Why do so many other faiths seem to dislike LDS?

Mute

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you didn't here about the new rules they have now..only kissing & hugging allowed. :)

So is that like the old time fights. Instead of fight till death..it will be kiss till death? What a delightful way to go. lol

For what it is worth, Beliefnet has both a Christian to Christian discussion forum and an Interfaith Discussion forum that protects LDS participants the same as anyone else. The need to dominate or control the presence of 'the other' seems to me to be deleterious to good discussion. Probably it arises from misplaced zeal.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules, please report it so the mod staff can take a look at the situation. You report by clicking on the white triangle outlined in red in the top right corner of each post.

I just had a quick look at the rules. Has anyone ever actually read this entire document without faling asleep?

However, I did get far enough to to discover that my two favourite hobbies (namely "bickering" and "nit-picking") are not allowed here. What else is there in life to enjoy? :shocking:

Interestingly in a couple of reader polls in the last 5-6 years, the majority of those polled said they would be something other than Christian if they could no longer be a Mormon. A rather large number said they would want to be Jewish. Not one mentioned Rastafarianism.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, working that, but wanted to not lose track of this post to quote.

If I were not LDS I believe I would be Buddhist. Maybe a Wiccan of sorts.

Edit: I've read the whole thread and have no further comment.

Edited by ruthiechan

• 2 months later...

Whenever I run across anyone who refers to some anti-mormon stuff, I merely ask him what faith he belongs to. I then say that I working on some 'insert their faith here' literature for my church and wanted their input.

So the conversation works something like this after they ask their anti-mormon question;

"Hmmm, what's your faith?"

"I'm Presbyterian".

"Great, I'm working on some presbyterian literature for my church as well and have some questions about your faith, would you be willing to answer them once I answer yours?"

To date, most see the ridiculous nature of their position and laugh - but those who don't, aren't worth knowing anyway.