Question about home schooling

chitchat

I respect many things about Mormons and am here to ask a few questions in order to understand better. I know that Mormons are big on missionary work. Do Mormons believe that it is best if their children attend public schools so they can proselytize?

I assume that most Mormons send their children to public schools run by the state. Am I right about that?

Studies are showing that up to 98% of evangelical kids attending public schools are losing their faith. Have any studies been done on Mormon kids in public schools? I'm wondering how many of them continue in the Mormon faith well into adulthood.

Mormons believe in doing what is best for their children most go to school but a fair number of Latter Day Saints also Home Educate. I Home Educate my children as its what is best for them to be honest them proselytizing was the last thing on my mind, I believe they will receive a better home life and better education as a result. We are given stewardship over our children and we are also given gut instinct which comes from Heavenly Father as how best to raise em

I respect many things about Mormons and am here to ask a few questions in order to understand better. I know that Mormons are big on missionary work. Do Mormons believe that it is best if their children attend public schools so they can proselytize?

I was never told to tell other students about my religion... however we are tought to be an example and then if anyone asked then to explain our beliefs.

I assume that most Mormons send their children to public schools run by the state. Am I right about that?

yes.

Studies are showing that up to 98% of evangelical kids attending public schools are losing their faith. Have any studies been done on Mormon kids in public schools? I'm wondering how many of them continue in the Mormon faith well into adulthood.

I don't know if there is a specific study for LDS....

And I don't know how accurate that study is (in regards to kids of evangelicals).

I imagine that a good percentage do fall away from the church to some degree or another, but thats just a blind guess.

Pam, in evangelical circles quite a few parents say they put their kids in public schools so they can be a witness or proselytize. What is happening is that most of those kids are losing their faith.

I wonder how many Mormons homeschool their kids because (with the situation as it is right now in public schools), it is getting harder and harder for kids to learn good habits, correct history, and decent morals. Statistically speaking, American children are getting a really awful education in the public schools.

I was hoping to hear that most Mormons home school because statistically it is so much better academically and socially, but I guess that most use the public schools. I wish most people of every faith would consider options outside public schooling, but I don't know of any one faith where that is the case.

Edited by chitchat