Anyone Watch the New Easter Video Posted at LDS.org?

That thought came to me as well. On Saturday I tried to find a song I hadn't heard since I was a little boy--Via Dolorosa--and came across a

with footage from Gibson's movie (which I have not seen) set against the song as background.

Definitely not the portrayal of the Crucifixion that I'm used to seeing. That said, the footage in the Easter video comes from The Testaments--a movie I find problematic on a multitude of levels. I much prefer The Lamb of God.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Some criticize Mel Gibson's cinematic meditation on the Passion for being too graphic. While the Easter video clip was sweet, and poignant, perhaps it was too sanitary?

There were some good points made in the movie the Passion of the Christ. One major disappointing factor was the 60 second clip of the Resurrection and the unbalanced focus on His mother Mary. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ was very important. Why would you only show a one minute clip of this in a 126 minute film?

There were some good points made in the movie the Passion of the Christ. One major disappointing factor was the 60 second clip of the Resurrection and the unbalanced focus on His mother Mary. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ was very important. Why would you only show a one minute clip of this in a 126 minute film?

Many have criticized this factor. I have three thoughts:

1. Gibson wanted to focus on Jesus' suffering, his passion for us. This was a Good Friday film, not an Easter one.

2. Gibson is Catholic, after all--so the focus on Mary is understandable. I didn't find it obsessive or overly distracting.

3. Ironically, the 60-second resurrection shows just how quickly the Son of God's suffering turned to victory. In a moment, God the Father trumps the seeming defeat of hours of torturous humiliation.

Guest bobby292929
Hidden

I grew up mormon in sandy city utah. It is a distructive cult and its negative affects on society, especially women. Mormonism is an infectious disease that needs to be whiped out.. VISIT:

Facts Mormons won't tell you.

many mormons don't know any better. many were never taught, any form of rationalization They only know how to blindly adhere to mental slavery