Are you flippin kidding me???????

bytor2112

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and excatly what did you get taught about the president of the united states when you were a child in school, To disrepect him? Come on bytor, maybe if you could spend as much time espuosing the gospel as you do bashing the president; you might gain some very insightfull blessings in your life.:)

and excatly what did you get taught about the president of the united states when you were a child in school, To disrepect him?

I don't remember ever singing about the president, praising his words. I remember singing a song about all the presidents (from Washington to Clinton) commemorating major events of their presidency- but Obama's only been in office for 9 months!!

Come on bytor, maybe if you could spend as much time espuosing the gospel as you do bashing the president; you might gain some very insightfull blessings in your life.:)

This is profoundly rude. The smilie face doesn't help. Maybe you didn't mean it to sound rude and arrogant, but it does.

More creepy, I would say.

Kids have an unquestioned acceptance. This, and I hesitate saying this because I can just sense the crazy that is going to come out of this, feels more like singing about Mao Tse Tung than it does a President.

The democratic process requires a questioning mind rather than unquestioned acceptance.

the first kid, then said as a group...

he said that all must lend a hand to make this country strong again

mmm, mmm, mmm! barack hussein obama

he said we must be clear today equal work means equal pay

he said we must take a stand to make sure everyone gets a chance

he said red yellow black or white all are equal in his sight

yes

a song that followed that i didn't write

when i was in school we did programs that talked about all the presidents, the accomplishments of past presidents, very little about the current other than who he was. i think this seems a little over the top.

unless.... i can see a copy of the program they did last yr... if they did just as specific and specialized stuff for bush and the ones before and this over the top for the current pres is a tradition in their school being taken out of context... then shame on the person who posted it.

it's not the only the pres that schools may be indoctrinating your child with. my kids come home talking about global warming and recycling religiously.... now don't misunderstand me i'm all for taking care of the planet and teaching kids... but we have to do it in context. for example in our small town very little can truly be recycled. we have a paper company here, they don't do recycle paper (food grade). they were bought by a company that has many many recycle plants. when they re did all the stationary and sample boards, etc with the new company's name they threw out all the old stuff with the old company logo. i had to laugh and i asked my husband, why didn't they ship it all off to one of their recycle plants, free stock right? nope, it would cost them to much to get trucks and gas, etc to transport it than they would gain in the "free stock" for the recycle plant. especially when you are talking about paper that is biodegradable anyway. instead some of the employes brought it home, we ended up with a lot (great boxes and cardstock for kids activities) and the rest was tossed. companies have to make decisions, sometimes it's not practical. if you live near a recycle plant great, do it, but if you live in places where it will cost more to transport it to a plant than good you do for the environment that becomes a more difficult situation. so my kids come home and harass me about not recycling when it's not rational. very annoying.

the first kid, then said as a group...

he said that all must lend a hand to make this country strong again

he said we must be clear today equal work means equal pay

he said we must take a stand to make sure everyone gets a chance

he said red yellow black or white all are equal in his sight

yes

a song that followed that i didn't write

"Alas Babylon, praises to their king” ^_^

"Red and yellow, black or white, they are precious in his sight;

Jesus loves the little children of the world!"

and excatly what did you get taught about the president of the united states when you were a child in school, To disrepect him? Come on bytor, maybe if you could spend as much time espuosing the gospel as you do bashing the president; you might gain some very insightfull blessings in your life.:)

Hey jadams....it's not bashing if it's true and this post isn't about the President, it's about some teachers that are out of line.

I'm not sure what "espuosing" is..:huh:...but I have many rich blessings in my life. Enjoy your Kool-aid!!

Well Gwen if that is the song the ideas it puts forth are pretty good. I would guess the obama part was to give them an easy chorus to remember.

It was probably illadvised but I dont really see anything horrendous about it.

When I was a kid my brother whispered to me that his teacher told him that we were to watch out for pinkos and fellow travelers. I asked what those were then told him I didnt know anyone like that. He then told me that it was our responsibility to watch out for anyone who said anything that might be pinko. In fact his teacher told her students that the kids were to hide under the bed and listen to our parents and their friends and then report to the proper authorities if they heard anything suspicious.

Now we lived in a very small town and even now I doubt there are any pinkos here. Unless its me and my husband and I dont regard us as anything like that.

Now on a comparative scale which do you think is worth of worrying about? The song or the idea that kids should spy on their parents and friends?

Well Gwen if that is the song the ideas it puts forth are pretty good. I would guess the obama part was to give them an easy chorus to remember.

Yes... I'm sure. Because something else, like "We'll change the world!" or some other platitude wouldn't work- it just happens to be the name of the most liberal president in recent history.

It was probably illadvised but I dont really see anything horrendous about it.

When I was a kid my brother whispered to me that his teacher told him that we were to watch out for pinkos and fellow travelers. I asked what those were then told him I didnt know anyone like that. He then told me that it was our responsibility to watch out for anyone who said anything that might be pinko. In fact his teacher told her students that the kids were to hide under the bed and listen to our parents and their friends and then report to the proper authorities if they heard anything suspicious.

Now we lived in a very small town and even now I doubt there are any pinkos here. Unless its me and my husband and I dont regard us as anything like that.

Now on a comparative scale which do you think is worth of worrying about? The song or the idea that kids should spy on their parents and friends?

So, the missteps of this generation are okay because they're supposedly not as bad as the missteps of previous generations?

The lesser of two evils... is still evil.

Well, I've said I disagree with this, but I have to say: I don't think it's evil, Maxel.

I think it's painfully stupid and awkward and, if I were a parent, I would ask that my child not have to sing a song about the wondrous perfection of any political leader. That's just asking for trouble.

No government can be a cult of personality. Looking to a single mortal man to change the world in a democratic world is wrong-headed and ignorant. It suggests that laziness and a lack of personal accountability is the right way to look at things.

Yes... I'm sure. Because something else, like "We'll change the world!" or some other platitude wouldn't work- it just happens to be the name of the most liberal president in recent history.

So, the missteps of this generation are okay because they're supposedly not as bad as the missteps of previous generations?

The lesser of two evils... is still evil.

Well, I've said I disagree with this, but I have to say: I don't think it's evil, Maxel.

I think it's painfully stupid and awkward and, if I were a parent, I would ask that my child not have to sing a song about the wondrous perfection of any political leader. That's just asking for trouble.

No government can be a cult of personality. Looking to a single mortal man to change the world in a democratic world is wrong-headed and ignorant. It suggests that laziness and a lack of personal accountability is the right way to look at things.

It encourages a zombie-like acceptance of a political figure. At the same time, the underlying agenda of those pushing many items those children sang about are far from godly agendas. All things ultimately have two sources: Christ or the devil. What is not of Christ is not godly and not good; it is therefore evil.

That's how I look at the world, anyway. However, my comment was mainly to recast the issue in the context of a common English saying.

I agree with everything else you said.

It encourages a zombie-like acceptance of a political figure. At the same time, the underlying agenda of those pushing many items those children sang about are far from godly agendas. All things ultimately have two sources: Christ or the devil. What is not of Christ is not godly and not good; it is therefore evil.

That's how I look at the world, anyway. However, my comment was mainly to recast the issue in the context of a common English saying.

I agree with everything else you said.

Whoah... I just got owned in this argument. Whether a little evil or a big evil, it's evil.

So yes: I will agree with you on this one. Mindless political acceptance of one personality paves the way for mindless political acceptance of a far darker agenda.