Where Are You Going

Churchmouse

There was a thread recently asking where we have been. How about where are we going?

There are plenty of places I want to go, but my top four, not in order of importance, are

1. The Laurel & Hardy Museum in Harlem, Georgia. Can't help myself. I think they are the funniest comedy duo of all time.

2. The Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. Wanted to see it since I saw the Walt Disney movie "Davy Crockett" nearly fifty years ago.

3. The Redwood trees in northern California

4. The monument at Little Bighorn Montana. Someone with my last name was with old Custer that fateful day.

Where are three or four places you'd like to visit before you turn your toes to the sky?

I have already been everywhere I have desired to go. For now I look forward to mostly to being among saints and in holy places of which I have discovered many.

The Traveler

They say you know you're getting old when you began replacing regrets for dreams. I wonder if they applies to already being everywhere you ever wanted to go:):)

The redwoods are awesome. I'm right smack in the middle of them.

I would like to do a coast to coast trip of the United States in an RV. Places I'm interested in visiting, but don't feel a huge urge to visit are Croatia and Namibia. I'd also like to see the Northern Lights, and Alaska seems interesting, so perhaps combine the two?

I would love to hit every Disney park. I live very near Disneyland, and I am hooked. So I have to go to Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disney and Disneyland Tokyo. Of course, I will spend an extra week visiting the cities as well (well, maybe not Orlando).

I'll be at Disneyland next month. :)

Well seeing how I grew up in San Diego, and we went about 3 times a year, probably not. But thanks for the offer. Plus I have 2 friends that work there, one of whom is getting me in for 4 days free. This friend is someone I met on the old old version of ldstalk which is now lds.net years ago.

My top 4:)

I really want to go to Europe. I have an unique (at least here in the states) last name my great great grandfather brought over that happens to be an exclusive, and expensive automobile manufacture. I would like to see how rare it is there and see if i can get a family discount:)

Edited by hordak

Ooh, I forgot about Wall Drug! It is an apparently mega-overhyped tourist attraction in South Dakota, which really isn't that fun at all, so I have decided I want to see it, just to see for myself if it's fun or not. :D

(No offense to anyone who may have gone there and enjoyed it. I just thought it was funny how much they hype it apparently lol.)

They say you know you're getting old when you began replacing regrets for dreams. I wonder if they applies to already being everywhere you ever wanted to go:):)

I have spent a great deal of my life traveling, both for business and pleasure. If it wasn’t for restraints, hotels, rental cars, airplanes, taxies, trains, boats, and busses – traveling would not be all that bad.

I would rather have a home cooked meal than eat at any restraint. I would rather bicycle on a country road or back pack in the Uinta mountains or sky Alta near my home than attend a theater on Broadway, visit some new city full of tourist, wait in line at an amusement park.

It is not so much that I have not liked traveling or meeting new people – it is just that I have discovered that where ever I go I always long to return home. I have no regrets – nothing left undone. And yes I am looking forward to returning to my real home with my Father in heaven. I am dying to return. :)

The Traveler