The Weather

Palerider

we got some snow overnight, but it was all gone by 2 this afternoon....not sure what the weather this weekend is supposed to be....i'll go look.

looks like no snow this weekend. supposed to be 60ish :D

What kind of talk is this, 60ish? May I remind you Lbybug that you are Canadian. :P

M.

We have had very warm like +4C. Snow is melting fast. Usually there is hardly any snow in Easter. We will se what happens til then.

They say it is not a good idea to travel in Westland around Easter or to go on the mountains this year as there is a great danger of lavines. We have had already many in West cutting the roads completely for many hours and closing the peopel in maybe even for weeks. Lavines often end in teh sea and thus may even take a car from the road into the ocean. Now they uwill use several millions to fix theo places with lavinepossibilities so that the roads are not affected... I think that means more tunnel type roads.

Some people in North have had it so cold that the water pipes have frosen in whole villages and they need to get water driven by watertanktrucks. Luckily they can melt the snow for washing just need the drink and food water ... a man in TV yesterday said, as he was getting water from the tankcar, that yes it has been pretty long now, all the way from Christmas withut water and that he thinks it(he) begins to stink... (ofcourse he was joking as there is the snow...just in case someone did not get that)

Usually we also may get snow stil on 17th May which is the National day of Norway when all kids and grownups clothe to their best and march after a band all over the country... may get really cold those days even though the snow might have been gone for a month or so before. Usually 1 May snow is gone.

We are driving to the Temple on Monday and Saturday back... I just hope it wont get bad weather... it is a 6-9 hour drive depending on trafic... and weather... probally close to 8 this time as we drive on daytime if we dont hit terrible weather.

Some 17 May pictures from years back... my little princess... with a friend... and my Tubaboy and brother (who ofcourse forgot the black shoes) at teh back with cymbals I think you call them... adn int eh other my boys are arong the older is on the back left of the band playing the big drum this time ... and the little tuba man is somewhere there too... probably behind the big tuba, front to the right....

Edited by Maya

Guest Godless

its been cold here...was 40 deg this morning..lows in the 50s/60s next week and back up to the 90s by the weekend

I always hated how 50 feels more like 30 in the desert. Must be the dry air.

TOA have you already forgotten the snow storm that hit your area in the past? Flights cancelled etc because your city wasn't equipped for it? hahaha

Oh, THAT! It happens so rarely, I thought it was only a dream.

It's funny here on the very rare occasions when it does snow a little....there are no snow plows or shovels or salt for the ice....people have NO clue what to do. Funny after moving from Salt Lake City to see people scramble.