"Utah Mormons"

Landy77

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cheat Dravin using Adam and Eve. :lol:

Egads, then that means some where along the line I am related to Dravin!! Eeeewwwww- - -spit-spit-cough- yuk :yuck:!!! Edited by Iggy

Wait a gosh darn minute. Then that means I beat Dravin..He only mentions two relatives and I have 3 if I include Adam and Eve. So there.

You responding to my post?? Cause if you are, I don't have a clue:D

Yes responding to yours. Cuz mine has his name engraved on a stone with several other leaders during that time.

:offtopic: Wayyyyyy off topic :eek:

Fry sauce is nothing more than ketchup and mayonnaise mixed..sometimes with a touch of BBQ sauce to give it some kick. You mix these same things on hamburgers etc anyway.

Heck if that is all it is, then by just adding sweet pickle relish you get 1000 island dressing. That is what I use on hamburgers and hot dogs at home. Why keep a bottle of mayo when we don't use it for anything else and it ends up going bad??? We eat the dressing all the time.

Edited by Iggy
speleeng

I think my lack of interest in the fry sauce stems from my intense hatred of mayo. So the idea of any of my food or other condiments touching it just makes me gag.

Strangely enough as a hater of both straight up ketchup and straight up mayonnaise I like fry sauce (but forebear for calorie reasons). Maybe it's a double negative type deal, evil * evil = good.

Guest mirancs8

I was just asking a question. I am being baptised tomorrow and was wondering. To make everyone feel better, each part of the country has a bit of its own culture. Look at Texas compared to Florida. I think maybe the differences are more geographical upbringing than associated with being a Mormon?

I moved to Gilbert, Arizona almost 2 years ago and there are A LOT of Utah Mormon's here. It seems like everyone either is from there or have immediate family that lives there... ow and yes they take the drive up to Utah to go hunting. I don't see anything different about them compared to me or someone who wasn't from there. It also depends on the person themselves. There are people who would like to go to church on Sunday and be completely left alone the rest of the week.

Living here I'm sure it's close to what it would be like in Utah but then again I don't know since I've never been to Utah. If you want to be LDS and left alone Gilbert and Mesa may not be the towns you want to live in;). One Sunday I didn't make it to church and what do you know a few people show up later that day concerned wanting to check on me. I thought it was very nice, but yes if you want to be left alone that would get old. At least 3 times a week someone from church is stopping over for a chat, calling me, checking on me, or giving me something. I have one LDS neighbor directly across the street who has seen and knows way to much of the goings on at my house (police, ex-husband, etc... lots of drama a few months ago).

So I think it really depends on the person. Not everyone needs or wants to be that active in their community/church. I can understand that. For me I enjoy it a great deal. Going from living in a town with little LDS at all to a town that is packed street by street with LDS it's been a terrific experience. .

Someone who is of MY family is in the tripple! (Boasting)

I wrote my name on the fromntpage myself! :P

My DH is family with the Scotish Queen Blody Mary! And I am family with Noah, Adam and Eve!:rolleyes:

So are Wayen and Merrill Osmond autographs.

Edited by Maya

Hi Landy77,

Where I'm from, people criticize or poke fun of Utah Mormons, and try to "out-Mormon" the Utahns. Later I lived in Utah for several years and found *gasp* that Utah Mormons are just like everybody else. Because a higher percentage of the population in Utah is LDS than elsewhere, you can find more self-righteous Mormons in Utah simply because there are more Mormons. You can also find more "slacker" Mormons in Utah because there are more Mormons. So whatever stereotype a person chooses to give Utah Mormons, they can "justify" it by pointing out those examples. But when it comes right down to it, people are the same everywhere.

HEP

and here was thinkin mormons were a peculiar people :)

well, the utah mormons that come to texas because of employment act like we have cooties and aren't good enough. i tend to hang out with the texas converts because if we slip and cuss nobody faints.

edit; and the women all have the same weird hair cut. pooffy on the top and supershort in the back. with weird highlights.

Edited by ladykemma2