Global Warming a fraud?

rameumptom

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Norway News:

08.12.2009, 08:57am, Tue. GMT]Posted Image

The average temperature in Norway has never been higher than it has been over the last 9 years. Registrations have been made across the nation, both at the coast in and the highlands. This is shown by registrations made at 10 points by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute (NMI) since the year 2000. While the average temperature on the mainland has increased by from 1.0 to 1.5 degrees above the normal, on the Svalbard archipelago the temperature has risen 3 degrees above the normal

I have, Hemi. Please quote specifics.

Hmm...D&C 76 [most important since both Joseph and Sidney spent more than an hour in Johnson house viewing the wall], D&C 88, Book of Abraham [deciphering the second facsimile], Teachings of Joseph Smith, and Journal of Discourses where Brigham Young spoke on occasions concerning the Sun is a telestial state.

Ooh, now that's an interesting interpretation of D&C 76 Hemi.

For those who might not know, I would assume that he's referring to:

70 These are they whose bodies are celestial, whose glory is that of the sun, even the glory of God, the highest of all, whose glory the sun of the firmament is written of as being typical.

Are you suggesting that this means that the earth will become, when it is celestial, a fiery ball of gas? Not to be absurdist. I honestly don't know if that's what you mean, since I always took it to be largely symbolic.

Hmm... I could see the correlations: A celestial world being one a terrestrial being couldn't live upon, the suggestion of its glory being like the sun. If this is what you're saying, I'd have to look further in to this and be cautious as I feel we're going in to pseudo-doctrine now.

Hmm...D&C 76 [most important since both Joseph and Sidney spent more than an hour in Johnson house viewing the wall], D&C 88, Book of Abraham [deciphering the second facsimile], Teachings of Joseph Smith, and Journal of Discourses where Brigham Young spoke on occasions concerning the Sun is a telestial state.

If global warming is a fraud then why do I have seven foot snow drifts in my yard for a place that has a history of no to little snow? We moved here for that reason.

Mild winter's!!!!! It was -38 C here two days ago. I dont need Scientists to tell me global warming is happening I have be watching Canada weather change so wildly I dont need to have them tell me.

If global warming is a fraud then why do I have seven foot snow drifts in my yard for a place that has a history of no to little snow? We moved here for that reason.

Mild winter's!!!!! It was -38 C here two days ago. I dont need Scientists to tell me global warming is happening I have be watching Canada weather change so wildly I dont need to have them tell me.

Have you ever asked yourself what 'global warming' means Winnie?

It means getting warmer - not snowing in your yard.

Is there climate change? Of course. The problem is, we do not know if man is causing it, or causing any portion of it; or if there's anything we can do about it.

Much of the drastic and crazy weather in North America going on right now is due to the current El Nino. This is NOT a man-made condition, and nothing we can do about it.

Hmmm, as I said in a different thingy, I wouldn't go so far as to say that global warming isn't real. However I would definitely say that the proclaimed cause of CO2 emissions is mostly false. It probably plays a part, but not nearly enough of one to raise the temp even a significant fraction of whatever we consider the base temp to be.

Anyway, something I found rather funny was the whole deal about the 'carbon footprint' and reducing energy to reduce our 'carbon footprint' And in the midst of it all, our famed Nobel Peace Prize winner is using an electric lift to express how high the CO2 emissions are.

By the way, why does he get a Nobel Peace Prize? Wouldn't it be a Nobel Contention Prize? I mean, thats really all its caused or done for the world is cause a whole big ball of argument.

Ooh, now that's an interesting interpretation of D&C 76 Hemi.

For those who might not know, I would assume that he's referring to:

Are you suggesting that this means that the earth will become, when it is celestial, a fiery ball of gas? Not to be absurdist. I honestly don't know if that's what you mean, since I always took it to be largely symbolic.

Hmm... I could see the correlations: A celestial world being one a terrestrial being couldn't live upon, the suggestion of its glory being like the sun. If this is what you're saying, I'd have to look further in to this and be cautious as I feel we're going in to pseudo-doctrine now.

Not if you take into considerations some of the musings of Brigham Young.

Bro. Rudick

Not if you take into considerations some of the musings of Brigham Young.

Bro. Rudick

That's entirely possible, Johnny. The truth is, I don't know. I'm wary of taking musings as gospel, though, because in the early days of the church(Not that we aren't still in the early days!), there was much speculation based upon what we had learned that turned out to not be correct.

This, however, is soundly based upon scripture. I'll have to mull it over. I wouldn't teach it in class, but it very well may be correct. It certainly fits.

The UK's Daily Mail gave this article a couple days ago, showing one way in which the Global Warming folks were "cooking the books." (see link below: warning, some of their ads on the right column may be risque).

SPECIAL INVESTIGATION: Climate change emails row deepens - and Russians admit they DID send them | Mail Online

In essence, they use data from several sources up to 1961, then drop tree chronology evidence from the data, by "hiding" it behind other lines that converge. In reality, it no longer appears, because they removed the data. The tree chronology data shows that temperatures dropped in that time period.

Also, our temperature now is about the same as it was in 1000 AD, BEFORE industrialization, etc.

This is just one bit of "inconvenient truth" that Al Gore didn't want us to see, I guess.

That's entirely possible, Johnny. The truth is, I don't know. I'm wary of taking musings as gospel, though, because in the early days of the church(Not that we aren't still in the early days!), there was much speculation based upon what we had learned that turned out to not be correct.

This, however, is soundly based upon scripture. I'll have to mull it over. I wouldn't teach it in class, but it very well may be correct. It certainly fits.

That is exactly the way I feel about it too.

His statements on this subject came to mind

when I read some of these posts

and I just could not keep from mentioning it.:D

Bro. Rudick

Edited by JohnnyRudick