A mother's love

Guest missingsomething

Guest missingsomething

Ok, so yesterday my motherhood skills were tested to the MAX. My precious, sweet, loving little 4 yr old came home from Nana's house (a Sunday afternoon visit with dinner) a tad bit grumpy and complaining that her tummy hurt. I have literally gotten food poisoning from this woman's chicken 3 times so I do not eat there - but I was at a friend's going away party so I could not save her!

Anyways, she promptly threw up when she got home. I chalked it up to being car sick. Then we did a bath, read books, said prayers, and as I snuggled my sweet girl into her bed... she said her tummy hurt. I told her she would feel better soon - and bent over to kiss her. And just as I bent over... she exploded like poltergeist and THREW UP ON MY FACE. And then all over anything else. I was COVERED.

She slept for a few hours and then got up several more times to throw up. I swear I can STILL smell it in my hair (despite 2 showers).

GO ahead... Laugh...

But Im wondering - what limits have you been pushed to as a parent?!!?!? And can you laugh about it now?:huh::eek::eek:

Guest missingsomething

Ok so at least I'm in good company!

ONLY as a mother could I possibly hope to stand someone throwing up in my face without totally freaking out and throwing up right back at them! lol

Ok, so yesterday my motherhood skills were tested to the MAX. My precious, sweet, loving little 4 yr old came home from Nana's house (a Sunday afternoon visit with dinner) a tad bit grumpy and complaining that her tummy hurt. I have literally gotten food poisoning from this woman's chicken 3 times so I do not eat there - but I was at a friend's going away party so I could not save her!

Anyways, she promptly threw up when she got home. I chalked it up to being car sick. Then we did a bath, read books, said prayers, and as I snuggled my sweet girl into her bed... she said her tummy hurt. I told her she would feel better soon - and bent over to kiss her. And just as I bent over... she exploded like poltergeist and THREW UP ON MY FACE. And then all over anything else. I was COVERED.

She slept for a few hours and then got up several more times to throw up. I swear I can STILL smell it in my hair (despite 2 showers).

GO ahead... Laugh...

But Im wondering - what limits have you been pushed to as a parent?!!?!? And can you laugh about it now?:huh::eek::eek:

I think all parents can relate to your "wonderfull" experiance, but actually i would just be happy that my little baby was doing better now.:)

When my oldest was 3 and my twins were a few months old I got them all to take a nap at the same time. I thought it would be a good time for me to get a nap too.

Big mistake!

My oldest had seen me mop and wax the kitchen floor that morning so when he woke up first he decided to surprise me by making the bathroom floor all nice and shiny like the kitchen.

He used a large jar of vaseline to accomplish his goal. :confused:

Guest missingsomething

When my oldest was 3 and my twins were a few months old I got them all to take a nap at the same time. I thought it would be a good time for me to get a nap too.

Big mistake!

My oldest had seen me mop and wax the kitchen floor that morning so when he woke up first he decided to surprise me by making the bathroom floor all nice and shiny like the kitchen.

He used a large jar of vaseline to accomplish his goal. :confused:

OH I laughed so hard! thanks for sharing.

GO ahead... Laugh...

I sure wish I hadn't been eating lunch when I read this

Admittedly I'm not a mother, and never will be (might be a father some day though), I was watching my nephew once upon a time... *insert flashback graphical effect*

He dirties his diaper and decided that he'll take it off before I have a chance to know that he has done. He walks back into his bedroom and removes it, so far so good in his 3 year old mind. But wait, what is this? He has poop all over his hands from his recent endevour, using all his cognitive power he posses he reaches a brillant conclusion, "I'll wipe it off on something!" he thinks.

Now the only question is, "On what?"

Once against using his native talent and now well honed and experience mind in the field of problem solving he realizes he has a material that will work perfectly, His hair.

At this point I noticed him walking down the hallway buck naked wiping something into his hair, my curiosity piquied I begin to wonder what has led him to such a state as this, there is no worry though, and then my nose catches a sent in the air, faint but familar, it takes a few moments to register. The mind rebels at the evidence mounting against a conclusion it refuses to reach, finally its defenses fail, the conclusion is reached, "Oh no you didn't!"

Not as squicky as the time I caught one of my nephews with a used tampon applicator in their mouth though.

• 9 months later...

Not a parent but you'd be surprised how owning 3 dogs tests one's patience..

Not as squicky as the time I caught one of my nephews with a used tampon applicator in their mouth though.

That's raunchy. Someone needs to take out the trash more often. If the bin is empty—there's nothing to dumpster dive for.

...Eww.:huh:

At least it was just the applicator.

That's raunchy. Someone needs to take out the trash more often. If the bin is empty—there's nothing to dumpster dive for.

Hey, don't look at me, I don't use the things. And for some reason my Mother and Sisters weren't in the habit of announcing to me they just used a tampon and I needed to take out the bathroom trash. :)

Edited by Dravin

My granddaughter 3 years old come sfrom toilet... naked... quicly seh puts her hands behind her back adn looks very quilty. She takes a few steps thowards me as I stand by te doorway to the livingroom. He mom comes to teh livingroom door. "O-o what do you have in your hand?" I ask. She looks at me and mom with her beautiful oriental eyes, shakes her head then hands ove a spoon to em and says: Dont taste poo, poo not god.

When her mom was little I was doing some mother baby gym with her adn I was having her lying on my feet, lifting her up and down with my feet. She was laughing hard adn I was landing her over my head... that was when I was young and streach... now I am only young... well suddenly I got something wet and warm all over my face and trough my open mouth...

When my oldest son was born first thing he did when he came out and they showed him to me... hanging on the string... he pied on me!