Favorite Movie lines

pam

We were having fun in another thread that we kind of hijacked going over the lines from the movie Airplane.

What's your favorite movie lines? Let's keep them PG-13 and under.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You've made your decision then?

Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Vizzini: Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?

Man in Black: Australia.

Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're just stalling now.

Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.

Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!

Man in Black: Then make your choice.

Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?

Vizzini: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]

Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.

Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.

Man in Black, Vizzini: [they drink ]

Man in Black: You guessed wrong.

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]

It's the ending scene, and Doc Savage has saved the world, yet again. He stands with a beautiful, buxom gal, who looks into his eyes with longing and hope, yet sadness. He's explained that since he is in constant danger, they can't possibly be together. He looks carefully into her eyes, and the audience awaits, expecting the obligatory goodbye kiss.

He closes in on her, bunches his fist and gently taps her cheek and says, "I knew you'd understand. You're a brick." And he just walks away...

When Chekhov saw the long winter he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life.

But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth

of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter.

I think everything must go back to the fact I had a very anxious childhood. You know, my mother never had time for me. You know, when you're the middle child in a family of five million, you don't get any attention.

Antz

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

-Fight Club

A Revolution without dancing is a Revolution not worth having.

-V for Vendetta

While I'm at it, why don't I just shoot my buddy, take his job and give it to his sworn enemy, hike up oil prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hashpipe, and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

-Good Will Hunting

I say you are the Messiah. And I should know, I've followed a few.

-Life of Brian

I'm no martyr. I did it for the money. But it's not worth much if you can't face yourself in the mirror. Respect is the ultimate currency.

-Inside Man

It's the ending scene, and Doc Savage has saved the world, yet again. He stands with a beautiful, buxom gal, who looks into his eyes with longing and hope, yet sadness. He's explained that since he is in constant danger, they can't possibly be together. He looks carefully into her eyes, and the audience awaits, expecting the obligatory goodbye kiss.

He closes in on her, bunches his fist and gently taps her cheek and says, "I knew you'd understand. You're a brick." And he just walks away...

That's an obscure one... but I remember it.

Barney: You're afraid to tell Wilma, aren't you?

Fred: Afraid? Now let's get this straight, Rubble. I don't need permission from my wife to make a decision. In my cave, I reign supreme. SUPREME!

Barney: I won't tell her, Fred.

Fred: Thanks pal.

Not a movie..but I remembered it for some reason so had to go look it up.

This is not about the chinaman! This is about drawing a line in the sand! Across this line, you do not cross! Across this line... Oh, and Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

-The Big Lebowski