Quick description needed...

superdad69

Well not too quick. I just want an explanation of what LDS members believe in. I have got all kinds of stuff off the internet but can't seem to get any ONE solid answer. They say a lot of mean stuff about you guys and I don't wanna do that. I wanna be as unbiased as I can. So if you can a quick run down of EXACTLY what you believe and why. If you would like an example of what I mean here is the one I did on Christianity. Feel free to critique it if you want and even help edit. I don't mind. I may be wrong. I have some of the Islamic faith and others as well. I hope to get a collection of them. So if you have the time and can consolidate your beliefs in to a quick factual statement I would Greatly appreciate it. This is one of the answers that i've had given to me so far. http://www.lds.net/forums/general-discussion/27040-unitarian-minister-requests-stop-bashing-mormons.html Not very informative. Please help

Edited by john doe
removed link

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Joseph Smith

Well not too quick. I just want an explanation of what LDS members believe in. I have got all kinds of stuff off the internet but can't seem to get any ONE solid answer. They say a lot of mean stuff about you guys and I don't wanna do that. I wanna be as unbiased as I can. So if you can a quick run down of EXACTLY what you believe and why. If you would like an example of what I mean here is the one I did on Christianity. Feel free to critique it if you want and even help edit. I don't mind. I may be wrong. I have some of the Islamic faith and others as well. I hope to get a collection of them. So if you have the time and can consolidate your beliefs in to a quick factual statement I would Greatly appreciate it. This is one of the answers that i've had given to me so far. http://www.lds.net/forums/general-discussion/27040-unitarian-minister-requests-stop-bashing-mormons.html Not very informative. Please help

Everything we do in this church is guided by the spirit; Truely spirit, not wanna be; but truely. And its WONDERFULL!:)

Edited by john doe
removed atheist link under review

When the sun goes down and the dusk of day deepens into night, then darkness reigns. During the night, darkness is everywhere and the vision of all is dimmed; none can see afar off. Though the heavens teem with stars—an uncounted host of them—and though the moon—she who rules the night—reflects her rays of borrowed light, yet the darkness is not pierced; the blackness of the night continues.

Deep shadows hide the beasts of forest and field. Wildcats stalk their prey in silence. Packs of hunger-maddened wolves strike terror in their victims as their howling calls draw nearer and nearer. Coyotes are baying in the distance; somewhere a lion roars; and in that deepest shadow a jackal lurks, awaiting his chance to steal the slain game of another. The terrors of the night are real.

But finally a distant dawn is heralded. The morning stars shine forth more brightly than their fellows. A few rays of light part the darkness of the eastern sky, a sky still spotted with clouds. Beyond the mountains, not many leagues away, a new day is gestating in the womb of nature. As the earth turns slowly on its decreed course, the dawn brightens; the light of the morning increases; darkness flees. The stars no longer shine; the moon hides her face; their reflected glimmerings no longer pierce the blackness of the night. The sun rises. The blazing light of heaven covers the earth.

When the dawn comes and the sun shines, the doleful creatures of the night begin to retire. The lions return to their lair and the foxes to their holes; the baying of the coyotes is no longer heard; and the howling wolves are silent. The terrors that lurked in the shadows are now hidden in the rocks and in the caves.

With the new dawn the flowers in the field and the trees in the forest take on new life. The oxen in their stalls and the sheep in their cotes awake from sleep, while the fowls of heaven sing praises to the Lord of Sabaoth, to the Creator of the first day. The blessings of life and light are everywhere seen. It is a new day—a day of joy and rejoicing and light.

When the gospel sun went down almost two millennia ago, when the priesthood was taken away and a dreary dusk descended in the congregations that once had known light, when light and truth no longer shone forth from heaven, and when those on earth no longer were taught and directed by apostles and prophets, then spiritual darkness reigned. Darkness covered the earth and gross darkness the minds of the people. (See Isa. 60:2.) The dark ages had their beginning, and the light of heaven no longer dwelt in the hearts of those who professed to worship Him whose we are.

The vision of all became as the words of a book that is sealed. (See Isa. 29:11.) The prophets and seers were silenced; the holy scriptures were no longer made available to the masses of men; none could see the way to perfection; none knew the way back to the Eternal Presence. Earth’s pilgrims, walking in and by forbidden paths, were lost in the blackness of the night.

True, the heaven still teemed with stars, an uncounted host of them, for there were many wise and good people who reflected forth to others such light and truth and goodness as they had. And month after month a new moon arose to reflect such of heaven’s truths as came by instinct and from reason. There was a St. Augustine, a Maimonides, a Joan of Arc, a Thomas More, a Michelangelo, a Galileo, a host of others—each for the month when their moon shone—who reflected such borrowed light as in their power lay. But the light of heaven no longer shed its rays on the strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life.

And there were deep shadows in which the beasts of hell lurked. Lucifer did not sleep. At Nicaea and later by the pen of Athanasius he aided in the writing of creeds which debased the true gods of heaven and defined them as an incomprehensible spirit essence which fills the immensity of space.

By the word of Constantine he placed the subjects of a pagan empire into what men have since called the universal church. With the sword of Cortez he placed a cross in the hands of pagan people and named them Christians. By the mouth of Tetzel he sold indulgences so that men’s sins could be forgiven for money, as they supposed.

In Spain, in Mexico, and in Peru, he caused the evils of the Inquisition to flourish, and tens of thousands of earth’s inhabitants were slain to keep down heresy, as they chose to call it. The Huguenots and other dissenters from the established order were murdered by the scores of thousands. The dominant religion of the day was one of fear, ignorance, and superstition; it was a religion, imposed by the sword, which denied the agency of man.

It was a long, dark night. There were jackals in the shadows, wolves in the forests, coyotes everywhere. Lions roared and the fangs of the serpent sank again and again into human flesh. The black plague swept Europe. Wars were everywhere. Morality and decency had few supporters. The terrors of the night were real and the night was long—long and dark and black.

But finally the heralds of a distant dawn came forth. There was a Calvin, a Zwingli, a Luther, a Wesley; there were wise and good men—morning stars who shone more brightly than their fellows—who arose in every nation. There were men of insight and courage who were sickened by the sins and evils of the night. These great souls hacked and sawed at the chains with which the masses were bound. They sought to do good and to help their fellowmen—all according to the best light and knowledge they had.

In Germany and France and England and Switzerland and elsewhere groups began to break away from the religion of centuries past. A few rays of light were parting the darkness of the eastern sky.

Many who sought freedom to worship God according to the dictates of their conscience migrated to America. And in due course, by the power of the Father, a new nation was created, a nation “conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.” (Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address.) The United States of America came into being. Beyond the mountains, now not many leagues away, a new day was gestating in the womb of nature.

As the earth continued to turn slowly and steadily on its decreed course, as the dawn brightened and the morning light increased, as the Constitution of the United States guaranteed religious freedom, as men were tempered in their feelings and began to view each other with more equity and fairness, as the Bible was published and read by more people, as darkness fled and light increased, the time for the rising of the gospel sun was at hand.

When the set time had fully come—when the day for the promised restoration of all things was at hand—the Lord in heaven, in his infinite wisdom, mercy, and goodness, sent from the courts of glory that eternal spirit whose foreordained mission it was to usher in the dispensation of the fulness of times. Joseph Smith began his mortal life. It was December 23, 1805. The sun was then just hidden by the mountain peaks.

Then one glorious day in the spring of 1820—our tradition says that it was on April 6—the sun arose to view. The great God with the Lord Jesus at his right hand came down from heaven; stood personally in a grove of trees in western New York; called young Joseph by name; commanded him to join none of the churches of the day, for they were all wrong; told him that all their creeds were an abomination in the sight of heaven; and said that the professors of religion were all corrupt, that they drew near to the Lord with their lips, but their hearts were far from him, that they taught for commandments the doctrines of men, having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof. (JS—H 1:19.)

From that moment the stars no longer shone; the moon hid her face. Their reflected glimmerings were no longer needed to pierce the blackness of the night. The dispensation of the fulness of times was about to be given from God in heaven to man on earth.

Almost immediately angels came from the Divine Presence to teach doctrine, to confer power and authority and priesthood, and to give again the keys of the kingdom, which are part of the holy apostleship, so that mortal men can bind on earth and have it sealed eternally in the heavens.

Within a single decade the Book of Mormon came forth; the Church and kingdom of God on earth was reestablished; revelation and prophecy became the order of the day; and the gifts of the Spirit—all those ancient signs and wonders and miracles—were poured out upon the faithful. Once more there were visions and tongues and prophecies; the sick were healed, the lame walked, the blind saw, and the dead were raised. It was with the Latter-day Saints as it had been with the former-day saints.

Line upon line the ancient truths were restored; one after another the ancient rites and ordinances were revealed anew. Soon the gospel, the fulness of the everlasting gospel—the very power of God which saves and exalts men—was shining forth in all its glory, beauty, and perfection. The gospel sun, which had its setting in the day when darkness covered the earth—that same gospel sun had its rising in the new day of restoration.

And with the gospel dawn and the spread of truth over all the earth, the terrors of the night are vanishing away. Where there was fear and ignorance and superstition, now there is love and light and pure religion. Fear has become courage; ignorance is transformed into wisdom; superstition and tradition are replaced by the light and truth of heaven.

Soon the wolves of wickedness will no longer howl and the jackals of sin no longer snivel and snipe at the ongoing kingdom, and the great millennial day will be upon us.

This is thy day, O Zion! “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. …

“His glory shall be seen upon thee.

“And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. …

“Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. …

“The Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.” (Isa. 60:1–3, 18–19.)

“The morning breaks; the shadows flee;

Lo, Zion’s standard is unfurled! …

The dawning of a brighter day

Majestic rises on the world.”

-Elder Bruce R McConkie

As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we care about all of God’s children who now live or who have ever lived upon the earth. “Our message,” as stated by the First Presidency in 1978, “is one of special love and concern for the eternal welfare of all men and women, regardless of religious belief, race, or nationality, knowing that we are truly brothers and sisters because we are sons and daughters of the same Eternal Father.” 1 As Elder Dallin H. Oaks stated a few years ago:

“The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has many beliefs in common with other Christian churches. But we have differences, and those differences explain why we send missionaries to other Christians, why we build temples in addition to churches, and why our beliefs bring us such happiness and strength to deal with the challenges of life and death.” 2

I wish to testify today of the fulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, which adds to the religious beliefs of other denominations, both Christian and non-Christian. This fulness was originally established by the Savior in His earthly ministry. But then there was a falling away.

Some of the early Apostles knew that an apostasy would occur before the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. To the Thessalonians, Paul wrote concerning this event, “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first.” 3

With this falling away, priesthood keys were lost, and some precious doctrines of the Church organized by the Savior were changed. Among these were baptism by immersion; 4 receiving the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands; 5 the nature of the Godhead—that They are three distinct personages; 6 all mankind will be resurrected through the Atonement of Christ, “both … the just and the unjust”; 7 continuous revelation—that the heavens are not closed; 8 and temple work for the living and the dead. 9

The period that followed came to be known as the Dark Ages. This falling away was foreseen by the Apostle Peter, who declared that “heaven must receive [Jesus Christ] until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.” 10 Restitution would only be necessary if these precious things had been lost.

In the centuries that followed, religious men came to recognize that there had been a gradual falling away from the Church organized by Jesus Christ. Some of them suffered greatly for their beliefs, in what came to be called the Reformation, a sixteenth-century movement that aimed at reforming Western Christianity. This resulted in the separation of the Protestant churches from the main Christian church.

Among these reformers was the Reverend John Lathrop, vicar of the Egerton Church in Kent, England. Incidentally, the Prophet Joseph Smith was descended from John Lathrop. In 1623 the Reverend Lathrop resigned his position because he questioned the authority of the Anglican church to act in the name of God. As he read the Bible, he recognized that apostolic keys were not on the earth. In 1632 he became the minister of an illegal independent church and was put in prison. His wife died while he was in prison, and his orphaned children pleaded with the bishop for his release. The bishop agreed to release Lathrop on condition that he leave the country. This he did, and with 32 members of his congregation he sailed to America. 11

Roger Williams, a seventeenth-century pastor who founded Rhode Island, refused to continue as pastor in Providence on the grounds that there was “no regularly-constituted Church on earth, nor any person authorized to administer any Church ordinance; nor could there be, until new apostles were sent by the great Head of the Church, for whose coming he was seeking.” 12

These are but two of the religious scholars who recognized an apostasy from the Church organized by Jesus Christ and the need for a restoration of the priesthood keys that had been lost. The Apostle John saw in vision the time when “another angel [would] fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.” 13 This prophecy has been fulfilled. Because we believe the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in our time by the Prophet Joseph Smith, we wish to give all people an opportunity to know and accept this message.

We now have in the restored Church apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, and evangelists, as spoken of by Paul to the Ephesians. 14 These priesthood offices were established by the Savior when He organized His Church in the meridian of time. We recognize the two orders of the priesthood and the offices contained within them: the lesser priesthood is the Aaronic Priesthood, named after Aaron; and the greater priesthood is the Melchizedek Priesthood, named after Melchizedek, to whom Abraham paid tithes. The Aaronic Priesthood was restored on May 15, 1829, under the hands of John the Baptist, and the Melchizedek Priesthood within a month under the hands of the ancient Apostles Peter, James, and John to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery. Thus those possessing the priesthood today claim the power to act in the name of God through the priesthood, “which power commands respect both on earth and in heaven.” 15

In the Kirtland Temple on April 3, 1836, Moses appeared and gave the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery the keys of the gathering of Israel. After this, Elias appeared and committed the gospel of Abraham, that in “our seed all generations after us should be blessed.” 16 After this, Elijah the prophet appeared and gave to them the keys of this dispensation, including the sealing power, to bind in heaven that which is bound on earth within the temples. 17 Thus, prophets of previous gospel dispensations presented their keys to the Prophet Joseph Smith in this, the “dispensation of the fulness of times” spoken of by the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians. 18

I am grateful the Lord has seen fit to establish again the law of tithes and offerings for this people. When we keep the law of tithing, the windows of heaven open for us. Great are the blessings poured down upon those who have the faith to keep the law of tithing.

Through the earth’s long history, temple worship has been a significant part of the Saints’ worship, by which they show their desire to come closer to their Creator. The temple was a place of learning for the Savior when He was on the earth; it was very much a part of His life. Temple blessings are available once again in our day. A unique feature of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is its teaching concerning temples and the eternal significance of all that occurs within them. Our majestic and beautiful temples now dot much of the earth. In them the most sacred work is done. President Gordon B. Hinckley has stated of these temples, “There are only a few places on earth where man’s questions about life receive the answers of eternity.” 19 The solemn mysteries of where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going are answered more fully in the temples. We came from God’s presence and are here on earth to prepare to return to His presence.

Of transcendent significance is that within the sacred walls of the temple, husbands and wives make eternal covenants. These covenants are sealed by priesthood authority. Children of that union, if they are worthy, may enjoy an eternal relationship as part of a family and as children of God. As the Apostle John wrote: “What are these which are arrayed in white robes? … Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple.” 20

The Lord has said that His work is “to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.” 21 It follows then that all mankind, living and dead, should have the opportunity of hearing the gospel either in this life or in the spirit world. As Paul said to the Corinthians, “Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?” 22 This is the reason we do ordinance work in temples for our deceased ancestors. No person’s choice or agency is taken away. Those for whom the work is done may accept it or not, as they choose.

The Apostle John saw in vision the time when an angel would come to the earth as part of the Restoration of the gospel. That angel was Moroni, who appeared to the Prophet Joseph Smith. He directed Joseph to the place where golden plates containing ancient writings were deposited. Joseph Smith then translated these plates by the gift and power of God, and the Book of Mormon was published. This is a record of two groups of people who lived centuries ago on the American continent. Little was known about them before the coming forth of the Book of Mormon. But more importantly, the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ. It restored precious truths concerning the Fall, the Atonement, the Resurrection, and life after death.

Prior to the Restoration, the heavens had been closed for centuries. But with prophets and apostles upon the earth once more, the heavens were opened once again with visions and revelations. Many of the revelations that came to the Prophet Joseph Smith were written down in a book that came to be known as the Doctrine and Covenants. This contains further insights about principles and ordinances and is a valuable source concerning the structure of the priesthood. In addition, we have another canon of scripture called the Pearl of Great Price. It contains the book of Moses, which came by revelation to the Prophet Joseph Smith, and the book of Abraham, which he translated from a purchased Egyptian scroll. From these we learn not only a great deal more about Moses, Abraham, Enoch, and other prophets but also many more details about the Creation. We learn that the gospel of Jesus Christ was taught to all of the prophets from the beginning—even from the time of Adam. 23

We believe The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a restoration of the original Church established by Jesus Christ, which was built “upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone.” 24 It is not a breakoff from any other church.

We believe that the fulness of the gospel of Christ has been restored, but this is no reason for anyone to feel superior in any way toward others of God’s children. Rather, it requires a greater obligation to invoke the essence of the gospel of Christ in our lives—to love, serve, and bless others. Indeed, as the First Presidency stated in 1978, we believe that “the great religious leaders of the world such as Mohammed, Confucius, and the Reformers, as well as philosophers including Socrates, Plato, and others, received a portion of God’s light. Moral truths were given to them by God to enlighten whole nations and to bring a higher level of understanding to individuals.” 25 Thus, we have respect for the sincere religious beliefs of others and appreciate others extending the same courtesy and respect for the tenets we hold dear.

I have a personal witness of the truth of the covenants, teachings, and authority restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. This assurance has been with me all of my life. I am grateful that the Restoration of the fulness of the gospel has taken place in our time. It contains the pathway to eternal life. May the strength, peace, and concern of God the Father and the abiding love and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with us all, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. - Elder James Faust

Guest Godless

The brunt of the criticism stems from the fact that the LDS Church claims to be a restored version of the Church that Christ himself established prior to being crucified. Mormons believe that the complete gospel and priesthood authority were absent on the Earth from the time of the death of the original 12 apostles until the restoration of the priesthood authority in the early 19th Century. This period of time is known as the Great Apostasy, and it generally doesn't sit well with Christians due to the fact that it condemns their denominations as wrong.

Another major source of criticism is their belief in the divine authority of the Book of Mormon, which is allegedly an ancient record that was translated by Joseph Smith. Naturally, Christians are inclined to reject the BoM as scripture and denounce its divine authority.

Wow....no wonder they get so much flack....ok...so my question would then be if this was true why didn't Jesus prophesy this? He told of his death before it happened and of the end times and of all kinds of other things pertinent to his followers do why didn't he mention this? And who exactly found out that the church strayed? How did he/her find out?

That is what I'm trying to do is decipher the crap from the real info

Good luck with your efforts. The problem is, there is so much crap that sometimes it's hard for the sincere but uninformed seekers to tell the liars from the merely misinformed.

Case in point: Here's a pro-atheist web site that claims "to help others understand our view of life in general and also to help them understand their own view as well." (How condescending of them, no? They not only help us understand their viewpoint, they help us understand our own viewpoint!)

Now, you may well ask, are these people honest but misinformed, or are they liars? Harsh words, to be sure; the claim of "liar" is serious indeed. Before applying such a label, we need to examine the web site a bit more closely.

The first thing you probably see is a video slide show. Among the slides are these untruths and overt criticism of religion and the religious:

• Slide 3: "Atheism -- Good Enough For These Idiots". Included in this "idiots" portrait are Abraham Lincoln (nondenominational but very clearly a believer in God), Thomas Jefferson (a Deist), and Benjamin Franklin (raised a Puritan, but like Lincoln nondenominational but very clearly a believer in God).
  • Slide 6: A "Motivational"-style poster reading "Atheism -- Because Some Of Us Have Much Better Things To Do"
  • Slide 11: An atheist symbol surrounded by atheist aphorisms, including:

"Atheists will celebrate life while you're in church celebrating death. - Anonymous"

"Animals do not have gods, they are smarter than that. - Ronnie Snow"

"Gods don't kill people. People with gods kill people. - David Viaene"

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg"

Also plainly visible on the front page of this site: Animated cartoons mockingly portraying Jesus and Christians.

Okay, so far, so good. Nothing spectacular here. Fairly run-of-the-mill, anti-Christian, we're-atheist-so-therefore-we're-smarter-than-you stuff. Pretty much what you find all over.

But wait! This site owner then comes to an LDS-oriented group and posts a message with the Subject line "I'm not trying to upset anyone but....". The body of his message includes a link to his web site (described and referenced above) and then tells us, "You will not be talked down to or hated I can assure you." [lack of punctuation preserved]

Now you tell me: Is this guy a liar, or is he simply misguided?

(Hint: Misguided people do not put intentionally insulting and false information on a web site, point to it, and then say "You won't be talked down to or hated, I promise! I'm not trying to upset anyone!")

Anyway, like I said, good luck with your search. I'm sure you're a lily-white, honest, good-hearted seeker after truth. Unlike, say, the owner of the previously mentioned web site.

Edited by Vort

Will you please sto following me like some kind of stalker?? I am getting good info from other people. Please crawl back under the rock you came from. Thank you and have a nice day

:lol: Excellent! "Waaaah!!! You big meanie! I have never been treated so badly in all my life!! This has been the most unpleasant experience in all my life!!!" (Direct quotes, by the way.) Friend, you lead a very sheltered life.

Just trying to help you understand that there are, in fact, liars out there, who intentionally deceive and misrepresent themselves.

Always happy to be of help!

PS I've been on this web site quite a while now. Don't flatter your pathetic self that I'm "stalking" you, especially when you don't have the courage to answer the points I made about your ridiculous intro posting.

PPS You are not merely seeking for information. You are looking to mock the LDS religion on your site, as you have done with others, and you want ammo for your efforts.

Edited by Vort

You want an answer? Ok fine. There is only so much crap I can take from a fake internet bully. Sweet heart I have been to 2 wars and I am a cop. What exactly is it you do? Right....nothing. Eventually people like me get fed up with people like you and we tend to snap a little. You and people like you are the reason people like me have bad opinions of your belief structure. I try to get an answer and you persecute me for that. Way to go hunny. Find a life. Now to address your crap Great Minds: Atheist Quotes this is why President Franklin is viwed as an atheist Here is Lincoln Positive Atheism's Big List of Abraham Lincoln Quotations and if you can't use google I can find the rest for you. I took those cartoons off because it offended other people as well. I didn't know they where there. We also have admins. They are allowed to post stuff. Now I know that bit of logic may be beyond your simple mind but that is what happened. Now if you are done pestering me I'd like to get back to my research. Thank you and have a nice day.

P.S. your rock is waiting to welcome you home

P.s.s. scurry along little rodent friend

Hidden

I try to get an answer and you persecute me for that.

I often say the Church is no longer truly being persecuted, and hasn't been for over one hundred years, because criticism and/or disagreeing with someone is not persecution.

And then a fellow atheist comes to the site, and uses the word "persecution" because s/he didn't like Vort's post that criticized and disagreed with him. Not only that, the person, with 27 posts, reports Vort. :rolleyes:

My brain is feeling persecuted right now because I'm making it think about this.

Elphaba