Kidnapping And Murder

Guest antishock82003

Guest antishock82003

A little girl was kidnapped in Florida on Sunday. Her body was found behind a church today or yesterday. She was probably raped. She probably suffered greatly in her last hours alive. How could a just, loving, merciful God allow such a thing to happen?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Starsky

It all comes down to whether or not you understand the purpose of this life's experience.

When someone dies like that little girl, people will react in one of two ways. They will either curse God and get really angry and frustrated, or they will feel the sorrow in their hearts for the evil that seems to prey on the innocent and start working towards making the world around them a better place.

The difference between these two groups is their understanding of what life is all about.

These two perspectives reminds me of that part in the movie It's a Wonderful Life where George sees the run on the banks and finds that his own patrons are getting all caught up in the frenzied fear of the 'bank patrons'.

He says: "You people are looking at this thing all wrong"...and they were. They were looking at it from the 'bank mentality' rather than the 'co-op' mentality.

The bank mentality was all about "me". While the co-op mentality was all about helping each other to keep moving forward ...no matter what happened.

This life is supposed to be a 'co-op' experience. All of us being one in Christ carrying each other's burdens and in the process becoming stronger and more loving and giving.

If everything was peachy for everyone all the time, there would be no 'opportunity' for carrying others burdens and gaining that strength and compassion and depth.

It would be like someone trying to get muscles while just lazying around on the couch watching tv all the time.

There is also the purpose of endurance....gaining the prize after the 'test' ...winning the good fight...

If all was rosy....there would be no winning ....just wasting away. It is in the opposition, hardships, trials that growth is made...strength is gained to do more.

Futile

How could a just, loving, merciful God allow such a thing to happen?

Instead of blaming God, why don't you blame the guy who actually committed the crime. Your priorities are FUBAR.

Kind of reminds me about the types of people that ask "why doesn't God help the homeless", as they walk by them on the street without giving them a dime. Or "why does God allow children to suffer", while we flip the channel from World Vision to the SuperBowl. How some people see the world baffles my mind.

Guest antishock82003

Why would a god create a reality in which homelessness is an option, or murder, or destitution? What can He possibly hope to accomplish by creating suffering? The Mormons have the mindset that that all these things are for "experience" relating to our eternal progression. That's BS. Why is it that some have to experience and not everyone? Why is that some have to suffer while others have it relatively easy? If the Mormon god's intent was to create other gods who would create other gods (so on and so forth) why didn't He just create them instead of creating this fantastically tricky and convoluted process that is rife with inequity? That little girl was murdered, and probably raped (sheer speculation and I'm sorry for disrespecting her and her memory to make a point). What "experience" could she possibly have gleaned from that suffering that would help her in the eternities? If these "experiences" are so valuable, how come we all don't have to "experience" them? All I see is a bitterly unjust moment in a chaotic world. And if there is a god behind, either actively pulling strings or passively standing by (passing up the beggar so to speak), then I curse Him. That sweet little girl didn't deserve that "experience". It's a shame.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by antishock82003@Feb 6 2004, 09:52 AM

Why would a god create a reality in which homelessness is an option, or murder, or destitution?  What can He possibly hope to accomplish by creating suffering?  The Mormons have the mindset that that all these things are for "experience" relating to our eternal progression.  That's BS.  Why is it that some have to experience and not everyone?  Why is that some have to suffer while others have it relatively easy?  If the Mormon god's intent was to create other gods who would create other gods (so on and so forth) why didn't He just create them instead of creating this fantastically tricky and convoluted process that is rife with inequity?  That little girl was murdered, and probably raped (sheer speculation and I'm sorry for disrespecting her and her memory to make a point).  What "experience" could she possibly have gleaned from that suffering that would help her in the eternities?  If these "experiences" are so valuable, how come we all don't have to "experience" them?  All I see is a bitterly unjust moment in a chaotic world.  And if there is a god behind, either actively pulling strings or passively standing by (passing up the beggar so to speak), then I curse Him.  That sweet little girl didn't deserve that "experience".  It's a shame.

What kind of world and purpose in that world would you create AS?

What kind of world are you creating right now, right here? What do you do to bring a lovely rosy place for the Mormons to come to???

You in your own way like to spiritually rape the mormon people every day right here. So what kind of a God allows people like you to come and spiritual rape and murder us? (those of us who are like children and can't defend ourselves against hard people like you?)

You are part of that ugly world AS....and you don't realize it.

Guest curvette

I can't even blame God for this. I'm just completely sick at heart for this poor little girl and her family. There are monsters out there. There are good people out there. All we can do is try to protect our children, try to contribute to social programs to help our society from spawning these monsters, and hope the problem improves. It's so much more complicated than just: "It's God's fault."

Guest antishock82003

Originally posted by Spencer@Feb 6 2004, 10:29 AM

Because God is not the only one who can tempt.

Free Agency + Satan's temptation = situations like this.

You know the answer to this question, so come out with your point already.

Spencer

Who created Satan? Who created Man? Who created the scenario in which the two would come together? Please answer my question: How could a <span style=\'color:red\'>just, loving, merciful God allow such a thing to happen?

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by antishock82003+Feb 6 2004, 10:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (antishock82003 @ Feb 6 2004, 10:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Spencer@Feb 6 2004, 10:29 AM

Because God is not the only one who can tempt.

Free Agency + Satan's temptation = situations like this.

You know the answer to this question, so come out with your point already.

Spencer

Who created Satan? Who created Man? Who created the scenario in which the two would come together? Please answer my question: How could a <span style=\'color:red\'>just, loving, merciful God allow such a thing to happen?

You have been answered....You know the answer...like Spencer asked...what is your agenda...more spiritual rape?

Guest antishock82003

Originally posted by Spencer@Feb 6 2004, 10:38 AM

Chill, i did answer your question, no reason to have a hissy fit if you dont want to accept it.

Spencer,

Try using your noggin' for once. I'll make this really easy for you. If I had crayon I'd use it...

To answer a question it is necessary to answer its content.

So. Here we go:

Q: How could a just, loving, merciful God allow such a thing to happen?

Let's break this down for the "special" ones here...

How was this JUST?

How was this LOVING?

How was this MERCIFUL?

Peace,

I feel bad that you feel raped by my behavior. That's a horrible thing. While I won't change my style, I hope that you won't feel the equivalent emotional duress of rape every time I post. If you continue to feel that way, please, for the sake of your emotional well-being, do not read or respond to any of my posts. Seriously.

If you're not really feeling that way. Then I think you are a horrible person for equating the two, and denigrating a real and painful experience that many men and women have endured.

Please address the question, or don't post any more on this thread.

How could a just, loving, merciful God allow such a thing to happen?

I'm not blaming God

Then what exactly are you doing?

I have noticed how you don't appear to be too concerned about the person who actually raped and killed the girl in question. You are more concerned with your hatred of God then with how evil man can be.

Guest antishock82003

Originally posted by Spencer@Feb 6 2004, 10:56 AM

Hey AS, Try using you heart for once?

the answer to your question,

because it was not OF God.

Spencer

But your god created the whole mess.

Guest Starsky

I feel bad that you feel raped by my behavior. That's a horrible thing. While I won't change my style, I hope that you won't feel the equivalent emotional duress of rape every time I post. If you continue to feel that way, please, for the sake of your emotional well-being, do not read or respond to any of my posts. Seriously.

Indeed I do. And as to reading your posts...it is impossible to keep the continuity of a thread and still ignore your posts because all the responses are to your posts.

I agree with every one else who has posted here...you don't seem to be hearing anything anyone here is saying to you. You just dumbly keep asking the same questions )which have already been answered) over and over again.

That is not only rapage, but pillage as well.

AS~

You ask how a just, loving, merciful God allow such a thing to happen?

How could the same loving, mericiful God allow His only begotten son to die such a horrible death?

I hate to answer a question with a question, but that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

I think that sometimes people forget that God isn't the only ruling force on this world, evil forces are also here for the weak and the injust. Don't you think that God cringes with agony when someone chooses those evil forces and hurts someone like that?

There are many things that we can not understand and will not understand until such a time when they are revealed to us. That's all I know, and all I can understand when I have the same kind of questions......You're not alone with wondering WHY!

My heart is just sick knowiing that there are people like that left alive in this world, and even worse knowing that the man was aquitted from grabbing a woman and let walk. :angry: Sick sick demented people .

Our thoughts and prayers should be with the girls family and with the family of the pervert who did it. The man had children of his own.....my heart cries for the children who have to live with the knowledge of this forever as much as for the loss of the girls family. :(

Guest antishock82003

Originally posted by Peace@Feb 6 2004, 11:06 AM

Indeed I do. And as to reading your posts...it is impossible to keep the continuity of a thread and still ignore your posts because all the responses are to your posts.

I agree with every one else who has posted here...you don't seem to be hearing anything anyone here is saying to you. You just dumbly keep asking the same questions )which have already been answered) over and over again.

That is not only rapage, but pillage as well.

I think you're a sick woman. And bitter. Which is strange. Because your religion is supposed to fundamentally change a person. Please don't respond to any more of my posts.

Spencer,

You're not answering the question. The answer "free agency" does nothing for me. A "free agent" plays professional sports. "Free agency" means that that Pro gets to market his talents to the highest bidder. The term you're using has no relevance to me.

How can a god who is purported to be Loving, Just, and Merciful allow this scenario to play out? How was this scenario loving, just, and merciful?

Guest antishock82003

Originally posted by lindy9556@Feb 6 2004, 11:08 AM

I think that sometimes people forget that God isn't the only ruling force on this world, evil forces are also here for the weak and the injust. Don't you think that God cringes with agony when someone chooses those evil forces and hurts someone like that?

So, are you saying your god can't control what happens here on earth, or that he refuses to intervene?

Guest antishock82003

Originally posted by Spencer@Feb 6 2004, 11:18 AM

If youre not going to listen, im not going to respond.

Spencer

Well, thank Mithra...maybe there is a god after all...

Because a just, loving, merciful God would NEVER take away our free agency.

The innocent may suffer so that the wicked will be punished. Bad things happen to good people. I do think it's a horrible story, but there are 1000's like it every day all across the world. Why don't you mention those?

Originally posted by antishock82003+Feb 6 2004, 11:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (antishock82003 @ Feb 6 2004, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@Feb 6 2004, 11:08 AM

I think that sometimes people forget that God isn't the only ruling force on this world, evil forces are also here for the weak and the injust.  Don't you think that God cringes with agony when someone chooses those evil forces and hurts someone like that?

So, are you saying your god can't control what happens here on earth, or that he refuses to intervene?

AS~ I'm not God...I don't know what is in His mind or what actions He will take in any given situation.

It's really easy to blame God for things that don't go right, and yes, it is really hard sometimes to try to understand the reason behind the crimes committed. I can't answer your question, I don't think anyone really can....Because we are not God, and I think that only He would be able to tell you what you want to know.

I'm sorry I couldn't help. That question is just to ambiguous to try to answer.