What to study next?

Seanette

My current Scripture study plan is one chapter of the Book of Mormon a day, one section of the D&C a day (I'm on the second trip through that this year), and a topical study.

So far on that, I've done the Gospel Fundamentals manual (IMO best suited to younger students or people for whom English is not a primary language), the Gospel Principles manual, and am about to finish the "Doctrines of the Gospel" Institute manual for the second time (first time, some stuff didn't get quite as much attention as I felt I should have given it, so I repeated).

Now I'm trying to decide what my next topical study will be. I do have access to all the current Seminary/Institute manuals, and plan to go through the D&C Seminary manual again later in the year and do the activities (right now, I'm mostly using it as a commentary with my daily section). I'm also considering the book "21 Days Closer to Christ". I kind of need to decide in the next couple of days, since my current topical concludes tomorrow (Monday). :D

Suggestions or comments? I'm home full-time at present and am a fast reader, in case that's useful to know about me. :)

Well, in the absence of better ideas ;), I decided to do a chapter a day of Talmage's "Articles of Faith" (24 days for that). Still need to figure out what comes after that.

Much to my relief, Mobipocket says that book is in my e-book library. My print copy is a paperback, from an older version of the Missionary Reference Library, and is smaller print than my eyes are happy with (must come up with the money for new glasses sometime!).

My current Scripture study plan is one chapter of the Book of Mormon a day, one section of the D&C a day (I'm on the second trip through that this year), and a topical study.

So far on that, I've done the Gospel Fundamentals manual (IMO best suited to younger students or people for whom English is not a primary language), the Gospel Principles manual, and am about to finish the "Doctrines of the Gospel" Institute manual for the second time (first time, some stuff didn't get quite as much attention as I felt I should have given it, so I repeated).

Now I'm trying to decide what my next topical study will be. I do have access to all the current Seminary/Institute manuals, and plan to go through the D&C Seminary manual again later in the year and do the activities (right now, I'm mostly using it as a commentary with my daily section). I'm also considering the book "21 Days Closer to Christ". I kind of need to decide in the next couple of days, since my current topical concludes tomorrow (Monday). :D

Suggestions or comments? I'm home full-time at present and am a fast reader, in case that's useful to know about me. :)

Learn the Atonement....;)

Well, in the absence of better ideas ;), I decided to do a chapter a day of Talmage's "Articles of Faith" (24 days for that). Still need to figure out what comes after that.

Much to my relief, Mobipocket says that book is in my e-book library. My print copy is a paperback, from an older version of the Missionary Reference Library, and is smaller print than my eyes are happy with (must come up with the money for new glasses sometime!).

articles of faith is a good book and so is Jesus the Christ by James E talmage..

Doctrines of salvation Joseph F Smith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

all the advice given above is great! Those are all wonderfull books that have enriched my own testimony of the Savior. but I would really encourage you to take the time to study the Old Testmanet. This is a book that I think is a litle unerrated in the light of all of other cannonical scriptures. But there is so much we can learn about Covenants and the Atonement of Christ from the Old Testamnet. I encourage you to study that ASAP!~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

all the advice given above is great! Those are all wonderfull books that have enriched my own testimony of the Savior. but I would really encourage you to take the time to study the Old Testmanet. This is a book that I think is a litle unerrated in the light of all of other cannonical scriptures. But there is so much we can learn about Covenants and the Atonement of Christ from the Old Testamnet. I encourage you to study that ASAP!~

I completely agree with you on that. Next year we are going to teach from the Old Testament in Gospel Doctrine, so we should read the scripture that is being taught in Church.

On the Churches website, lds.org, you can search for different subjects, like Atonement, and read all the different articles on the subject. You can also go to www.gospelink.com, which is owned by Desseret Book, it has hundreds of LDS books, it also has the ability to search for topics, not only for its own site, but for lds.org, and BYU’s ‘speeches’ site. You have to pay for access, but it is well worth it.