

The difference is that the contents of the W of W were given by inspiration and are a commandment. The inclusion of Habenera etc. are not. However, that alone does not prevent one from excersising good judgement.

Word to the wise - don't ever try to include forbidding the partaking of ice cream or cookies, into the W of W, that is when it may start me to consider changing religions.

Hum! Wonder how Haberera Topping would be as an ice cream topping??

Folow me around for a week and then say that. :movies::P

Even Pam, as much as she laughs at me, will tell you how much of a manly man I am. Or not.

It was the "or not" to which I was referring. :)

Funny story...I can handle hot Mexican food. I love it. I served a Spanish speaking mission in California and ate a lot of authentic Mexican food. My husband served in Eastern Europe. He enjoys Mexican food, but more for the flavor than for the heat. One time we went out to a Chipotle-type build-your-own-burrito restaurant, and he ordered the hottest salsa the had on his burrito. As we sat down to eat, he took a huge bite and began chewing. After a few seconds, he paused and I saw his face start to turn red. He began fanning his mouth as he attempted to finish chewing so he could take a drink. I asked him why he ordered the hot salsa when he doesn't really like the heat that much. With tears forming in his eyes, he whispered that he was trying to show off for me. I laughed at him, and I don't let him forget it (hence the re-telling here), but I thought it was really cute. He's never done it again.

Edited by Wingnut

I don't know if I've had Mexican 'insanity' peppers before, but I love my spicy food... My idea of bliss is eating a really really hot vindaloo in a well air-conditioned restaurant...

You point to an important consideration: We should not go overboard in our quest for WoW peculiarity. While those Mexican Insanity Peppers may be useful in soaring above the Sonoran Desert or even baying at the moon, we should by no means overlook the exquisite and quasi-epiphany-like feel of savoring a good vindaloo. That would be the proverbial throwing away the baby with the habanero bath water. That would be like thinking of a Thai Iced Coffee as a hot drink flavored with Mexican Insanity Peppers.

:)

You point to an important consideration: We should not go overboard in our quest for WoW peculiarity. While those Mexican Insanity Peppers may be useful in soaring above the Sonoran Desert or even baying at the moon, we should by no means overlook the exquisite and quasi-epiphany-like feel of savoring a good vindaloo. That would be the proverbial throwing away the baby with the habanero bath water. That would be like thinking of a Thai Iced Coffee as a hot drink flavored with Mexican Insanity Peppers.

:)

I was told that Iced Coffee was against the WoW?? I'm only new in the Chuch but i get so many mixed messages...

Do Mexican insanity peppers actually do that? I thought it was a Simpsons joke :lol: