Adultery Made Easy

pam

didn't read the article but i saw a commercial for the site... it took me a sec and i kept thinking "was that commercial for what i thought it was?" lol the second time i saw it i realized it was. it's a sad world when that kind of thing is publicized that way, like it's all good.

It makes me so sad. I wonder if some people understand what marriage is. For better or worse, sickness or health for eternity. For heavens sake if your that selfish I don't see how a marriage can survive. I don't understand how you could hurt someone you love like that. I have been married for 24 yrs and something like that would cause untold damage to our marriage. It seems like satan is really pushing sin harder than ever before.:huh:

Cheating 2.0: New AshleyMadison Apps Make Adultery Even Easier - TIME

Modern technology is wonderful but to what extent?

Modern technology simply facilitates the wants of the people. People obviously want adultery or there wouldn't be an app for it. I think it would be far more productive to investigate why people want it in the first place rather than point the finger at technology for making it easier.

Modern technology simply facilitates the wants of the people. People obviously want adultery or there wouldn't be an app for it. I think it would be far more productive to investigate why people want it in the first place rather than point the finger at technology for making it easier.

You are correct, the iPhone and Blackberry, don't share any blame in this, no more than the USPS and the telephone company did in the past (and still do). That said, I think there is enough to go around that we can be astounded at both the people committing adultery and the folks making money facilitating it. Kinda like how you can point at the pimp, the prostitute and a john and think, "That is not good."

So in conclusion:

Its sad that people commit adultery.

Its sad that somebody has a business model built around facilitating such (whether the old fashion pimp or a matching service).

Technology does what you tell it to, good or bad.

You are correct that studying the root cause/doing something is more effective than pointing fingers and being amazed that people would do something but that's true of pretty much anything.

I'm sure we're nearing the end of this stage of existence. Frankly, since we know from prophecy it'll just keep getting worse, the Millennium can't come soon enough for me. No, I'm nowhere near as perfected as I'd like to be (not sure I'll make it past terrestrial), but I'm not sure how much "worse" can be endured.

I think that you and Pam are both right. It's not technology that is the problem, but the people who are willing to do evil things in pursuit of a dollar.

And it is the people who would use this app, because they don't value what marriage is or what it could be.

Biderman offers no apologies. "Humans aren't meant to be monogamous," he says. So would this free-thinking CEO mind if his own wife used his site? "I would be devastated," he says.

I find this highly ironic, he has no problem running this company that is based around creating such pain and enabling such deep sin. And yet if his wife used his site he would be devastated. Makes me wonder about such a man.