Robert Langdon

Jamie123

Am I the only person who thinks that Professor Robert Langdon (of Harvard University no less) is not as bright as he's cracked up to be? He seems to be always missing the most obvious clues, and making absurd assumptions. ("Turn the paper upside down, you idiot!")

I'm only half way through The Lost Symbol (having read The Da Vince Code and Angels and Demons) so please don't tell me how it ends - though I expect a typically Scooby-Dooish conclusion.

It's not a bad yarn though - it keeps you turning the pages!

Am I the only person who thinks that Professor Robert Langdon (of Harvard University no less) is not as bright as he's cracked up to be? He seems to be always missing the most obvious clues, and making absurd assumptions. ("Turn the paper upside down, you idiot!")

I'm only half way through The Lost Symbol (having read The Da Vince Code and Angels and Demons) so please don't tell me how it ends - though I expect a typically Scooby-Dooish conclusion.

It's not a bad yarn though - it keeps you turning the pages!

I won't tell you how it ends, but I will say this. It drags on way too long after the conclusion.

And yes, he does strike me as a bit of a twit that way, but he knows his stuff, if he was a real person.:lol:

This was my least favorite of the 3. Angels and Demons was just awesome. This was good for all the masonic stuff that was in it. Learned a bunch, but of course you never know if it is all true or not. There is a ton of tie-in with King Follet doctrine in the book that I found very cool.

Won't go into anything at the end, but it will keep you going.

I'm about half way through the book, it is a page turner but certainly no literary classic, I also find the Masonic stuff interesting. I find myself Googling certain places and bits of information to see if theyr'e true or not.

If I learned nothing else from this book I learned that (don't worry, not a spoiler) there's a Darth Vader gargoyle on the National Cathedral.

I'm about half way through the book, it is a page turner but certainly no literary classic, I also find the Masonic stuff interesting. I find myself Googling certain places and bits of information to see if theyr'e true or not.

If I learned nothing else from this book I learned that (don't worry, not a spoiler) there's a Darth Vader gargoyle on the National Cathedral.

I read that as well, and the next time I visit the National Cathedral, I'm going to look for that Darth Vader gargoyle. I thought the story was interesting, but it dragged on after the conclusion a bit.

I finished the book in two days, and thought it was actually pretty good, but I'm sure that's because I had extremely low expectations.

I did get tired of the formulaic "I don't see it!" followed by the dramatic "How could I have missed it?!"

But as Nancy says it's a story, and when you approach the book with that in mind, and perhaps low expectations as I did, you might find it to be a good yarn.

Yeah, I thought he was a kook to have been a professor of Religious Symbology at Harvard University... I mean, for a supposedly factual based book (Da Vinci Code) you would think he would be a professor of a REAL college department...